PDA

View Full Version : Max Blair

Raceready
11-11-2023, 09:16 PM
Now in a Longhorn. Who would a thunk it ? The family has been in Rockets since Chub Frank got Robby into them many, many years ago. . . Whos next to make a switch ? The Conleys ?

ftfiowa
11-11-2023, 09:24 PM
maybe when mark r is ready to retire he sells Rocket to Longhorn and this all becomes moot. Mark & steve cant go on forever and we all know josh doesnt want it so.... Anywho good luck Max in 2024 whatever chassis you run!

grt74
11-11-2023, 10:48 PM
longhorn can't do it all either, someone is going to have to step up
hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word), stepped in at the right time, still think we need one more

Drop Shock
11-11-2023, 10:57 PM
Marks daughter is plenty capable of running the business. With or without Josh, Rocket ain’t going no where

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-12-2023, 02:48 AM
Running the business isn't near enough. Finding new ways to go fast and playing politics are actually more important for longevity in this sport.

dirtcrazy4u
11-12-2023, 05:39 AM
Who's choice was it ? Max or the people that pay the bills.

Pennsboro32
11-12-2023, 07:06 AM
When the people that pay the bills say you’re running longhorn, you’re running a longhorn.

MasterSbilt_Racer
11-12-2023, 07:42 AM
That's the downside of a sugar daddy. Sometimes you have to let them have their way.

txl9t
11-12-2023, 08:34 AM
Who's choice was it ? Max or the people that pay the bills.I'm pretty sure it was Max's choice. When I talked to him about 3/4 through the season and he told me it was time for a change. He's pretty tight with RTJ, so it was a no brainer. Bought a car from him turnkey.

Barbecueboy
11-12-2023, 08:36 AM
Running the business isn't near enough. Finding new ways to go fast and playing politics are actually more important for longevity in this sport.

This is a great post MB….spot on.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
11-12-2023, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Max's choice. When I talked to him about 3/4 through the season and he told me it was time for a change. He's pretty tight with RTJ, so it was a no brainer. Bought a car from him turnkey.

RTJ is a distributor or he bought one of his old cars?

Drop Shock
11-12-2023, 10:05 AM

It’s all about the people you have around you. Justin Labonte was the only labonte really involved with longhorn when they started their dominant run 3-4 years ago. He was smart enough to hitch his wagon to Kevin Rumley and Matt Langston, that’s why longhorn is in the position they are in now. Arpin has just grew the strong foundation those guys at the original longhorn shop are responsible for

84wedge
11-12-2023, 12:05 PM
At this rate Dennis Erb Jr. is going to be Marks only customer on a major tour.

Pennsboro32
11-12-2023, 02:05 PM
At this rate Dennis Erb Jr. is going to be Marks only customer on a major tour.

This idiot still can’t count.

dirtcrazy4u
11-12-2023, 02:28 PM
Think about this for a second. Your RTJ, You have just had your best year and beat them all in 2023. You have a car that your selling, if that car is any good you can talk all you want, they are not selling it. Horns have unfortunately had a problem with cars not reacting the same. Call it what you wish, but I don't think there selling a car RTJ is comfortable in.

txl9t
11-12-2023, 06:40 PM
RTJ is a distributor or he bought one of his old cars?Bought one of his old cars. A car Ricky ran this year for a bit I believe.

txl9t
11-12-2023, 06:42 PM
Think about this for a second. Your RTJ, You have just had your best year and beat them all in 2023. You have a car that your selling, if that car is any good you can talk all you want, they are not selling it. Horns have unfortunately had a problem with cars not reacting the same. Call it what you wish, but I don't think there selling a car RTJ is comfortable in.They probably had 5 cars in the stable. Have to sell to make room for new.

grt74
11-13-2023, 07:00 AM
I'm pretty sure it was Max's choice. When I talked to him about 3/4 through the season and he told me it was time for a change. He's pretty tight with RTJ, so it was a no brainer. Bought a car from him turnkey.

ill be very surprised if he got the complete package, those guys race for a living, and everything is so close right now, i just don't think he can let it out yet, just the way it is, if your going to run on that level, you have to do homework, and its alot of homework for those last 2 tenths
now if you find it, you may get 6 months to a year with it before someone catches up, but these guys work too hard to keep an edge for more than a year anymore

manwplan
11-13-2023, 10:08 AM
The 96V was not very good at Charlotte. Not a good initial look for BMF but I don't think they are a bad piece. There are plenty of good small builders out there but most would rather be on the chassis merry-go-round. It used to be Rocket/Masters. Now its Rocket/Longhorn.

Raceready
11-13-2023, 02:21 PM
At this rate Dennis Erb Jr. is going to be Marks only customer on a major tour.Ya gotta give Dennis Erb Jr. the credit though as the last driver to honestly win the title of a premier series in a Rocket ? ?

Jking24
11-13-2023, 10:27 PM
The 96V was not very good at Charlotte. Not a good initial look for BMF but I don't think they are a bad piece. There are plenty of good small builders out there but most would rather be on the chassis merry-go-round. It used to be Rocket/Masters. Now its Rocket/Longhorn.This is not meant to be a attack on English but he's a bit of a one Trick pony and charlotte isn't anywhere in that bag. I wouldn't use charlotte as a bench mark for how he'll do in the bmf

grt74
11-14-2023, 07:26 AM
This is not meant to be a attack on English but he's a bit of a one Trick pony and charlotte isn't anywhere in that bag. I wouldn't use charlotte as a bench mark for how he'll do in the bmf

i agree tanner will be fine, i think this year should be a better year for him, he has notes for alot of these places now, plus he has the backing, so if he tests and does the homework, i can see big things happening

manwplan
11-15-2023, 01:40 PM
What are you talking about? In 2022 he ran WoO, finished 2nd in points had 4 wins and one of them was at the World Finals.

Jking24
11-16-2023, 02:02 PM
What are you talking about? In 2022 he ran WoO, finished 2nd in points had 4 wins and one of them was at the World Finals.Where he finished in points or how many wins he had has nothing to do with my statement