PDA

View Full Version : Speedweeks lodging? Eat Bay & Volusia

dirthawk
12-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Where is the best place to stay? Plan on hitting the end of East Bay and the early part of Volusia?

ftfiowa
12-05-2023, 09:32 PM
Tampa bay and then deland

bleedblue55
12-05-2023, 09:50 PM
Brandon Fl. is convenient for East Bay. I stay on Ormond Beach for Volusia. About anywhere for Volusia is a 20-30 min drive. Deland is a great option unless you want to see the ocean.

foxfire2dirtracing
12-05-2023, 11:58 PM
We stay at Ruskin on the water for East Bay and Daytona Beach for Volusia. 25 miles to the track.
Water during the day- racing at night.

Oiler
12-06-2023, 03:06 AM
If you want the beach, Ormond and Daytona are close. Inland, Deland is closest. There is a Courtyard downtown within walking distance of a lot of good restaurants along the main drag and just being out and about during the day. Do stay alert if you venture across the street to 7-Eleven after dark 💉💉💊💊🚨

d-glenn
12-06-2023, 11:23 AM
For East Bay, Brandon has several nice places, about 10/15 minutes to track.

Google Brandon motels.

foxfire2dirtracing
12-06-2023, 12:01 PM
Be prepared to pay the higher $$ for lodging- they know it’s raceweek!

foxfire2dirtracing
12-06-2023, 12:02 PM
Plus Volusia is Daytona 500 week - so prices are naturally higher as well.

WisWildManFan
12-06-2023, 01:23 PM
I did an air BnB for Daytona a few years back for last night of volusia and daytona 500. It was cheaper for 2 days at a very nice condo then one night at crappy motel 6. I think they wanted north of $300 for that. I plan on East Bay this year but am having a hard time finding an actual beach close to the track. May split my stay up there and just not hit the track every night I'm there.

foxfire2dirtracing
12-06-2023, 01:58 PM
For thee water at East Bay- Little Harbor at Ruskin is asset. Private- gated on the bay! All- condo’s from studios to 4 bedrooms. Marina and 2 nice restaurants: 1 on the harbor inlet-1 on the bay with a pier and outside ticki bar. We left Brandon about 6 ago after we found Little Harbor. Considering moving to Clearwater at that time to be able to spend the daytime on the water- but the traffic coming thru Tampa at that time of day- negated the idea of staying in Clearwater.
St. Pete is an option - commute would be quite a bit longer taking the bridge into I 75 at Bradenton then North to East Bay.

Barbecueboy
12-06-2023, 02:37 PM
We are thinking about getting an rv delivered and set up at the track for the week….haven’t firmed that up yet but considering it instead of hauling ours down.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-06-2023, 06:15 PM
☝️☝️☝️
Now thats a smart idea bbq.

Tireguy17
12-07-2023, 07:57 AM
BBQ - Unless you are a regular RV'er, be sure to look into if there is a service that comes around and pumps the tanks and refills with fresh water. Most RV's won't carry enough water for multiple people to make it thru that many days. I would assume a service makes the rounds there.....

Dirt Clod
12-07-2023, 09:26 AM
BBQ and Tireguy,

Thanks for these tips. My buddies and I have considered doing this someday. Great advice on getting the tanks pumped and refilled.

d-glenn
12-07-2023, 05:20 PM
I have been camping for years at EB and they do come around with water and pumping. We will be back this year...

Barbecueboy
12-07-2023, 06:39 PM
Last time we camped those guys were great and fairly priced etc….that was a while ago but I figured they still might be around. I’ve never rented the rv set up deal but my buddies did at golden isles and said it worked out great…..I like being at the track versus hotel or condo so we are kicking it around.

Buford.Justice
12-07-2023, 07:56 PM
If you want the beach, Ormond and Daytona are close. Inland, Deland is closest. There is a Courtyard downtown within walking distance of a lot of good restaurants along the main drag and just being out and about during the day. Do stay alert if you venture across the street to 7-Eleven after dark 

Like with an AK-47 in each arm????

Buford.Justice
12-07-2023, 07:59 PM
I have been camping for years at EB and they do come around with water and pumping. We will be back this year...

You just keep going! d-glenn, you are a legend!

You get my vote for the cover of 4M Magazine!!!

d-glenn
12-08-2023, 07:50 AM
No BJ, you are the legend.

BBQ
Last year there was a rental camper next to us and if I remember correctly, they said it was $600.00 for the week set up. Come join the fun...

Oiler
12-08-2023, 03:36 PM
Like with an AK-47 in each arm????Nah.....a .45 will be enough. They were halfway to zombie land by dark 😁

WisWildManFan
12-13-2023, 09:57 AM
Giving Little Harbor in Ruskin a shot this year, will report back to see if anyone wants to book it in October. Doing Lucas Finale and 2 nights of High Limit.

Jim11h
12-13-2023, 10:18 PM
I'm absolutely attending east bay but when? I'm not a lucas format fan, don't mind other divisions and tracks so what's everyone's best opinion to see Florida speedweeks in all within 5 days or so? Trying to get best bang

foxfire2dirtracing
12-13-2023, 11:22 PM
Wiswildmanfan
I think you will be really satisfied with Little Harbor. It will be our 6-7th year after leaving the hotels in Brandon. We wouldn’t thi k of staying anywhere else.
Make sure you have your parking/gate pass with you when you leave for the races. The guard is on duty at night and you have to stop at the guard house before entering.

Big Daddy 37
12-15-2023, 12:47 PM
I'm absolutely attending east bay but when? I'm not a lucas format fan, don't mind other divisions and tracks so what's everyone's best opinion to see Florida speedweeks in all within 5 days or so? Trying to get best bang

Ummm, if you don't like Lucas (for whatever reason), you better just stay on the Atlantic coast side...

There are mod/sprint/crate shows at East Bay too. But the giant crowds are there for the
Lucas shows.

bleedblue55
12-15-2023, 02:55 PM
Ummm, if you don't like Lucas (for whatever reason), you better just stay on the Atlantic coast side...

There are mod/sprint/crate shows at East Bay too. But the giant crowds are there for the
Lucas shows.

East Bay late models have always been the main draw no matter the sanction or series. The only thing Lucas brought into it was provisionals.

Jim11h
02-04-2024, 12:42 PM
Well just booked condo in ruskins @vlittle harbor inn. $500 for 4 days far cheaper than hotel and looks like badass area. Might look into a morning charter. I'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday. Thinking gonna cruise to Volusia 1 night for things with wings to say been there done that lol. Definitely looking forward to water every day views!

WisWildManFan
02-09-2024, 01:01 PM
Well just booked condo in ruskins @vlittle harbor inn. $500 for 4 days far cheaper than hotel and looks like badass area. Might look into a morning charter. I'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday. Thinking gonna cruise to Volusia 1 night for things with wings to say been there done that lol. Definitely looking forward to water every day views!How is the place treating you, I fly in tonight and will be there until Wed to catch high limit. Any details or information helps, thanks in advance.

Jim11h
02-09-2024, 03:12 PM
Well parking lot at beach is paid parking, so just walk there or to sunset bar & grill. Burger and fry at sunset was good, you pay little extra for view but worth it. Had breakfast yesterday at Barbara's family diner, good food reasonable price and it was a plate fill! View at condo is excellent and its quite here. Drive to & from track simple 25 min ride. Checked out manatee park and well worth couple hours, and it's free. Gonna do the fish house tomorrow as it's always busy. Think only open Thursday-Sunday? If ya like coors light I'll probably have plenty left over when book Sunday. Just let me know.

foxfire2dirtracing
02-09-2024, 04:24 PM
If you go to Sunset Grille- they will validate you inside for 3 hour free parking. Tag # & phone #.
We tried a new restaurant today on Apollo a beach Blvd. called Circles. It’s a little pricey- but excellent quality/quanity.

Jim11h
02-09-2024, 06:02 PM
Appreciate it, that's how found out about beach so gave plate # and telephone #. She said she see what could do cause gets to rental and pain in butt. I'm hopefully gonna grab something from Ybor and alligator shack before leaving but I'll skip one them for fish house

Jim11h
02-09-2024, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately person running this unit messaged his info that if ever stay again he'll give better deal directly. Doubt ever back but I'll share info if needed for October

foxfire2dirtracing
02-09-2024, 06:58 PM
If you can rent directly from owner(some will) you can save taxes/fees.
But still cleaning fee.

Buford.Justice
02-09-2024, 07:53 PM
Just tell the person at the motel counter, you're an illegal immigrant and get a very special rate!!!!

FREE!!! Hint, don't speak english and do some skin prep ahead of time.

SHOESTRING TRVLR
02-09-2024, 10:55 PM
The fish house is very good. But just a heads up, everything is fried.

WisWildManFan
02-10-2024, 08:14 AM
Well parking lot at beach is paid parking, so just walk there or to sunset bar & grill. Burger and fry at sunset was good, you pay little extra for view but worth it. Had breakfast yesterday at Barbara's family diner, good food reasonable price and it was a plate fill! View at condo is excellent and its quite here. Drive to & from track simple 25 min ride. Checked out manatee park and well worth couple hours, and it's free. Gonna do the fish house tomorrow as it's always busy. Think only open Thursday-Sunday? If ya like coors light I'll probably have plenty left over when book Sunday. Just let me know.Appreciate all the information. We will check out Barbara’s for breakfast. I’ve heard good things about Circles and the other main restaurant in apollo beach

ZERO25
02-10-2024, 02:45 PM
You should try Doc Fords on the bay in St Pete. Excellent seafood and the view is awesome!

Its right beside the St Pete pier with a nice walk and shops at the end!