PDA

View Full Version : Tri County Race Track in Brasstown, NC up for sale

HoosierDirtFan
12-08-2023, 03:50 PM
From Ray Cook on the tracks Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php/?id=100064643441140&name=xhp_nt__fb__action__open_user

It is with deep regret to announce today that my family and I will not be reopening Tri-County Racetrack to start the 2024 season. The Wimpey family feels that it's best to turn the track over to a real estate agent and wait for the property to sell before it opens again. It is the Wimpey family's wishes that it still remains a racetrack with hopes of a quick sale, so the track can reopen very soon.

As for me and my family, we would like to thank every fan, driver, race team, etc. that has attended Tri-County Racetrack during our time as promoters. All the great employees and staff that did everything they could to help us keep the track open, Thank You. All the great sponsors and supporters that have sacrificed so much of their time and money to make sure the track stayed open, Thank you.

It has been a great experience and we've learned so many things to do and not to do during this time that we can’t list them all. Hopefully, this will be a very short period of time and racing will resume at Tri-County Racetrack very soon.

We will continue to work with all of the surrounding tracks any way we can to help keep dirt track racing alive and well.

Thanks again for everything and all of your support!!!

Ray Cook

Buford.Justice
12-08-2023, 04:06 PM
Wimpey's? Are you being sarcastic? hahahaha

Raceready
12-08-2023, 05:04 PM
Wimpey's? Are you being sarcastic? hahahahaSounds like somebody is wimping out on that deal ?

zyoung25
12-08-2023, 09:08 PM
This place was on my bucket list to get too. It looks like it will be left to ruin now. It sucks because this place is probably the best track down that way for real racing.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-08-2023, 09:37 PM
This place was on my bucket list to get too. It looks like it will be left to ruin now. It sucks because this place is probably the best track down that way for real racing.

I went there 1 time and I wasnt empressed.

MRM
12-11-2023, 11:30 AM
The track being for sale is not new news. This has been known since late September. What is new is Ray saying there won't be any racing there this year unless it's sold to someone else as a track. What I find odd is they say they'd like to find a buyer that wants to keep it as a track but don't want any racing there to hinder a sale.

I finally made my first trip there in October for the Flo race. I hope that's not my only trip there. The facilities aren't much. But it's such a fun track.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-11-2023, 12:58 PM

It can race pretty well. No one is going to brag on the facilities, but it's a decent track for sure.

foxfire2dirtracing
12-11-2023, 01:04 PM
Old School track.
Ray is hoping it will sell for a racetrack - but he thinks the asking price is way to high.

MRM
12-11-2023, 02:08 PM
Old School track.
Ray is hoping it will sell for a racetrack - but he thinks the asking price is way to high.

It is. But the owner thinks someone may want to buy it for something else, hence the higher price tag.

foxfire2dirtracing
12-11-2023, 05:23 PM
I have heard they think it might sell to be converted into a campground.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
12-11-2023, 06:27 PM
Camper racing?

jog49
12-12-2023, 02:20 AM
It is. But the owner thinks someone may want to buy it for something else, hence the higher price tag.

In Brasstown? Isn't that on the edge of the Earth?

One Man Gang
12-12-2023, 03:18 PM
Went there for the southern nationals race in 2015 only reason I know Casey Roberts won is because they was interviewing him in victory lane when the dust finally settled enough to see what the hell was going on.

MasterSbilt_Racer
12-13-2023, 04:47 AM
Went there for the southern nationals race in 2015 only reason I know Casey Roberts won is because they was interviewing him in victory lane when the dust finally settled enough to see what the hell was going on.

My brother once spent 3 months in Mississippi. He gained 40 pounds.

One Man Gang
12-13-2023, 10:02 AM
He ain’t the only one that has happened too

weatherman85
12-13-2023, 10:59 AM
Speaking of Casey Roberts, word is he has a ride and will be back in 2024.

Barbecueboy
12-13-2023, 01:50 PM
I’ve heard similar chatter but chalked it up to wishful thinking…..Merry Christmas to us all if true, loved pulling in seeing that 101 in attendance.

jog49
12-14-2023, 12:02 AM
Quite the wheelman! Wish he would resume racing.