PDA

View Full Version : Golden Isles

Highside Hustler25
01-27-2024, 08:00 PM
Best post race photo shoot ever.

nomar523
01-27-2024, 08:06 PM
tler25;2478517]Best post race photo shoot ever.[/QUOTE]Thornton jacked up JD for no reason. He was pissed because JD slipped by when he was battling Mikey. Then a couple laps later he cut JD off in the corner. His moves sucked in my opinion. He thinks he is God now because of last year. Could be a rough year for him.

KTMLew
01-27-2024, 08:09 PM
Best post race photo shoot ever.

Elbows being thrown during & after the race. JD IMO is a bit of a whiner. Thornton ain't taking no crap from anyone when on the track. JD always manages to slide up and block everyone and thinks that's fine. Thornton let him know won't be having it.

Lot better race last 15 laps than I expected.

MIdlmfan
01-27-2024, 08:23 PM
Elbows being thrown during & after the race. JD IMO is a bit of a whiner. Thornton ain't taking no crap from anyone when on the track. JD always manages to slide up and block everyone and thinks that's fine. Thornton let him know won't be having it.Lot better race last 15 laps than I expected.Thornton drove dirtier than a young bobby Pierce he was busy cutting Marlar off on a clean pass when JD slipped by he threw a lot of sketchy sliders last year and is off to the same start

Highside Hustler25
01-27-2024, 08:36 PM
JD's elbow shot to RTJ on the podium was a first for me. I thought Madden might have to play referee.

MIdlmfan
01-27-2024, 08:52 PM
JD's elbow shot to RTJ on the podium was a first for me. I thought Madden might have to play referee. I was surprised Madden wasn’t a little saltier in the interviews I think he actually had the car to beat stinks when a track latches up

larryh
01-27-2024, 09:25 PM
tler25;2478517]Best post race photo shoot ever.Thornton jacked up JD for no reason. He was pissed because JD slipped by when he was battling Mikey. Then a couple laps later he cut JD off in the corner. His moves sucked in my opinion. He thinks he is God now because of last year. Could be a rough year for him.[/QUOTE]Well said Golden!👍 🙌After the podium interview, I lost all respect for RTJ…I called JD taking them both because of their racing tactics and it happened…he is not God l, although I agree 💯 with you, he thinks he is. IMO, he just has an over inflated ego…lacking respect for the sport, the drivers and the fans! JD was well composed, as usual, and didn’t trash talk anyone. Only pointed out the obvious! Any true race fans who KNOW, understand, and have lived the sport, feel the same. Gonna be a great year for the fans I think!! 🏁😳😬🤬

reid boys
01-27-2024, 09:25 PM
That might the first time in history that madden is the happiest one on the podium.

ZERO25
01-27-2024, 10:18 PM
Who was RTJ talking to when he said eff them, when he climbed out of the car?

Not a good look for him. Makes him look like the Kyle Busch of dirt racing!

jr29
01-28-2024, 05:57 AM
Another race decided by a car slowing down on track to draw a caution. Not wrecking, not losing power.....slowing down and forcing a caution. Something has to be done about that. It's embarrassing.

grt74
01-28-2024, 08:39 AM
Another race decided by a car slowing down on track to draw a caution. Not wrecking, not losing power.....slowing down and forcing a caution. Something has to be done about that. It's embarrassing.

its not going to change unless they get punished for it, if their off 5 tenths, they want to make an adjustment to see which way to go for the next night, everyone is just so close anymore, racing has been pretty good but tempers are going to get high because your going for inches instead of car lengths
just the way it is until someone finds an edge again

kidrock
01-28-2024, 08:50 AM
That's the best rubber racing I've seen in awhile lol. Guys taking notes and putting them in the memory bank for future use.

blncfn57
01-28-2024, 09:04 AM
Thornton drove dirtier than a young bobby Pierce he was busy cutting Marlar off on a clean pass when JD slipped by he threw a lot of sketchy sliders last year and is off to the same start

Way to take over injecting a guy into something he had no part of. We finally got rid of one guy doing it and now you show how much gray matter is between your ears.

zyoung25
01-28-2024, 09:05 AM
https://www.facebook.com/share/p/U4SDVrr3TVfy1wpg/?mibextid=xfxF2i

zach51
01-28-2024, 09:42 AM
RTJ is definitely starting to lose his likeability quickly.

They (RTJ, JD, and Madden) all didn't have great things to say about the calls Lucas was making (or not making) either. Lucas is going to have to tighten up on their favoritism a bit, get some glasses, start making tough judgement calls, something. Not off to a great start. East Bay should be exciting!

kidrock
01-28-2024, 09:51 AM
RTJ is definitely starting to lose his likeability quickly.

They (RTJ, JD, and Madden) all didn't have great things to say about the calls Lucas was making (or not making) either. Lucas is going to have to tighten up on their favoritism a bit, get some glasses, start making tough judgement calls, something. Not off to a great start. East Bay should be exciting!

I'm curious as to what calls Lucas should have made and to whom those calls should have been directed to?

Rajflyboy
01-28-2024, 10:29 AM
RTJ is enjoying his 5 minutes of fame

84wedge
01-28-2024, 11:36 AM
I remember a certain driver wrecking quite a few cars while piloting a number 6 in 2015/2016. Rules for thee but not for me eh JD?

Raceready
01-28-2024, 11:42 AM
I remember a certain driver wrecking quite a few cars while piloting a number 6 in 2015/2016. Rules for thee but not for me eh JD?Now that is a point well taken.

jr29
01-28-2024, 12:11 PM
its not going to change unless they get punished for it, if their off 5 tenths, they want to make an adjustment to see which way to go for the next night, everyone is just so close anymore, racing has been pretty good but tempers are going to get high because your going for inches instead of car lengths
just the way it is until someone finds an edge again

That's my point. They need to be punished.
I don't think folks should pay to watch a test and tune when a race has been advertised.

Jking24
01-28-2024, 12:31 PM
Another race decided by a car slowing down on track to draw a caution. Not wrecking, not losing power.....slowing down and forcing a caution. Something has to be done about that. It's embarrassing.He had a flat tire it's not like he just slowed down because he didn't like how he was running

84wedge
01-28-2024, 12:35 PM
There was mention of an altercation in the pits involving.....I'll give you one guess

dirtcrazy4u
01-28-2024, 02:18 PM
East bay will definitely be interesting. Guys were not giving an inch Saturday. I'm an owner, I get a vinyl of rocking sockim robots and boldly display were it can be see,.

jr29
01-28-2024, 02:24 PM
He had a flat tire it's not like he just slowed down because he didn't like how he was running

It may have been going flat. It was not flat though. It certainly appeared to have enough air to work to the bottom and into the infield without drawing a caution.
And guys do slow down just because they aren’t running well and want to change something. I’m not sure if that was the case here or not.
Everyone does it. It’s not just Mccreadie. It’s something the series, the drivers, etc need to fix IMO. They have raceceivers to communicate. Let the other drivers know a car has trouble and give the car an opportunity to work off the racetrack.
The sport has a lot of eyes on it right now and this kind of stuff looks very amateur.

Minny Lakes
01-28-2024, 05:03 PM
McCreadie seems to be a regular for bringing out a caution to make a change. Didn't he bring out the caution at Volusia that ended the 6 car battle for the lead with about 7 to go? With last night, he's already robbed us of 2 potentially good finishes because he had to make an adjustment that accomplishes nothing.

chopter33
01-28-2024, 05:56 PM
jd was overheard saying these kids just dont get it. if im on the bottom that means im running the top. if im on the top that means im running the bottom. simple to figure out.

fryefan
01-28-2024, 07:55 PM
That might the first time in history that madden is the happiest one on the podium.

That was nice to see, but the odds on that happening would have been sky high.

fryefan
01-28-2024, 07:56 PM

Amen!! It took a win away from Chris Madden.

nuff said
01-28-2024, 08:13 PM
If I was RTJ I would be more concerned about ruffling the 157's feathers than JD's. Marlar is low key for the most part but is as old school as it gets and racers have long memories.

ZERO25
01-28-2024, 08:52 PM
If I was RTJ I would be more concerned about ruffling the 157's feathers than JD's. Marlar is low key for the most part but is as old school as it gets and racers have long memories.

Yep, not sure why he was mad at Marlar. Video looked like Marlar barely touched him yet he run Marlar up to the wall!

Has Thornton de-throned Pierce, as the king of bad sliders?

wfodirt66
01-28-2024, 09:58 PM
Yep, not sure why he was mad at Marlar. Video looked like Marlar barely touched him yet he run Marlar up to the wall!Has Thornton de-throned Pierce, as the king of bad sliders?thorton cant stand finishing 2nd, which is cool, but dont take someone out to win, thats always been his style in mod and lm

jog49
01-28-2024, 11:37 PM
I don't remember seeing anyone "taken out".

pierceFAN
01-29-2024, 06:42 AM
I don't remember seeing anyone "taken out".

this is the 4m...everything is exaggerated..."taken out" in real life means he probably did a bump and run or something lol

chopter33
01-29-2024, 09:41 AM
thorton cant stand finishing 2nd, which is cool, but dont take someone out to win, thats always been his style in mod and lmbs. you are making crap up. i never seen anyone complain about him in mods for being rough.

TS FAN
01-29-2024, 10:37 AM
Madden had some real tough luck. As far as the rest of the show, I was entertained and nothing wrong with a little controversy. Right? Spices things up.

jog49
01-29-2024, 12:30 PM
Is there any driver there, in attendance, that when it's time to go, won't tell you to get the hell out of the way? I like Davenport but it was time to go and he was holding up Thornton . . . and Thornton is not a dirty driver, as they are called.

Jking24
01-29-2024, 01:30 PM
I don't disagree with most of what your saying but if the guy felt his tire going down he had ever right to bring out the caution. He's not going to just turn off the racetrack and throw the whole night away and he doesn't need to try to work his way down and chance blowing out the deck. He's racing for a championship just like the 2 up front. So what if he's off to a slow start every lap matters when your points racing. I 100% agree with the guys that just pull up lame and then pit but if they have a flat or a tire going down they have every right to bring the yellow out

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-29-2024, 01:41 PM
I don't disagree with most of what your saying but if the guy felt his tire going down he had ever right to bring out the caution. He's not going to just turn off the racetrack and throw the whole night away and he doesn't need to try to work his way down and chance blowing out the deck. He's racing for a championship just like the 2 up front. So what if he's off to a slow start every lap matters when your points racing. I 100% agree with the guys that just pull up lame and then pit but if they have a flat or a tire going down they have every right to bring the yellow out

Well said thank you. I'm not agreeing because I'm a McCreadie fan either. That goes for any driver like you said.

plunks7
01-29-2024, 04:24 PM
Amen!! It took a win away from Chris Madden.

I don't EVER want to see Madden win!!! Thee biggest cry baby in DIRT racing ever!!!

Raceready
01-29-2024, 04:45 PM
I don't EVER want to see Madden win!!! Thee biggest cry baby in DIRT racing ever!!!Worse than Clanton ? Ain't no way !

plunks7
01-29-2024, 05:09 PM
Worse than Clanton ? Ain't no way !

Good point!!!

Rajflyboy
01-29-2024, 05:13 PM
RTJ is a boring. He just doesn’t do anything for me to make me watch.

84wedge
01-29-2024, 05:48 PM
^What if he showed more leg?

jog49
01-29-2024, 11:20 PM
I don't EVER want to see Madden win!!! Thee biggest cry baby in DIRT racing ever!!!

LOL! Wish you hadn't said that. Madden won't be able to sleep at night knowing it affects you so badly!

Scott1fan
01-30-2024, 12:09 PM
Why does everyone say that about Madden? Honest question. He seems like a good guy to me, sure I have seen him complain before, but they have all been crybabies at one time or another.

Barbecueboy
01-30-2024, 12:41 PM
My guess would be that they have never spent any time around him and actually talked to him when he isn’t racing or getting ready for a race…..just a guess.

Rajflyboy
01-30-2024, 01:50 PM
Madden is a good dude and Family man

Mod Runner
01-30-2024, 02:04 PM
I have raced with RTJ in IMCA mods for years and have always known him to be a clean respectful racer. As a racer , I would not blame RTJ for standing up for himself.

Rajflyboy
01-30-2024, 03:11 PM
I have raced with RTJ in IMCA mods for years and have always known him to be a clean respectful racer. As a racer , I would not blame RTJ for standing up for himself.That still doesn’t get me to tune in. It doesn’t make me care. He needs more of an identity.

Raceready
01-30-2024, 04:29 PM
^ ^ Don't the FACT that he hands down won the Lucas Oil Championship mean anything to you ? ^^

klemmabyna
01-30-2024, 04:42 PM
That's too bad Rajflyboy. I am sure he is enthralled with all your insightful and informative posts. keep up the good work!

Rajflyboy
01-30-2024, 05:57 PM
When I watch entertainment it must be exciting.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-30-2024, 09:36 PM
When I watch entertainment it must be exciting.

Kinda like your posts when we read them

dirtcrazy4u
01-31-2024, 04:29 AM
3 yrs and he has over 5000, excitement must run in the family

pierceFAN
01-31-2024, 06:21 AM
there is a difference between dirty and racin....people get them confused...remember...rubbin is racin....at the wws bobby and jd were coming down the front stretch and kinda were bouncing off one another and people posted that bobby "door slammed him" which was comical...now rtj gets into davenport a little...same thing..."rtj took out jd"....i remember the late models from the 70's and 80's....every panel...every door...was dinged up and hammered back out because back then....rubbin was still racin!

Raceready
01-31-2024, 12:47 PM
This is an absolute correct statement!If you say it , I believe it, and that is good enough for me ! !

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
01-31-2024, 04:13 PM
Back then some driver's were three sheets to the wind all the time and things were a lot cheaper. Today you have to have more respect for one another in order to keep running down the road, which bobby never has shown...

Bobby gets into your head.

Raceready
01-31-2024, 09:23 PM
Yup, rent free... Dah ha ha ha!Just like old Rodney Dangerfield; That Pierce young'n don't get no respect ? ?

Raceready
02-09-2024, 03:39 PM
You truly "wonder why". I see this now...I just can't seem to comprehend " why " ? ? ?

Buford.Justice
02-09-2024, 07:45 PM
^ ^ Don't the FACT that he hands down won the Lucas Oil Championship mean anything to you ? ^^

Nope, he's yawning again!! :)