PDA

View Full Version : why is tanner english in the 99t?

ftfiowa
02-15-2024, 08:32 PM
what happened to the 96 car?

TBSprintFan
02-16-2024, 12:14 AM
what happened to the 96 car?

The 96 car pulled off of the WoO Tour and will be following the Hunt the Front Tour.

Karl Childers
02-16-2024, 11:51 AM
Here's my opinion about Tanner English.
If you put him in a top ten late model. I believe he would run in the top 5 every week.
This young man is a great driver. The proof is ... Look at what he does with what he has.

Highside Hustler25
02-16-2024, 12:13 PM
I like Tanner. Good clean racer with a good head on his shoulders. I do believe his only downside is if a track gets top dominant, he's done. He just won't get off the bottom sometimes when it goes away and the top is the fastest way around. He is extremely good on the hub but you have to be good at both.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-16-2024, 12:30 PM
Here's my opinion about Tanner English.
If you put him in a top ten late model. I believe he would run in the top 5 every week.
This young man is a great driver. The proof is ... Look at what he does with what he has.

That's everyone in these cars. Remember Davenport in the Barry Wright house car? You are only as good as your car. The cars are too stuck to the ground fora lot of finesse to come into play.

TS FAN
02-16-2024, 04:07 PM
Your car does have to handle and be good, but the driver makes a lot of difference too. you give a bad car to any driver, and he will struggle. You give a good car to many drivers and it is going to perform anywhere from so-so to great. There in lies the differences.

Karl Childers
02-16-2024, 04:09 PM
you are so right... i agree

Karl Childers
02-16-2024, 04:12 PM
I was agreeing with Highside .. Tanner has a hard time getting out of the corners when he goes high

Henry Every
02-16-2024, 04:13 PM
That's everyone in these cars. Remember Davenport in the Barry Wright house car? You are only as good as your car. The cars are too stuck to the ground fora lot of finesse to come into play. The Barry Wright ICON had a motor deficiency as proven by Ross Bailes and Chris Madden who followed Davenport, both with big success, but better engine programs and sponsors. Where as Davenports sponsor pulled out pre-season and they were left with crap.

Raceready
02-16-2024, 06:47 PM
I was agreeing with Highside .. Tanner has a hard time getting out of the corners when he goes highI agree with your agreement ! !

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-16-2024, 08:03 PM
The Barry Wright ICON had a motor deficiency as proven by Ross Bailes and Chris Madden who followed Davenport, both with big success, but better engine programs and sponsors. Where as Davenports sponsor pulled out pre-season and they were left with crap.

That was part of it. I heard there were some other issues as well. Point is, the car was terrible, for whatever reasons and Davenport could not make up for it.

MasterSbilt_Racer
02-16-2024, 08:05 PM
Your car does have to handle and be good, but the driver makes a lot of difference too. you give a bad car to any driver, and he will struggle. You give a good car to many drivers and it is going to perform anywhere from so-so to great. There in lies the differences.

It matters much less than it used to. We've basically taken non wing sprints and made them winged sprints.

Escobar
02-19-2024, 07:12 AM
I'm surprised he's lasted this long with Shawn Martin. Every two seasons there's a new driver in the car.

t4g2
02-19-2024, 10:26 AM
But ìs he still with them? As with viper it was 96v an tanner has been running 99t

noitall93w
02-19-2024, 11:35 AM
He ran it once. He is buddy’s with that guy