PDA

View Full Version : Great job Bobby !

Raceready
02-17-2024, 02:04 PM
Young Bobby Pierce left the state of Florida as The 2024 Big Gator Champion ! ! Get er done son ! !

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
02-17-2024, 02:44 PM
Young Bobby Pierce left the state of Florida as The 2024 Big Gator Champion ! ! Get er done son ! !

Have you informed PHIL

Raceready
02-17-2024, 02:53 PM
Have you informed PHILI hope that he soon reveals himself to us soon because I'm sure he would be delighted with this good news ? ?

Billy_the_kid
02-17-2024, 04:09 PM
They haven't missed a beat since last year. Pierce looks more confident and has more patience. He knows he's got a good car. He will have another stellar year.

Rajflyboy
02-17-2024, 07:05 PM
Bobby ain’t no local driver this year. 😁

Raceready
03-01-2024, 05:08 PM
^ ^ That must have been why Dirt on Dirt has him ranked as the # 1 driver in the nation now ! ^ ^

Top Row Analyst
03-02-2024, 10:01 AM
Can he win the Prairie Dirt Classic this year? We'll find out in 147 days. We still have the Lucas Oil race ($30k to win) in May, Summernationals ($10k) in June, the Craven Memorial Special ($5k) two weeks before the PDC, and the Castrol Flo Racing Night in America race ($20k) on the Wednesday night before the PDC to sort out who the other favorites are.

dirtcrazy4u
03-02-2024, 03:37 PM
Ole bloomie will put him in his place.

Raceready
03-07-2024, 03:44 PM
It just ain't right me living here in your head for free you know it? HahahahahahaHad you considered charging they an occupation fee ? ?

pierceFAN
03-09-2024, 10:49 PM
Chalk up another win

Highside Hustler25
03-10-2024, 11:04 AM
Like flushing a turd down the toilet.

Raceready
03-10-2024, 11:50 AM
Chalk up another winAs old " IRONHEAD " Earnhardt once said " The cream always rises to the top ! !

zyoung25
03-11-2024, 06:07 AM
As old " IRONHEAD " Earnhardt once said " The cream always rises to the top ! !

I thought that was macho man?

Raceready
03-11-2024, 12:50 PM
I thought that was macho man?He borrowed it from Dale !

JMDraceHD98
03-12-2024, 12:31 PM
The gator will be going back. Pierce was juicing them tires!!!

Raceready
03-12-2024, 12:40 PM
The gator will be going back. Pierce was juicing them tires!!!Like that cheat'n TP guy ? ?

pierceFAN
03-12-2024, 01:11 PM
I dont believe pierce...bronson...or moran doped their tires...everyone has a right to their own opinion but n
knowing the pierce family as long as I have there is no way they doped tires....PERIOD

blncfn57
03-12-2024, 01:16 PM
I dont believe pierce...bronson...or moran doped their tires...everyone has a right to their own opinion but n
knowing the pierce family as long as I have there is no way they doped tires....PERIOD

Were they accused of doing so by a legitimate person?

IL LM Fan
03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
https://worldofoutlaws.com/latemodels/penalty-report-bobby-pierce-suspended-fined-for-failing-tire-test/?fbclid=IwAR0CgtFIchssscwa_9kX4VWxJU1YDlJ7krelJzS8 bhSXy8CF-l9D0hZ3huU

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-12-2024, 01:43 PM

They were found guilty by the chemical analysis.

blncfn57
03-12-2024, 02:19 PM
They were found guilty by the chemical analysis.

(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)! I wonder if there are more announcements coming.

dirtluver
03-12-2024, 03:17 PM
You can get Chemical from the tracks water truck. Or from a motor blown from another racecar. So many defferent ways of getting chemicals that will not let you pass a tire test. I believe there is a lot more going on here then we know. If this stands i will NOT SUPPORT a Lucas race again. These are the hardest working drivers in racing getting a bad name. Not good for our sport for sure. Any buddy could get a chemical on anyone's tires if they wanted or did.

GEAR_HEAD
03-12-2024, 04:02 PM
You can get Chemical from the tracks water truck. Or from a motor blown from another racecar. So many defferent ways of getting chemicals that will not let you pass a tire test. I believe there is a lot more going on here then we know. If this stands i will NOT SUPPORT a Lucas race again. These are the hardest working drivers in racing getting a bad name. Not good for our sport for sure. Any buddy could get a chemical on anyone's tires if they wanted or did.

WoO suspends drivers so you boycott Lucas. Sadly that sounds exactly like typical 4m logic.

Buford.Justice
03-12-2024, 07:00 PM
The track and WOO have rules and simply followed them. If you allow illegal tires to pass then it is not fair to those that were legal.

It's so hard to gain an advantage and tire tampering has been going on forever now.

Does a driver know this happens? My guess is yes, most of the time. In some cases they may not.

blncfn57
03-12-2024, 07:37 PM
The track and WOO have rules and simply followed them. If you allow illegal tires to pass then it is not fair to those that were legal.

It's so hard to gain an advantage and tire tampering has been going on forever now.

Does a driver know this happens? My guess is yes, most of the time. In some cases they may not.

So a guy whoops everyone last year and apparently passed all tire tests in the process, but this year thinks "gee, I should dope my tires to be able to compete" come on!

kidrock
03-12-2024, 08:17 PM
So a guy whoops everyone last year and apparently passed all tire tests in the process, but this year thinks "gee, I should dope my tires to be able to compete" come on!

And folks this is what common sense looks like.

dirtcrazy4u
03-12-2024, 08:33 PM

Yea I have to agree, I smell a rat.

Barbecueboy
03-13-2024, 06:49 AM
Tire rule, lol……

fastford
03-13-2024, 10:44 AM

I said the same thing about my man jimmy o a few years back , Oh well , it is what it is ......

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-13-2024, 12:34 PM

It's more likely it was occurring and the test finally caught up.

blncfn57
03-13-2024, 01:23 PM
It's more likely it was occurring and the test finally caught up.

Does WRG do random testing of tires straight from hoosier? Point being, using 1 tire from "lot A" to set a benchmark for all others doesn't really sound like good science to me. Seems they are holding the drivers to a standard that the manufacturer may not even be held to. Not making excuses, I just don't believe this is the exact science many people believe it is. One Series & one lab doing all the DQing looks suspect to me. Do these guys only cheat in WRG and not Lucas? lol

jog49
03-13-2024, 02:11 PM
So you can't soak them tars in the WoO?

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-13-2024, 02:51 PM
Does WRG do random testing of tires straight from hoosier? Point being, using 1 tire from "lot A" to set a benchmark for all others doesn't really sound like good science to me. Seems they are holding the drivers to a standard that the manufacturer may not even be held to. Not making excuses, I just don't believe this is the exact science many people believe it is. One Series & one lab doing all the DQing looks suspect to me. Do these guys only cheat in WRG and not Lucas? lol

I was shown some stuff a while back that leads me to believe the testing is much better than I originally thought. I don't know all the thresholds for pass/fail, but in the case of the failure I was shown, it was a no brainer that chemicals were added to the tire. Mass spectrometry shows everything that is gasing off. Something with a little different amount of a compound would be one thing. When you have a bunch of a compound that does not belong in the tires, that a whole new ballgame.

No one ever shares their results when they fail. It would tell a lot. They just keep the data in the shadows and say they were screwed.

It would be possible have your own tests conducted from the tire in question and have the same type of test done to determine the exact foreign matter. No one ever does this and talks about the results. It's science. It isn't magic.

Highside Hustler25
03-13-2024, 04:04 PM
I said the same thing about my man jimmy o a few years back , Oh well , it is what it is ......

I thought the same thing with Feger years ago. And his was the right front tire. I know you lean on the right front but would expect it to be the right rear if cheated up. Who knows.

dflow20
03-13-2024, 04:31 PM
It would be interesting to know if the serial numbers on the tires of the three that tested positive, were close in production run order. Possibly an aberration from the benchmark at the beginning or end of a run. I certainly don't know the blending process for the rubber compound, but could be variations of sorts. Good thought above about whether or not Hoosier tests several tires per batch vs the benchmark before releasing the run for sale.

No way we will ever know if it was deliberate or accidental or whatever. People are going to have their own opinions of that.

Myself, I fall with it doesn't make much sense for someone who last year won 34 times and was tested many more for podium finishes, would decide "Hey, we need to cheat up some tires."

Who knows?

King1
03-13-2024, 08:10 PM
There’s some tire dope out there that gives the car infinite grip and doesn’t “soften” the tire.
If you applied it on the rear tires and not the fronts, it would throw off the balance of the car and absolutely wouldn’t turn.

If you didn’t plastic wrap your tires it would stink up your trailer. Hence the reason everyone shrink wraps tires.

For $200 you can be like Bobby, Kyle, Devin, and the rest of the field.

kidrock
03-13-2024, 08:18 PM
King1, I was just talking to a guy about that very thing. More than one reason to wrap your tires.

King1
03-13-2024, 08:35 PM
Naive people think that it somehow protects the tire. The people in the know wrap their tires to keep the tire prep on the tire and keep it from bleeding out and keep it from stinking up the trailer.

First time I used it, we opened the trailer door and the smell would knock you down, it smelled like a burnt up electric motor. After that, when we did use it, we wrapped our tires.

Sent a guy to the dollar store to buy dryer sheets then put dryer sheets on the back of the drum fan in the trailer. The trailer smelled like linen after that.

kidrock
03-13-2024, 09:30 PM
Naive people think that it somehow protects the tire. The people in the know wrap their tires to keep the tire prep on the tire and keep it from bleeding out and keep it from stinking up the trailer.

First time I used it, we opened the trailer door and the smell would knock you down, it smelled like a burnt up electric motor. After that, when we did use it, we wrapped our tires.

Sent a guy to the dollar store to buy dryer sheets then put dryer sheets on the back of the drum fan in the trailer. The trailer smelled like linen after that.

Did it make a big difference when you did use it or was it one of those because others were doing it

King1
03-13-2024, 09:40 PM
I used it because a competitor rolled out one night and went .750 faster than I did in qual and was untouchable in the race until his tires died and spun out of the lead. Mind you we were are 1600’s on the back and open on the front. I suspected something because 1600’s don’t give up in a 25 lap race, even if you cut them aggressively.

Found out he was getting some from kinzer and an open wheel guy hooked me up with a guy in Newport TN. Sold me a gallon of clear (smelled like acetone) and a gallon of grip (dark green, very opaque, and smelled like a burnt electric motor)

Instructions were to apply a coat of clear each day until race day and then apply 2 coats of grip on the back tires on a 1 coat on the front.

The car felt like it had 1200’s on, didn’t soften so it passed durometer test, and NEVER showed signs of going away in the race. It was nuts.

Competitor and myself eventually had a conversation behind closed doors, we agreed to stop doping tires after a few weeks of it and qual times and race laps went back to normal.

kidrock
03-13-2024, 10:01 PM
Interesting that it passed the durometer but, yet felt like a softer tire with the grip level. Tire doping was really big in the karting world and has evolved over time. One product the kart world used was Kreosote. Sounds like a lot of work to keep up with it and oh yeah don't forget to wrap because you don't want the tire to get dirty lol...............................

dflow20
03-14-2024, 05:54 AM
So.... If wrapped tires are cheated up, then why aren't more getting busted? Does the compound wear off during racing and just go away? If it is that prevalent, wouldn't there be more infractions? Not doubting necessarily, but would like to understand how so few get detected. Also, would the odor when removing the wrap from the tires still be very pronounced? Is this done before cutting tires or after? Again, if before, then odor would be rather prominent while cutting or grinding, you would assume. Curious.

over4T
03-14-2024, 11:06 AM
Interesting that it passed the durometer but, yet felt like a softer tire with the grip level. Tire doping was really big in the karting world and has evolved over time. One product the kart world used was Kreosote. Sounds like a lot of work to keep up with it and oh yeah don't forget to wrap because you don't want the tire to get dirty lol...............................
Stuff like Kreosote is a good reason to strongly rule against doping tires. I had a lot of experience with that in my construction business as it was much used on lumber that was in contact with water. In our case in the building pf piers in the Pacific Ocean. It's very nasty stuff and very uncomfortable when it comes in contact with your skin and does a lot of damage to your respiratory system that might not show up for years, much like all of the old asbestos
insulation and siding that was used for years, including by our military, up until the early '70s. It's just not worth using it.

kidrock
03-14-2024, 12:20 PM
Stuff like Kreosote is a good reason to strongly rule against doping tires. I had a lot of experience with that in my construction business as it was much used on lumber that was in contact with water. In our case in the building pf piers in the Pacific Ocean. It's very nasty stuff and very uncomfortable when it comes in contact with your skin and does a lot of damage to your respiratory system that might not show up for years, much like all of the old asbestos
insulation and siding that was used for years, including by our military, up until the early '70s. It's just not worth using it.

Yes it can be very dangerous if not handled correctly and with safety in mind but, it didn't stop them. I agree that no one should be using this stuff for soaking tires. I think it's outlawed but, you would know more that I since you've had experience with it.

King1
03-14-2024, 07:11 PM
So.... If wrapped tires are cheated up, then why aren't more getting busted? Does the compound wear off during racing and just go away? If it is that prevalent, wouldn't there be more infractions? Not doubting necessarily, but would like to understand how so few get detected. Also, would the odor when removing the wrap from the tires still be very pronounced? Is this done before cutting tires or after? Again, if before, then odor would be rather prominent while cutting or grinding, you would assume. Curious.

I’m not convinced that there’s a ton of testing going at a local level or regional level. If there is, people avoid them. Remember when Owen’s and bunch got busted after running some NDRL races? NDRL didn’t last much longer. They just boycott and never go back to run with that sanctioning body.

When you bolt the tires on and remove the plastic, you can’t smell it unless youre right up on it. Most people think it’s a scent of the fuel or just the tire in general. In the trailer, it gets hot and that stuff just fill the trailer with vapors.

When you treat them, you open up the pores of the tire so that it soaks in the treatment, some teams have a rotisserie and pour in thru the valve stem and let the tire soak it up from the inside. If you do it right, it lasts as long as the tire has tread. If you do it wrong, it’ll last until you burn the treated “layer” off

When I used it, the application was the last thing the tire got. Mounting, grooving, siping, and buffing were done before hand. With that said, buffing in between races would give off a smell. Loafers and visitors didn’t stay long when you buffed next to a loud generator and in between the truck and the trailer.

One guy did walk up and insinuate that he smelled something weird. I said “dude that old buffer is about to take a dump”

King1
03-14-2024, 07:20 PM
I’m also one that sees the worst in everything. So I think dirt late model Illuminati only tests to bust the regional that beats the pros and tests the pros once a year to say that they tested and busted someone. I think they said “ok fellas, we’re gonna bust you for tire doping, then you’re gonna win in a few weeks and you’re gonna pass a test”

Just so they can portray an image that their guys don’t need tire dope to go fast and to keep the locals motivated to show up because neither series can pull a full field of full time drivers. Because……..it’s not fun to watch 10 cars race, even if it’s just the pros in the traveling circus.