PDA

View Full Version : Ben Shelton????

d-glenn
02-25-2024, 08:11 AM
Have I missed something, where was Ben last night? The other guy did good, just not the same without him...

gorj
02-25-2024, 08:21 AM
Good morning “D” I didn’t see him at the track yesterday either.

dirty-white-boy
02-25-2024, 08:49 AM
You gotta love how they put the sprint car pit reporter in the infield for both classes and then proceeds to tell the world he knows nothing about late models about 100 times thru out the night.

How about put some effort into learning or just fake it?

BTExpress
02-25-2024, 09:19 AM
Relax, it was for only one night. A double header with High Limit. Tony LaPorta, the HL Pit reporter did fine. What information did you want from Ben that you did not get from Tony? Ben will be back soon enough. It is amazing how critical some of you have become. It was a ONE RACE experiment.

zyoung25
02-25-2024, 09:46 AM
Relax, it was for only one night. A double header with High Limit. Tony LaPorta, the HL Pit reporter did fine. What information did you want from Ben that you did not get from Tony? Ben will be back soon enough. It is amazing how critical some of you have become. It was a ONE RACE experiment.

Some people on this site just can't be pleased. I watch most of my races with the sound off. A mute button is easy to pretty easy to use. My kid is a very light sleeper.

Not a shot at you D-Glenn

Highside Hustler25
02-25-2024, 10:18 AM
First time hearing Tony. No complaints here. Easy on the ears. He did a good job in my opinion.

lurker
02-25-2024, 10:42 AM
Tony was the USAC announcer before Chet. Met him at Eldora, nice guy, very personable. He will be fine IMHO.

Dirt Clod
02-25-2024, 12:16 PM
Can any announcer make a select few on this board happy? Always seems to be complaints about announcers. If you wanna complain, apply for an announcing job and try it. Tony did a fine job for this double header. I agree lurker, he's a very personable and approachable guy.

Highside Hustler25
02-25-2024, 04:46 PM
Tony was the USAC announcer before Chet. Met him at Eldora, nice guy, very personable. He will be fine IMHO.

I'd like to hear him in the booth. Interviewing heat winners, he needs more airtime.

fryefan
02-25-2024, 06:42 PM
Can any announcer make a select few on this board happy? Always seems to be complaints about announcers. If you wanna complain, apply for an announcing job and try it. Tony did a fine job for this double header. I agree lurker, he's a very personable and approachable guy.

Sadly, there are a lot of people out there that bi+ch and moan about almost everything. I would hate to have to be around miserable like that on a daily basis.

Dirt Frog
02-25-2024, 06:58 PM
At least it wasn't Ruben !!!! lol

bleedblue55
02-26-2024, 04:12 AM
High Limit and Lucas only run together one more time at Atomic this fall. Calm down fellas

dirtcrazy4u
02-26-2024, 04:40 AM
I was glad the announcers where not screaming. Maybe others will take notice.

Jking24
02-26-2024, 09:31 AM
You gotta love how they put the sprint car pit reporter in the infield for both classes and then proceeds to tell the world he knows nothing about late models about 100 times thru out the night.How about put some effort into learning or just fake it?You clearly have selective hearing because while he did mention that many times he generally followed that up with the fact that he was trying to get up to speed as fast as possible witch was clearly evident by the fact that he already knew many of the drivers knick names and had clearly engaged in conversation with several of them prior to the event. One thing about announcers that die hard fans often tend to over look or not understand is an announcers job is to get all listeners as up-to-date as possible at any time during the event weather the listener just joined in or has been following along the entire time. Basically being repetitive is a key part of the job. I thought he did a great job and embraced the gig vs treating like a one and done with no personal investment

jog49
02-26-2024, 05:35 PM
Come on guys! Already in 2024, you had the opportunity to hear the WORST race announcer in the history of car racing if you saw and heard the race at Screven. Guest announcer was Bloomer (who should have gotten up and left with bleeding ears!). That SAS announcer is as bad as they could possibly come!

jog49
02-26-2024, 05:40 PM
"High Limit and Lucas only run together one more time at Atomic this fall. Calm down fellas"

My bet is that the LO announcers could do better at a duel event than could the HL announcers! Did miss Shelton as did many others.

over4T
02-26-2024, 07:35 PM
Thought Tony did a good job considering the Lucas cars aren't on the top of his viewing choices and he's a pleasant guy on the ears.

Don't know where Ben was and he's top notch with LM stuff. Maybe he stopped at an even worse Barber College than usual and was too embarrassed to show us his new do.

kidrock
02-26-2024, 09:36 PM
I thought Tony did a pretty good job especially not knowing to much about late models.

jog49
02-27-2024, 09:27 AM
" Maybe he stopped at an even worse Barber College than usual "

Is that possible? LOL!

JustAddDirt
02-27-2024, 09:40 AM
I thought he done a great job. but that is just my 2 pennies

84wedge
02-27-2024, 12:04 PM
Maybe he stopped at an even worse Barber College than usual and was too embarrassed to show us his new do.Post of the year

Highside Hustler25
02-27-2024, 02:59 PM
I want to see Kovac with hair extensions or Todd Turner with cornrows. Then you'll think Ben's is not as bad as it could be.

84wedge
02-27-2024, 03:15 PM
Essex with long a$$ grey dreads.

jog49
02-28-2024, 09:22 AM
Now you're getting into the horror movie stuff!

Barbecueboy
02-28-2024, 11:59 AM
I enjoy listening to Ben, the whole crew does great together………my wife calls it the Johnny Bravo cut, and it’s a term of endearment. Not a slam at all. She loves Ben on the call too.

kd1
02-28-2024, 02:08 PM
This thread sure did get off in the weeds quickly regarding Ben's hair ...

Rajflyboy
02-28-2024, 02:21 PM
Ben is pretty sexy but we can live one night without him.

Barbecueboy
02-28-2024, 02:28 PM
My bride says it’s the hair and the guns that give him the Johnny Bravo appearance…..she loves when he’s on the call.

MADCAPRACING22
03-09-2024, 04:16 AM
Ben Shelton is without a doubt the best pit reporter I have ever watched! When he is not there it shows. The guy that took his place for one night absolutely sucked. My opinion and don’t care if anybody “approves”. They can’t touch Howard The Duck!! That is a lighthearted nickname Ben! You kick ass!!!

Highside Hustler25
03-09-2024, 04:01 PM
The Johnny Bravo analogy is spot on BBQ.

ftfiowa
03-09-2024, 07:03 PM
bens #1 fan is ben. anytime his ego/id is not running wild hes just faking his humility. when he tries to light up his coworkers i cringe every time. i never need to hear him again. let his roids and his pictures of his house that he posts be enough. DJ is way better. Benny boy go back to memphis, pump iron, and leave us be plz!

Highside Hustler25
03-09-2024, 07:32 PM
bens #1 fan is ben. anytime his ego/id is not running wild hes just faking his humility. when he tries to light up his coworkers i cringe every time. i never need to hear him again. let his roids and his pictures of his house that he posts be enough. DJ is way better. Benny boy go back to memphis, pump iron, and leave us be plz!

I picture you as a scrawny bald man. Just a guess.
Rogaine and some barbells will help.

dirtcrazy4u
03-09-2024, 09:20 PM
I bet he would make a killing if he had his own tee shirt trailer. Bennie skull wigs, plastic head set with a real mic. Some xx and xxx tee's for all his fans. What else could his fans ask for ? O snap, I know. Wall posters. Hang one next to the bathroom mirror then get a spot light to hang one on your ceiling. When momma looks up she'll scream thinking it's Bennie. I get 30% Ben, get you on a few hoods with that headset and smile. WooHoo

Barbecueboy
03-10-2024, 09:33 AM
We can all like who and what we like but let’s face it…… Ben and the gang have turned up the volume on dirt racing coverage to 11 and we are all better off because of their efforts.

MasterSbilt_Racer
03-10-2024, 09:43 AM
I don't really care one way or another about the characters, but I haven't seen the benefits of the twisted volume knob. The dlm club is now more exclusive. I've never been the members only type.

lurker
03-10-2024, 11:44 AM
The dlm club is now more exclusive.

And that one of the things that turns me off about today’s DLM’s. I’ll take 80’s DLM racing and socializing at the track, pre internet, any day. Guess I’m showing my age.

I've never been the members only type.

Even when I was a traveling crew member, I wasn’t a members only type.

blncfn57
03-11-2024, 06:40 PM

I follow alot of racing related pages/ characters on social media and I have yet to the pictures you speak of (not complaining about it either). Makes me wonder what a guy is looking for when he stumbles upon them. ;)

WisWildManFan
03-12-2024, 07:17 AM
bens #1 fan is ben. anytime his ego/id is not running wild hes just faking his humility. when he tries to light up his coworkers i cringe every time. i never need to hear him again. let his roids and his pictures of his house that he posts be enough. DJ is way better. Benny boy go back to memphis, pump iron, and leave us be plz!Thinking Ben Shelton is on steroids might be the funniest thing I've ever read on here, he's like 150lbs soaking wet.

g_hughes
03-13-2024, 03:22 PM
bens #1 fan is ben. anytime his ego/id is not running wild hes just faking his humility. when he tries to light up his coworkers i cringe every time. i never need to hear him again. let his roids and his pictures of his house that he posts be enough. DJ is way better. Benny boy go back to memphis, pump iron, and leave us be plz!how would you know about his house unless you follow him on social media?I’ve heard Shelton likes to post about his RV and house and all that, but you can live a greater life of luxury when you don’t have kids.

th3Swami
03-15-2024, 01:51 AM
i dont think theres a worst broadcast team than the lucas oil broadcast. i dont know how you "grew up in the sport" and are that clueless at every race.