PDA

View Full Version : Hales Corner Speedway - Hales Corner, WI - 1989 WOO ALMA Late Models. Video

HoosierDirtFan
02-26-2024, 09:30 AM
Hales Corner Speedway
Hales Corner, WI

1989 season
World Of Outlaws American Late Model Association

Super Late Model feature Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj14p-A4GuM

Raceready
02-26-2024, 10:50 AM
That sure was a classic battle between " Chargin " Charley Swartz and "King" Billy Moyer.

over4T
02-26-2024, 08:01 PM
Thanks for that video Nathan. I was just a couple of years into the Late Models at that time and I loved those cars and the competition back then. Had aspirations of being another Moyer, Purvis or Freddy Smith. Never happened but I still look at my '85 car that sits behind my shop in it's sad burned up state from our CA fires a couple years ago and smile at the memories.

HoosierDirtFan
02-26-2024, 08:41 PM
Thanks for that video Nathan. I was just a couple of years into the Late Models at that time and I loved those cars and the competition back then. Had aspirations of being another Moyer, Purvis or Freddy Smith. Never happened but I still look at my '85 car that sits behind my shop in it's sad burned up state from our CA fires a couple years ago and smile at the memories.

For me the late 80's thru the early 90's (87-93) were the best-looking cars. Today's cars with the plastic front nose are ugly. I love the old sheet metal front nose with the metal bar hoop out of the front nose of the car. Put the driver back in the car and make them boys wheel it.