PDA

View Full Version : T Mac out of Paylor car, into Rocket

84wedge
03-15-2024, 04:35 PM
As per DoD who all but confirmed.

jog49
03-16-2024, 01:54 AM
Nothing wrong with the Paylor car except the driver. Now the problem has been removed and sent over to Rocket. If I was the Bradshers, I would take a hard look at Mike Marlar, if he was interested.

HoosierDirtFan
03-16-2024, 02:32 AM
Carson Ferguson is the new driver at Paylor Motorsports.

bleedblue55
03-16-2024, 04:22 AM
Nothing wrong with the Paylor car except the driver. Now the problem has been removed and sent over to Rocket. If I was the Bradshers, I would take a hard look at Mike Marlar, if he was interested.

Who would want a recent 2X Lucas champ driving their car. Longhorn pulling that factory support for their golden boy was a back stab to Paylor.

blncfn57
03-16-2024, 09:07 AM
Who would want a recent 2X Lucas champ driving their car. Longhorn pulling that factory support for their golden boy was a back stab to Paylor.

I'm not sure Longhorn pulled factory support. Maybe Tim didn't want to be the guinea pig any longer.

TS FAN
03-16-2024, 09:45 AM
So does he wind up in the Richards car/smile?

Escobar
03-16-2024, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure Longhorn pulled factory support. Maybe Tim didn't want to be the guinea pig any longer.

Sheppy and Riggs brought more money to the table too.

kidrock
03-16-2024, 12:57 PM
Crazy how this is all playing out. Sheppard leaves Rocket house car ends up in the Longhorn house car. T-Mac leaves Longhorn house car either by his own omission or by Longhorns choice but, ends up in Rocket house car.

Highside Hustler25
03-16-2024, 01:22 PM
I think it will be interesting as to how this works out. I don't see T-MAC as the rim rider he once was. Many races were won by Sheppard and Hudson up against the wall the past few years. Seems that's where the Rocket 1 shines sometimes. Timmy has even stated before, that's not his cup of tea. We'll see if he's capable of running that style of racing once again. He was good at it in his younger days. Maybe he's still capable. That car seems more fit for a young hard charger. Not someone who keeps the car straight and runs the middle to bottom. No dis on McCreadie. Just seems the Longhorn fits his style a lil better.

blncfn57
03-16-2024, 02:28 PM
I think it will be interesting as to how this works out. I don't see T-MAC as the rim rider he once was. Many races were won by Sheppard and Hudson up against the wall the past few years. Seems that's where the Rocket 1 shines sometimes. Timmy has even stated before, that's not his cup of tea. We'll see if he's capable of running that style of racing once again. He was good at it in his younger days. Maybe he's still capable. That car seems more fit for a young hard charger. Not someone who keeps the car straight and runs the middle to bottom. No dis on McCreadie. Just seems the Longhorn fits his style a lil better.

It will be interesting. Richards has made it clear in the past that the drivers are to drive the car, not worry about the car staying together (he says that's his job). Being told that would change any drivers mindset, you'd think.

Pennsboro32
03-16-2024, 03:53 PM

My thoughts as well.

TS FAN
03-16-2024, 04:02 PM
I agree with your thinking too. Highside

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
03-16-2024, 04:20 PM
T-MACS program had stalled for performance for a while whether it was lack of support from longhorn or something within team/team communication who knows. Paylor motorsports gave timmy good equipment. Timmy can still drive. Rocket has the car and resources and team members so this was an upgrade for Timmy. I'm no fan of rocket not that there junk just prefer longhorn. Can Timmy make the rocket go? Yes he can as he drove them for years under sweetners deal. Can he still make them go? We'll soon see. Going to be different for me adjusting to seeing him in rocket house car. Good luck to all involve!

84wedge
03-16-2024, 04:37 PM
It'll be interesting to see if the "instant a$$hole just add Rocket house car" applies to Tim. I doubt he'll be driving over people for position the way that car possesses other to.

Highside Hustler25
03-16-2024, 05:18 PM
So Huddy, Sheppard and Eckert are all ***holes?
Is their anyone you don't hate?

Pennsboro32
03-16-2024, 07:46 PM
So Huddy, Sheppard and Eckert are all ***holes?
Is their anyone you don't hate?

No, he’s miserable.

Mod Runner
03-17-2024, 12:41 AM
Maybe Mark Richards wanted a driver that had a lot of experience on all the tracks on the schedule.

MIdlmfan
03-17-2024, 01:07 AM
T-MACS program had stalled for performance for a while whether it was lack of support from longhorn or something within team/team communication who knows. Paylor motorsports gave timmy good equipment. Timmy can still drive. Rocket has the car and resources and team members so this was an upgrade for Timmy. I'm no fan of rocket not that there junk just prefer longhorn. Can Timmy make the rocket go? Yes he can as he drove them for years under sweetners deal. Can he still make them go? We'll soon see. Going to be different for me adjusting to seeing him in rocket house car. Good luck to all involve! Team hasn’t been the same since Phil left

84wedge
03-18-2024, 12:27 PM
Offical as of this afternoon.

84wedge
03-18-2024, 12:28 PM
So Huddy, Sheppard and Eckert are all ***holes?Is their anyone you don't hate?Hudson, Sheppard and Josh all drove over people for position.

Raceready
03-18-2024, 08:37 PM
Hudson, Sheppard and Josh all drove over people for position.And they all left the team like a phart in a wind storm ! Why does so many want out of that deal ?

jog49
03-20-2024, 02:01 AM
And they all left the team like a phart in a wind storm ! Why does so many want out of that deal ?

Good question.

Barbecueboy
03-20-2024, 06:00 AM
Not enough air in the room would be my guess……🤘

Mantis
03-20-2024, 07:01 AM
It's a business.....besides race winnings/points payout what is another main source of income??

Some people don't appreciate an outside source controlling their decisions when it comes to money or their own personal marketing.

4wide
03-20-2024, 07:19 AM
After talking with Overton at TST and listening to Terbos interview with bubba love sponge I am convinced that Overton was offered rocket 1 ride and turned it down.

84wedge
03-20-2024, 11:41 AM
Overton mentioned earlier in the year that he doesn't think he's cut out for full time touring.

wolter11racing
03-20-2024, 12:34 PM
Overton probably has one of the best deals in DLM racing, why would he even think about leaving that deal?

Pennsboro32
03-21-2024, 08:24 AM
Also, If I remember correctly, Brandon and his woman just built a new house in Georgia. I’m not sure what she does as an occupation but sometimes it’s more complicated than just he turned down the offer.

Barbecueboy
03-21-2024, 09:00 AM
It’s probably better for Marks ego that Brandon didn’t go there…….imo.

ZERO25
03-21-2024, 07:01 PM
You gotta remember, those are young guns who havent sewed their oats yet!

Mark was probly ready for a mature driver without the sideshow!

I think him and Tmac will last a few years!

jog49
03-23-2024, 02:19 AM
Nothing against T-Mac but I'd bet Rocket 1's winning percentage will drop noticeably. Those young guns do tend to drive the tires off the rims, so to speak.

Raceready
03-23-2024, 09:38 PM
Nothing against T-Mac but I'd bet Rocket 1's winning percentage will drop noticeably. Those young guns do tend to drive the tires off the rims, so to speak.I would say that this is a very good prediction given that T-Mac didn't even crack the top 10 at Brownstown while young Hudson O'Neal finish right up there among them in his first night out in his new ride.

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2024, 10:10 PM
It's weird seeing TMac in that Blue #1. Even James slipped up once and referred to the 39.
This one's gonna take some time to get used to.

bleedblue55
03-24-2024, 05:19 AM
I would say that this is a very good prediction given that T-Mac didn't even crack the top 10 at Brownstown while young Hudson O'Neal finish right up there among them in his first night out in his new ride.

I think Albertson lost the most spots followed closely by T Mac and Shepp

Barbecueboy
03-24-2024, 07:52 AM
The 111 was rolling last night…….he was about the only “mountain mamma” I saw that could keep up with the stampede……really good race.

bleedblue55
03-25-2024, 08:23 AM
Blair has been horned since the start of last year

Barbecueboy
03-25-2024, 11:39 AM
Blair has been horned since the start of last year

Yikes….didn’t even realize that. So much for that one I guess.

MIdlmfan
03-25-2024, 07:07 PM
Nothing against T-Mac but I'd bet Rocket 1's winning percentage will drop noticeably. Those young guns do tend to drive the tires off the rims, so to speak. We shall see, he is already qualifying better, won a heat his first night and finished 1 spot behind Bobby and ahead of RTJ his second night. It is not like the Longhorn house car is setting the world on fire. 25 races, 2 wins and 9 top 5's. That is way below the personal bar BShep has established form himself in his past years.

Dlmfan123
03-25-2024, 11:40 PM
Blair has been horned since the start of last yearStart of this year. Was in a rocket last year

84wedge
03-26-2024, 12:29 PM
Nothing against T-Mac but I'd bet Rocket 1's winning percentage will drop noticeably. Those young guns do tend to drive the tires off the rims, so to speak.This is the only time you'll ever see someone lift in that car.

MIdlmfan
03-26-2024, 08:25 PM
This is the only time you'll ever see someone lift in that car. based on his results the kid in the Longhorn house car has been lifting a lot too

Pennsboro32
03-27-2024, 12:24 PM
You gotta excuse wedgie, he’s just a grumpy old man that hates anything rocket. His favorite driver could start to drive one and he’d hate them.

bleedblue55
03-27-2024, 03:34 PM
Start of this year. Was in a rocket last year

Yep, got a horn off RTJ at end of 23, thought he changed after the failed Boom experiment.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-10-2024, 10:17 PM
If the rocket house car keeps running like it is there will be a new driver soon. I'm not a rocket fan but this rocket program is to good to be running and finishing like it is.

blncfn57
05-11-2024, 08:42 AM
If the rocket house car keeps running like it is there will be a new driver soon. I'm not a rocket fan but this rocket program is to good to be running and finishing like it is.

On the same note, I have a feeling there's more changes coming for the Longhorn 'house car' driver. They were quick to dump a very experienced crew chief so that tells me Riggs isn't afraid to shake things up.

MIdlmfan
05-11-2024, 11:52 AM
If the rocket house car keeps running like it is there will be a new driver soon. I'm not a rocket fan but this rocket program is to good to be running and finishing like it is.It is not like the B5 is doing any better but nobody would suggest replacing him

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-11-2024, 12:27 PM
It is not like the B5 is doing any better but nobody would suggest replacing him

Yea I see that to. Your prolly right

foxfire2dirtracing
05-11-2024, 02:50 PM
You have to remember that the Rocket2 team is the only house car team that is owned by the Chasis Company. A little different from the past. ( several years ago)

MIdlmfan
05-11-2024, 05:56 PM
You have to remember that the Rocket2 team is the only house car team that is owned by the Chasis Company. A little different from the past. ( several years ago)that may be true but the when your car (the B5) is announced as the Longhorn factory car every time it hits the track the perception of house car is the same

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 06:47 PM
Heard they trying to find a 6th design Howe with mono-leafs.

lurker
05-11-2024, 07:10 PM
Nope. An original Larry Phillips Race Cars, with the his original 5th coil design. Maybe they’ll get lucky and it will have the reverse wicker bill under the roof.

lurker
05-11-2024, 07:13 PM
---- the Rocket2 team is the only house car team that is owned by the Chasis Company.

Didn’t know that.

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 07:26 PM
Noice!....

MIdlmfan
05-11-2024, 09:52 PM
Heard they trying to find a 6th design Howe with mono-leafs.speaking of Howe grew up by the clan here in Michigan ... Ed was older Chas was younger

Josh Bayko
05-12-2024, 10:59 AM
You have to remember that the Rocket2 team is the only house car team that is owned by the Chasis Company. A little different from the past. ( several years ago)

Not entirely true. Kryptonite’s house car is owned by the company too.

foxfire2dirtracing
05-12-2024, 06:06 PM
Josh- you are exactly correct. I forgot about Fast Freddie Carpenter.
Thanks for the correction!

foxfire2dirtracing
05-13-2024, 07:03 AM
more I missed:
MB Customs - Mars
Berschinal (spelling)
BMF Hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)
Infinity Wells/Overton
Stormy Scott
I should have said that BShepps factory Chasis team is not owned by Longhorn Chasis like Rocket1.

Raceready
05-14-2024, 04:50 PM
This is the only time you'll ever see someone lift in that car.They've gone from O'Neal which was a " Never Lift " type of driver to an " Ever Lift " kind of driver ? ? Old Markey Baby must like them there Irishmen ? ?

MIdlmfan
05-14-2024, 09:04 PM
They've gone from O'Neal which was a " Never Lift " type of driver to an " Ever Lift " kind of driver ? ? Old Markey Baby must like them there Irishmen ? ? it’s not like O’Neal and Sheppard been setting the world on fire TMac started 3 spots behind Hudson Saturday night and finished 13 spots ahead I wonder who was lifting

Highside Hustler25
05-15-2024, 04:39 AM
This past weekend was the worst showing I can remember for Rocket 1 at Fals and FC. Then again, it was also the worst I've seen Pierce at those same tracks so go figure.

LM1
05-15-2024, 11:20 AM
The Rocket1 would have been 2nd in his heat race on Saturday if RTJ didnt door slam him.

MIdlmfan
05-15-2024, 03:17 PM
The Rocket1 would have been 2nd in his heat race on Saturday if RTJ didnt door slam him.You are exactly correct he had the faster car. After that debacle I was interested how he would do in the A and he went from 24th to 8th and was still coming forward at the end.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-15-2024, 03:26 PM
The Rocket1 would have been 2nd in his heat race on Saturday if RTJ didnt door slam him.

Rocket1 is collecting moral victory?

MIdlmfan
05-15-2024, 03:58 PM
Rocket1 is collecting moral victory?Yup same as the B5! funny thing is Tmac would probably be doing better in the B5 and B5 in the 1

Highside Hustler25
05-15-2024, 06:19 PM
McCreadie will start winning eventually. To good of racer and team to not.

Raceready
05-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Rocket1 is collecting moral victory?Good one ! !

84wedge
05-16-2024, 11:52 AM
Not winning immediately is a good thing. Now they can learn to setup a car for a finesse driver and maybe improve their product all around.

KTMLew
05-16-2024, 12:58 PM
Not winning immediately is a good thing. Now they can learn to setup a car for a finesse driver and maybe improve their product all around.

That team for last 15 or so years has looked more like a sprint car than late model. Driving style like Larson seems to be what they want.

84wedge
05-16-2024, 01:31 PM
10 years or so of hammer down drivers in their house car has set them back in the long run. DoD just did an article about footwork in a LM and the key takeaway was the word "experience". With Tmac in the house car, watch the Rockets left on tour start picking up some speed too in the future.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-16-2024, 02:39 PM
10 years or so of hammer down drivers in their house car has set them back in the long run. DoD just did an article about footwork in a LM and the key takeaway was the word "experience". With Tmac in the house car, watch the Rockets left on tour start picking up some speed too in the future.

Much of the finesse requirement has been removed by the addition of the downforce. It takes a different driver now.

lurker
05-16-2024, 06:18 PM
Much of the finesse requirement has been removed by the addition of the downforce. It takes a different driver now.

Yes it does! Same can be said in the difference of wing and non-wing sprint car drivers. The good drivers adapt.

MIdlmfan
05-16-2024, 09:40 PM
If the rocket house car keeps running like it is there will be a new driver soon. I'm not a rocket fan but this rocket program is to good to be running and finishing like it is.People keep harping on Timmy what’s fair is fair the B5 car stunk the joint up again with a 17th place tonight after starting 12th

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-16-2024, 11:21 PM
Yea there's something off w house car too.

84wedge
05-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Much of the finesse requirement has been removed by the addition of the downforce. It takes a different driver now.But there are still races where the track gets slick and/or your in traffic most of the time and things start to slow down. T Mac and Hudson are about as far apart in driving style as you can get, Rocket will learn alot. This is coming from a Rocket house car hater.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2024, 06:45 PM
But there are still races where the track gets slick and/or your in traffic most of the time and things start to slow down. T Mac and Hudson are about as far apart in driving style as you can get, Rocket will learn alot. This is coming from a Rocket house car hater.

Sure, it still happens some. It's not to the degree it used to be, and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. Not long ago, they were less than full throttle at any point after qualifying.

jog49
05-18-2024, 10:28 AM
"That team for last 15 or so years has looked more like a sprint car than late model. Driving style like Larson seems to be what they want."

Larson? Who would want Larson in their car? After all, he's just the second coming of A. J. Foyt!