PDA

View Full Version : Brownstown Speedway Indiana Icebreaker

TowerView
03-23-2024, 04:18 PM
48 cars entered tonight
Live on FloRacing

KTMLew
03-23-2024, 05:00 PM
Why so early? Almost missed it. Missed half of qualifying. Where did T-Mac Q?

CrankedUp90
03-23-2024, 05:11 PM
Why so early? Almost missed it. Missed half of qualifying. Where did T-Mac Q?

Started earlier due to cooler temps..

foxfire2dirtracing
03-23-2024, 05:15 PM
TMac qualified 4th in group A
Atomic also starting at 5:00 tomorrow.

KTMLew
03-23-2024, 05:16 PM
Started earlier due to cooler temps..

Guess the watertruck froze up too. This looks like Pennsboro in 1990.

4wide
03-23-2024, 06:17 PM
Thought smooth operator was suspended.

KTMLew
03-23-2024, 06:19 PM
Thought smooth operator was suspended.

From Woo. Woo-Woo.

KTMLew
03-23-2024, 06:51 PM
Appears they not only thawed the water truck out but decided to move the low-line infield tires IN about 18 inches. Big progress!!!

lokwaidid
03-23-2024, 07:42 PM
the race was pretty good. i thought starting 28 cars was a lot, but very few cautions.

Buford.Justice
03-23-2024, 08:13 PM
Is the winner a secret?

Good thing it was a calm night. It was a cold day.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-23-2024, 08:44 PM
KTMLew

Why so much negativity??

KTMLew
03-23-2024, 09:27 PM
KTMLew

Why so much negativity??

Thought that's what we do here? Complain, Complain, punch him in the mouth, complain.

Highside Hustler25
03-23-2024, 10:12 PM
Good race.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-23-2024, 10:25 PM
^^^ it was your fault for not knowing the starting time. It was for the benefit of everyone “at the track” because of the cold temperatures- not those in the comfort of home.

#2 your complaints on the track/water truck: first race of the year for Brownstown and it’s in Indiana-not Florida. With the cold temps- you have to use the water truck much differently.
Remember last years DTWC at Eldora?

Karl Childers
03-24-2024, 06:23 AM
Considering the bad weather Brownstown Ice breaker was not a good race... It was a Great Race.
Tanner English making the feature from the six starting position in his heat was amazing... just a great Race Car Driver.
Another great job by the King Race Announcer James Essex.
Brownstown should be proud.

kidrock
03-24-2024, 06:30 AM
You have to always keep checking the status of races this time of the year in the central part of the country. From the middle of March to the middle of April. It's nothing new for them to make a schedule change and it's usually comes in the form of start times being moved up.

Barbecueboy
03-24-2024, 07:48 AM
Loved that…..cool to hear the extra passion from Mr. Essex at his home track….Not that he needs any but I felt like I heard his voice crack a few times describing the place…..Well done guys, great race.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-24-2024, 08:00 AM
BBQ
Just my 2 cents but I agree 100%.
FWIW: negativity on social media platforms is killing dirt racing- to easy for folks to sit in the recliner and bitch!
Racing anywhere in March can be difficult- especially in Indinia. Hats off to the team at Brownstown and Lucas Oil for not canceling. WOO should take notes!

Dirtbags2020
03-24-2024, 08:59 AM
BBQJust my 2 cents but I agree 100%.FWIW: negativity on social media platforms is killing dirt racing- to easy for folks to sit in the recliner and bitch! Racing anywhere in March can be difficult- especially in Indinia. Hats off to the team at Brownstown and Lucas Oil for not canceling. WOO should take notes!looks like Flo has decided to cut out pretty boys from the announcing and reducing the camera crew to only a couple of views. I’m guessing the travel expenses and cost of hair gel has gone up with inflation.

Highside Hustler25
03-24-2024, 09:47 AM
Awww,😢😥😢😭😥😢😭😢

HoosierDirtFan
03-24-2024, 09:50 AM
BBQ
Just my 2 cents but I agree 100%.
FWIW: negativity on social media platforms is killing dirt racing- to easy for folks to sit in the recliner and bitch!
Racing anywhere in March can be difficult- especially in Indinia. Hats off to the team at Brownstown and Lucas Oil for not canceling. WOO should take notes!

For once me and you agree on something with the negative social media b.s.

That was a pretty decent show. 2 Super Stock heats, 4 Late Model heats, 3 Pure Stock heats, 3 Late Model B-Mains, & 3 features all done before 10:00pm. Drivers for the most part where clean in all 3 divisions. The late model feature was great. 6 lead changes in the feature alone. Hats off to the Lucas Oil tour and the Brownstown Speedway track crew getting the show done in a timely manner with few on track accidents.

James is the best announcer in the business period.

over4T
03-24-2024, 11:00 AM
Enjoyable show for March. Spent a few seasons in that neck of the woods and often froze your goolies off at the early spring shows and it was a good thing to start earlier. Good DLM field with pretty good race for the front and also enjoyed the Indiana Super Stocks although was a little disappointed in their car count. We were always ready when the season started but a lot of guys just never were.

Highside Hustler25
03-24-2024, 11:28 AM
Anyone know who's ride KRob was in last night? Thought I seen he was done. Glad to see him still in a ride.
On the dlm negativity, this place can be bad but not near as bad as Facebook or some of the other social media platforms. I try to stick with Speedsport, DoD, Flo and a few others for info. Way less drama and bullsht.

HoosierDirtFan
03-24-2024, 11:50 AM
Anyone know who's ride KRob was in last night? Thought I seen he was done. Glad to see him still in a ride.
On the dlm negativity, this place can be bad but not near as bad as Facebook or some of the other social media platforms. I try to stick with Speedsport, DoD, Flo and a few others for info. Way less drama and bullsht.

K-Rob was in Zack Blackwoods car with a #93K

KTMLew
03-24-2024, 12:11 PM
Just conducted a psy-op. This place is 90% about drama & negativity. Same guys ripping on Rocket,LongHorn, T-Mac, Pierce, etc.

My carefully constructed complaints brought most the forum back together. I AM GENIUS!!!

Yep...it was all planned. You betcha!

lurker
03-24-2024, 12:15 PM
foxfire2dirtracing
HoosierDirtFan
Highside Hustler25

The final demise of ½ mile asphalt Baer Field Speedway here in Ft Wayne was mostly caused by negative social media. It is also the reason the second to last promoter quit promoting races.

Raceready
03-24-2024, 12:28 PM
Just conducted a psy-op. This place is 90% about drama & negativity. Same guys ripping on Rocket,LongHorn, T-Mac, Pierce, etc. My carefully constructed complaints brought most the forum back together. I AM GENIUS!!!Yep...it was all planned. You betcha!Thank you ! ! It is worth noting that when you are this heavily involved with the posting the popularity seems to flourish as it does when the Blackie guy is allowed to be active. . .

Dirt Clod
03-24-2024, 12:37 PM
I was in my car after the late model feature checkered at 8:30pm. Not sure how long the other two features took. First heat went off at 6:05pm. That's the way to run an early spring show. I hope the Farmer City track team was watching this show. Lord only knows what time their WoO show will get over.

84wedge
03-24-2024, 01:17 PM
How was winter this year in Indiana? The track was nowhere near the rutted up cornfield it can be at this time of year.

kipling
03-24-2024, 01:22 PM
I was in my car after the late model feature checkered at 8:30pm. Not sure how long the other two features took. First heat went off at 6:05pm. That's the way to run an early spring show. I hope the Farmer City track team was watching this show. Lord only knows what time their WoO show will get over.

WoO runs the show at Farmer City. Track just does what WoO wants.

Dirt Clod
03-24-2024, 01:45 PM
If WoO of runs the show, they must run the show every week. FC has a reputation for running long strung-out shows. Let's hope they improve.

The winter in Indiana was mild, with not much snow or early spring soaking rains. You're right.....very few ruts or bumps. Was dusty in the early heats, but it eventually widened out. Adding water before the feature really helped. I've been to colder races. Kudos to Lucas and B-town for pulling this off.

Snake X3
03-24-2024, 02:06 PM
That was a great race, esp considering the weather. Brownstown is one of my favorite tracks. Got a chuckle out of seeing Bob Pierce standing in for Bobby for the photos. Devin is a class act. He's not my favorite driver, but he's usually very respectful and seems like a good guy.

Does anyone know why Owens and Clay Harris didn't get provisionals? I only watched the feature, so I'm not sure if something happened to them in the Bs, but I assume they just declined to use them since they should have been high enough in the points to receive them.

foxfire2dirtracing
03-24-2024, 03:08 PM
They didn’t get provisionals because they didn’t sign up for the loyalty program. Don’t understand it on Owens part since he is supposedly running the Lucas tour?

TBSprintFan
03-24-2024, 07:42 PM
Owen's had plans on running the full WoO tour but just changed his mind in the last little while to follow Lucas Oil

TBSprintFan
03-24-2024, 08:06 PM
Owen's had plans on running the full WoO tour but just changed his mind in the last little while to follow Lucas Oil

And now I just read where Owen's is not sure what he is going to do since he didn't qualify for last night's feature.

Snake X3
03-25-2024, 01:09 AM
That does seem odd that he didn't sign up for the loyalty program...especially since his team is supposed to have money. More understandable for Harris who wasn't supposed to be following prior to Speedweeks. I guess if Jimmy hasn't made up his mind on following the tour, that makes sense too, but I read somewhere that he was.

Thanks for the info guys.