PDA

View Full Version : Spring Nat'ls @ Pondarosa

MEE
04-20-2024, 10:06 AM
Brandon Hardgrove is a crook !!!!! Gets on facebook at 3, 4, and 5 oclock talking about how great the track is and the great field of cars,says come on out. They have the track rolled in and ready,but the fan count is low, so then he says canceled due to track conditions but never even put a car on it. THEN he refused to refund any one. He is also the owner at Lake Cumberland speedway witch btw is where the Spring Nat'ls are at tonight. I hope he has the same low turn out tonight for being such a a-ho!e.A lot of time and money wasted for a bunch of teams and fans. Hope other series look at this for future reference. WE will never be back at either track as long as he has any thing to do with them.

4Barrel
04-20-2024, 10:19 AM
Will the race be rescheduled and the tickets purchased from last night be used for a rain check?

blncfn57
04-20-2024, 01:23 PM
Will the race be rescheduled and the tickets purchased from last night be used for a rain check?

That's generally what happens. although some only want a "refund" and raise hell when they're not offered one. I thought people would know by now (it's 2024) that if the weather is iffy and gate admission is going to break you, you should wait for better weather before opening your wallet to watch a race. Right or wrong, this happens every year somewhere and people complain..... every time

Highside Hustler25
04-20-2024, 02:31 PM
Per DoD...track will offer ticket refund/exchange options for fans.

latemodelman
04-20-2024, 03:32 PM
The fans and teams should have stuck together and threatened to burn down the place or said ok we will go to his next race tonight and not show up leaving him screwed. Seems like he is a crook.

MEE
04-20-2024, 04:39 PM
That's generally what happens. although some only want a "refund" and raise hell when they're not offered one. I thought people would know by now (it's 2024) that if the weather is iffy and gate admission is going to break you, you should wait for better weather before opening your wallet to watch a race. Right or wrong, this happens every year somewhere and people complain..... every timeWhat the hell r u talking about ?? IFFY WEATHER.......... there was none,he was on facebook talking about how good track looked 2 hours before he canceled it and there was not any weather change what so ever between those times.had track rolled in and every thing was a go.U have ur opion and i'll keep mine.

Raceready
04-20-2024, 04:49 PM
Brandon Hardgrove is a crook !!!!! Gets on facebook at 3, 4, and 5 oclock talking about how great the track is and the great field of cars,says come on out. They have the track rolled in and ready,but the fan count is low, so then he says canceled due to track conditions but never even put a car on it. THEN he refused to refund any one. He is also the owner at Lake Cumberland speedway witch btw is where the Spring Nat'ls are at tonight. I hope he has the same low turn out tonight for being such a a-ho!e.A lot of time and money wasted for a bunch of teams and fans. Hope other series look at this for future reference. WE will never be back at either track as long as he has any thing to do with them.Talking out of both sides of his mouth. It sounds like he has the makings of being a good politician ?

4Barrel
04-20-2024, 05:55 PM
Save your ticket and use it when the race gets rescheduled.

blncfn57
04-20-2024, 09:43 PM
Per DoD...track will offer ticket refund/exchange options for fans.

I bet he read 4m and changed his mind! lmao

blncfn57
04-20-2024, 09:45 PM
What the hell r u talking about ?? IFFY WEATHER.......... there was none,he was on facebook talking about how good track looked 2 hours before he canceled it and there was not any weather change what so ever between those times.had track rolled in and every thing was a go.U have ur opion and i'll keep mine.

Yea, keep complaining on 4m, that'll fix it!!!! I get it, some promoters shouldn't be promoters, but we hear this same complaint every year. It is what it is

MRM
04-22-2024, 09:12 AM
That's generally what happens. although some only want a "refund" and raise hell when they're not offered one. I thought people would know by now (it's 2024) that if the weather is iffy and gate admission is going to break you, you should wait for better weather before opening your wallet to watch a race. Right or wrong, this happens every year somewhere and people complain..... every time

This is correct. It's rare a track offers a refund. People should know this by now. If the Daytona 500 gets rained out and ran on Monday, they don't offer refunds.

His mistake was not calling it off mid-afternoon. But he thought they could roll it in. People would have complained had he not tried. As Ray Cook said, it was a no-win situation.

Biplane
04-22-2024, 09:25 AM
I am pretty sure he planned on racing. It was the drivers that thought the track was not going to come around. There were lots of soft spots that were going to turn into big holes. They didn't want to tear up their equipment. That was my understanding.

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-22-2024, 09:38 AM
The fans and teams should have stuck together and threatened to burn down the place or said ok we will go to his next race tonight and not show up leaving him screwed. Seems like he is a crook.

I'm pretty sure the teams didn't want to get on the track. These days, dirt late models can't handle much of any surface irregularities.

jog49
04-22-2024, 09:39 AM
As usual, you want cheese with that WHINE?

Top Row Analyst
04-22-2024, 11:21 AM
Does Ponderosa Speedway have a buffet to go along with your steak?

Raceready
04-22-2024, 03:00 PM
Does Ponderosa Speedway have a buffet to go along with your steak?I think all tracks should offer a package deal where they offer on up a package deal with 1 of every item on the menu for something like $ 12.00 !

MasterSbilt_Racer
04-22-2024, 03:08 PM
I think all tracks should offer a package deal where they offer on up a package deal with 1 of every item on the menu for something like $ 12.00 !

When I lived in Florida, the minor league baseball team had "all you can eat and a seat" promotions. That's when I would attend.

Jim11h
04-23-2024, 07:10 AM
Sounds like should boycott whiney drivers and a crappy series format.