PDA

View Full Version : Langenfelder Punts Hunt The Front

Top Row Analyst
05-11-2024, 06:04 PM
Per a post on the Langenfelder Mechanical Contractors Facebook page last night: "As of today we are no longer affiliated with HTF I feel betrayed and I’ll leave it at that Karma" Something egregious must have happened for a guy who had bought them two Longhorns and both (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and Clements powerplants in the last year or so to cut them off so abruptly. A lot of mouths were fed in Milton, Florida due to having Mr. Mark Langenfelder as a such a gracious benefactor to HTF. Was something brewing for a while that caused their car chief Jordan to leave a few weeks ago? You have to wonder if he actually still owns some of the equipment and will be pulling up to their shop with a trailer up to take his stuff. This will certainly be an interesting soap opera to follow.

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 06:46 PM
Kubota...?

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 07:01 PM
Guess HTF isn't allowed to have new sponsors added?

Tyy7777
05-11-2024, 08:11 PM
Guess HTF isn't allowed to have new sponsors added?Seems like he was pissed he was the last to find out. I honestly couldn't care less about HTF atm. I have zero idea what that team is doing and they direction they want to take.

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 08:27 PM
Seems like he was pissed he was the last to find out. I honestly couldn't care less about HTF atm. I have zero idea what that team is doing and they direction they want to take.

Are you sponsoring them? I mean parts, tools, fuel, tires, anything? If not, they don't much care what you think. They are NOT a top level Lucas/Woo team. They are fully aware of that. Exactly why they pretty much concentrating on running their series. In a year or two, if don't pop out more rugrats, maybe they'll go back to racing more.

Maybe not. It's their business.

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-11-2024, 08:52 PM
This may be a stupid question but what is HTF series. Or is it not pertain to these guys

Tyy7777
05-11-2024, 09:02 PM
Are you sponsoring them? I mean parts, tools, fuel, tires, anything? If not, they don't much care what you think. They are NOT a top level Lucas/Woo team. They are fully aware of that. Exactly why they pretty much concentrating on running their series. In a year or two, if don't pop out more rugrats, maybe they'll go back to racing more.Maybe not. It's their business.Do they care what I think? No...never said they did. I get they aren't going to be a consistent national series winner. But man if you look at the trajectory of their program back a few years ago and compare to where they actually got...they have been severely disappointing. First the move to Longhorn, then going away from what worked engine wise, the whole Jordan thing, moving to a 28 special?! and then pissing off their biggest sponsor...I don't really get it.

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 09:10 PM
This may be a stupid question but what is HTF series. Or is it not pertain to these guys

Hunt The Front Super Dirt Series is Joshua & his lawyer wifes regional racing series. Just wasn't a reliable series in the South. Most of the Sat night races are $10-15K for winner.

While under the HTF business umbrella, it's separate from the Race team.

https://www.htfseries.com/

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 09:24 PM
Do they care what I think? No...never said they did. I get they aren't going to be a consistent national series winner. But man if you look at the trajectory of their program back a few years ago and compare to where they actually got...they have been severely disappointing. First the move to Longhorn, then going away from what worked engine wise, the whole Jordan thing, moving to a 28 special?! and then pissing off their biggest sponsor...I don't really get it.

Seems you must be following them pretty closely. Move to Longhorn was at Langenfelder insistence. As for motor, were they supposed to keep running the 20 year old Draime or the 15 y/o SB2? The one that threw a rod at Charlotte? They bought another "cheap" SB2, cause that's what they could afford. Then Langenfelder bought the Dic kens & Clements. All I ever saw was people screaming GET A CLEMENTS! NEED MORE HORSEPOWER! Well? That hasn't worked so great. Then they got all caught up in making huge changes every time car came to pits. Got lost.

Last few races, if it's fast at any point, leave it alone. They left the "Dale" with Randy Clarey last weekend to get it freshened and maybe a major update (crank & cam change). It's an odd ball 465. Think gonna get it back down in the 430 area?

As for Jordan...he didn't impress me all that much. Had to rebuild transmission every week. Calipers falling off. Maybe the new Jordan will be better?

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 09:28 PM
As for the 28 Special...it's a crate car. Would you turn a free car down? They started to do this in 2020 or 2021. Pandemic screwed it all up. Dirtdaddy had it. Only raced at the sandbox I believe.

MIdlmfan
05-11-2024, 09:32 PM
Seems like he was pissed he was the last to find out. I honestly couldn't care less about HTF atm. I have zero idea what that team is doing and they direction they want to take.I watch their vids occasionally and had noticed they had not mentioned Langenfelder as of late even though it was still on the car but they did offer to sell me a T-shirt about 3 times a video

SLIDING SIDEWAYS
05-11-2024, 09:55 PM
Hunt The Front Super Dirt Series is Joshua & his lawyer wifes regional racing series. Just wasn't a reliable series in the South. Most of the Sat night races are $10-15K for winner.

While under the HTF business umbrella, it's separate from the Race team.

https://www.htfseries.com/

Ok thanks. They just had one here in nc and was wondering what it was about or affiliated.

Tyy7777
05-11-2024, 10:27 PM
Seems you must be following them pretty closely. Move to Longhorn was at Langenfelder insistence. As for motor, were they supposed to keep running the 20 year old Draime or the 15 y/o SB2? The one that threw a rod at Charlotte? They bought another "cheap" SB2, cause that's what they could afford. Then Langenfelder bought the Dic kens & Clements. All I ever saw was people screaming GET A CLEMENTS! NEED MORE HORSEPOWER! Well? That hasn't worked so great. Then they got all caught up in making huge changes every time car came to pits. Got lost.Last few races, if it's fast at any point, leave it alone. They left the "Dale" with Randy Clarey last weekend to get it freshened and maybe a major update (crank & cam change). It's an odd ball 465. Think gonna get it back down in the 430 area? As for Jordan...he didn't impress me all that much. Had to rebuild transmission every week. Calipers falling off. Maybe the new Jordan will be better?Firstly, as of the last 1/1.5 years I haven't really watched mutch of their videos, mainly just kept up with them on FB etc. Used to watch a lot of their stuff prior. I wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind the chassis/engine changes. IMO they should of stuck with the Capital. Do what works for YOU, not anyone else.Engine wise what I meant was that IMO they shouldn't of went HP chasing, not the best use of their resources. Again, wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind that. They seemed to do well with the Draime, not sure how good the SB2 stuff has been with them but I think they just need to stick with that and not worry about a Clements. And as for Jordan I also wasn't a fan. I think it was roughly when he came on board they started going backwards though I'm not 100% sure. What I meant with my comment was that he was just a waste of time. Hope that clarifies things. I'm not trying to hate. I'm criticising because I genuinely like those boys and want them to do well.

KTMLew
05-11-2024, 10:57 PM
Firstly, as of the last 1/1.5 years I haven't really watched mutch of their videos, mainly just kept up with them on FB etc. Used to watch a lot of their stuff prior. I wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind the chassis/engine changes. IMO they should of stuck with the Capital. Do what works for YOU, not anyone else.Engine wise what I meant was that IMO they shouldn't of went HP chasing, not the best use of their resources. Again, wasn't aware that Langenfelder was behind that. They seemed to do well with the Draime, not sure how good the SB2 stuff has been with them but I think they just need to stick with that and not worry about a Clements. And as for Jordan I also wasn't a fan. I think it was roughly when he came on board they started going backwards though I'm not 100% sure. What I meant with my comment was that he was just a waste of time. Hope that clarifies things. I'm not trying to hate. I'm criticising because I genuinely like those boys and want them to do well.

Thanks for keeping it civil. The Clements will be handy at Eldora. Oddly enough I think the Dale SB2 has won most of the races in the LH. Were running it to keep laps off the Clements & Duckens.

Top Row Analyst
05-11-2024, 11:35 PM
So who actually legally owns the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and the Clements engines? It wouldn't be the first time a sponsor showed up at a race shop and repossessed equipment. Remember that Langenfelder is a businessman first.

KTMLew
05-12-2024, 10:21 AM
So who actually legally owns the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)ens and the Clements engines? It wouldn't be the first time a sponsor showed up at a race shop and repossessed equipment. Remember that Langenfelder is a businessman first.

None of us armchair team owners have any idea exactly how these sponsorships work. Does the sponsor call X business and place an order? Doubt it. My guess is Race Team Y calls company and gets price on widget. Sends sponsor the quote. Sponsor wires team that amount of money to teams account. Kinda doubt this level of sponsorship is a, "here's $250K to spend how you want" type of deal.

Also remember, Joshua's wife is their attorney. THIS is what she's done for years. Racing stuff.

From what I've seen/understood thru their videos, two engines & one car "belong" to Langenfelder...but lawyers do lawyer stuff.

The first LH was essentially a trade. Found option on LH so...sold fairly new Capital because Langenfelder wanted them in a LH plus the Capital stuff just wasn't getting better. The 2018/19 chassis seems better for them than the new ones they bought.

My guess is best case...Langenfelder just takes the L. Worst case, LAWYERS!

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-12-2024, 10:44 AM
Overton did really well with a Clary SB2, when he needed an engine. Engines are way overrated, unless you don't have enough. And, the not having enough has really only became a thing as the aero has gotten stupid

KTMLew
05-12-2024, 10:54 AM
Overton did really well with a Clary SB2, when he needed an engine. Engines are way overrated, unless you don't have enough. And, the not having enough has really only became a thing as the aero has gotten stupid

Their Current "Dale" SB2 IS one of Overton old engines. Randy wants them to let him update it and not just the usual refreshen. Joseph liked it way it was. We will see when they get it back. The drag race guys are building 630+ Cu.in. versions! How would you like to hook one of those up? Way over 1000 ft lb of torque? Need a 800lb 5th coil.

zyoung25
05-12-2024, 11:41 AM
Pretty sure they sat on the pole at the world with the SB2. People think it takes a hog leg to be competitive at eldora, it doesn't. We actually did better with our standard bore engine than we did with the wide bore when we raced there. Dohm had some success with his standard bore engine as well there.

KTMLew
05-12-2024, 11:53 AM
Pretty sure they sat on the pole at the world with the SB2. People think it takes a hog leg to be competitive at eldora, it doesn't. We actually did better with our standard bore engine than we did with the wide bore when we raced there. Dohm had some success with his standard bore engine as well there.

Nope. The nearly 20 y/o Draime. In a Capital.

Finnfan25
05-12-2024, 06:02 PM
I was a huge fan (and defender) of theirs for years, since the early days of their channel, even though there were red flags along the way...until I actually met them a couple of times. Not a fan now.

KTMLew
05-12-2024, 06:45 PM
Talk to Jonathan and Jesse at falls, they are exactly how they are on video. Jesse came off as not being very friendly but I understood he was busy, Jonathan was a pretty cool cat...

For me Jesse comes across like Larry Mac, America's CrewChief, ON THE CHIP! Dealing with Jonathan on the regular would put me in a foul mood. WATCH IT! Woah woah woah. All with camera in his hand. Joseph is so low-key he's ice cold. Couldn't be more different. And once they've done hotlaps, it's all business until after feature. If anyone doesn't like it, best stay in the stands.

lurker
05-12-2024, 08:23 PM
Wasn’t HTF originally nothing more than a social influencer on YT, with the intent to make money from the channel?

MIdlmfan
05-12-2024, 09:02 PM
Yeah and they essentially still are

lurker
05-12-2024, 09:21 PM
Race cars, trucks, trailers, ancillaries, and a race series --- must have a lot of YT viewers.

Were they a popular race team in there area before going YT?

KTMLew
05-13-2024, 08:53 AM
Love it when some get butthurt over others success. "They didn't do it the right way" seems to be the reason. Whatever. Times change, JC Murphy, Radio Shack, Heck's Department Store, Montgomery Ward, Sears, etc, etc. All gone. Business models change. Youtube, Instagram, Tic-Toc, SnapChat, are the new way. Either climb on board or get run over.

Finnfan25
05-13-2024, 09:49 AM
I love it when some get butthurt because some people's opinions don't align with their own...on a FORUM. Particularly when they're filibustering, overly-verbose posters (if the shoe fits...).

KTMLew
05-13-2024, 10:09 AM
I love it when some get butthurt because some people's opinions don't align with their own...on a FORUM. Particularly when they're filibustering, overly-verbose posters (if the shoe fits...).

Overly verbose is my middle name. Glad to be of service.

KTMLew
05-14-2024, 01:25 PM
Hunt the Front

We would like to take a second to say thank you to Langenfelder Mechanical Contractors for all the support they’ve given our race team over the past three years. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end, and they’ve decided to go a different direction. We wish them the best in the future. We’re looking forward to what’s next for our program.

EDIT:^^^from Book of Faces

Highside Hustler25
05-14-2024, 03:47 PM
I'm beginning to think > we've decided to go a different direction < in the late model world means phuk off.

Raceready
05-14-2024, 04:35 PM
I'm beginning to think > we've decided to go a different direction < in the late model world means phuk off.Everyone just needs to filibuster and be peachy ! !

Tyy7777
05-14-2024, 05:08 PM
I'm beginning to think > we've decided to go a different direction < in the late model world means phuk off.Don't forget the "We have mutually agreed to part ways" even though what actually happened was the complete opposite.

MIdlmfan
05-14-2024, 05:47 PM
Can't believe Kubota would align themselves with this bunch .. the series I can understand ... although reviewing results on MyRacePass the last couple of races they were in B-mains and would not have made the A without provisionals so they will be getting lots of airtime, the provisionals are also conveniently set up so that they make every A-main

KTMLew
05-14-2024, 06:03 PM
Nevermind. Weren't nothing anybody wants to see.

LM1
05-14-2024, 07:04 PM
Now they are moderating comments on their Facebook post, nothing says amicable split like deleting comments you don't like.

MIdlmfan
05-14-2024, 09:42 PM
Per hunt the front’s statement … we would like to take a second … geez that choice of words could’ve been a little better the dude put you in a couple new Longhorns and a new Clements … I believe a lot of arrogance has seeped in since the start of the series

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 01:53 AM
Now they are moderating comments on their Facebook post, nothing says amicable split like deleting comments you don't like.

That's not new. Puppy dogs & rainbows. Always been.

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 01:55 AM
It's an attorney approved press release. Nothing to see here. I see nothing. I know nothing.

Tyy7777
05-15-2024, 03:41 AM
Can't believe Kubota would align themselves with this bunch .. the series I can understand ... although reviewing results on MyRacePass the last couple of races they were in B-mains and would not have made the A without provisionals so they will be getting lots of airtime, the provisionals are also conveniently set up so that they make every A-mainLook call me crazy whatever but I think just MAYBE the fact they have one of the biggest and most loyal fanbases in all of DLM racing MIGHT have something to do with it.Hey, could be wrong though.

lurker
05-15-2024, 06:13 AM
Tyy7777,

Back to my question in post #27.

Were they a popular race team in there area before going YT?

Dlmfan123
05-15-2024, 06:35 AM
Tyy7777, Back to my question in post #27. Were they a popular race team in there area before going YT?No they were racing weekly in Florida. It’s pretty dang cool what they have built. No matter what they do anymore they have some people on the internet telling them that every decision they make is the wrong one

Top Row Analyst
05-15-2024, 07:33 AM
The question remains... Will Langenfelder repossess cars, engines, and other equipment? Will Kubota money be used to buy them back? Or will Jonathan take another questionable PPP loan? Oh, wait they don't give those out anymore.

zyoung25
05-15-2024, 07:49 AM
I do think it is pretty neat what they done building their team just over a YouTube and Patreon channels. I don't have time to sit down and watch their videos like I used to. One of the last videos I remember watching was when they first got the capital car. It's definitely different the way they have did it, but they gave made it work so far.

riddle28
05-15-2024, 08:40 AM
The question remains... Will Langenfelder repossess cars, engines, and other equipment? Will Kubota money be used to buy them back? Or will Jonathan take another questionable PPP loan? Oh, wait they don't give those out anymore.

they were a business that was forced to shut down during covid, not sure how thats questionable?

its so funny the jealousy around their team. They built something from nothing with a couple cameras and free social media. Theyre regional guys that go to a few big shows a year and usually have a good showing. Theres nothing impressive about guys racing on their grand daddies tax write offs. If they got a corporate sponsor then good for them and theres usually 3 sides to a story

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 09:29 AM
they were a business that was forced to shut down during covid, not sure how thats questionable?

its so funny the jealousy around their team. They built something from nothing with a couple cameras and free social media. Theyre regional guys that go to a few big shows a year and usually have a good showing. Theres nothing impressive about guys racing on their grand daddies tax write offs. If they got a corporate sponsor then good for them and theres usually 3 sides to a story

Yep..........<cutting down on the verbose-ness>

lurker
05-15-2024, 10:25 AM
Dlmfan123,

So HTF is sorta like the Thomas Meseraull, TmezTV of the DLM world --- good enough, thanks for answering my question.

Dlmfan123
05-15-2024, 10:33 AM
Dlmfan123, So HTF is sorta like the Thomas Meseraull, TmezTV of the DLM world --- good enough, thanks for answering my question.Tmez has been racing nationally for years now, him on YouTube is only a year or two old

lurker
05-15-2024, 10:40 AM
Youtube, Instagram, Tic-Toc, SnapChat, are the new way.

You forgot Facebook.

Social media wise, this forum is the closest I get to any form of social media. None of the above are my thing, nor do I have time for them. I liked racing well before today’s social media driven world. Showing up at Monett Speedway on a Sunday night just to see if Moyer or Phillips showed up was good enough for me. My buddies use to call Larry’s shop in Springfield to see where he was racing, so I guess that was old school social media -- hahaha.

lurker
05-15-2024, 10:47 AM
Tmez has been racing nationally for years now, him on YouTube is only a year or two old

Thanks, Dlmfan123. But the two are comparable, correct?

lurker
05-15-2024, 10:58 AM
I just looked at the HTF YT page ---- where in the world do people get the time to look at and follow stuff like this, and 20 to 30 minute videos. To each there own, and good for HTF getting that many viewers and hits.

zyoung25
05-15-2024, 12:00 PM
I just looked at the HTF YT page ---- where in the world do people get the time to look at and follow stuff like this, and 20 to 30 minute videos. To each there own, and good for HTF getting that many viewers and hits.

My old job, I was a night shift supervisor. I had about 2hrs a night I could get some screen time in. I've changed to a truck driver since then, and then and add a wife, and kid in, I barely got time to keep up with racing news anymore.

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 12:10 PM

If you do retirement properly you have 24/7 to do whatever you want. Not talking about saving tons of money being the right way. Keeping expenses down works too. I own almost nothing. Makes moving very easy...but I digest.

Mantis
05-15-2024, 12:16 PM
^

It does help to keep everything moving when you digest.

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 12:18 PM
^

It does help to keep everything moving when you digest.

Look up Brent Terhune.

Mantis
05-15-2024, 12:28 PM
Look up Brent Terhune.

All I saw was a bunch of facebook YT, Insta, Ticktock, etc.....

I don't do that sh|t....too old, lol.

weatherman85
05-15-2024, 02:14 PM
As far as Langenfelder reposing anything, that depends on the details of the agreement. I would think, certainly hope, both sides would have crossed their T's and dotted their I's in the deal. HTF because they have free access to a racing lawyer and Lagenfelder because he's operating a large successful business that probably encounters legal matters all the time. My guess would be that Lagenfelder thought this was going to be a REALLY long term deal and fell into the bromance of the team and therefore maybe got a little too relax making the deal not ever seeing this situation coming. If that is the case, it probably won't ever happen again to him.

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 02:55 PM
All I saw was a bunch of facebook YT, Insta, Ticktock, etc.....

I don't do that sh|t....too old, lol.

He's a comedian. Ends lot of his short videos with I digest instead of I digress. But not everyone has my sense-of-humor. YMMV.

I'm 66 and think he's quite funny making fun of a certain ex-president & his cult members.

KTMLew
05-15-2024, 06:45 PM
Soooo...37 minute Patreon video that says nothing. Said they can't say anything official until Friday. My guess is laywer says contract starts on X date. Say nothing until then. I only watched maybe 10 minutes. Was completely pointless.

And Whynot cancelled, rained out, with no date available to reschedule.

crazyt
05-16-2024, 02:07 AM
I’ll say one thing you spend a couple days pitted near them and you quickly figure out that the joiners give you some the worse fake mf’r vibes you’ll ever get. Jesse and some the other crew guys aren’t that way but the joiners themselves give you hardcore snake oil salesman vibes.

fastford
05-16-2024, 11:07 AM
None of us armchair team owners have any idea exactly how these sponsorships work. Does the sponsor call X business and place an order? Doubt it. My guess is Race Team Y calls company and gets price on widget. Sends sponsor the quote. Sponsor wires team that amount of money to teams account. Kinda doubt this level of sponsorship is a, "here's $250K to spend how you want" type of deal.

Also remember, Joshua's wife is their attorney. THIS is what she's done for years. Racing stuff.

From what I've seen/understood thru their videos, two engines & one car "belong" to Langenfelder...but lawyers do lawyer stuff.

The first LH was essentially a trade. Found option on LH so...sold fairly new Capital because Langenfelder wanted them in a LH plus the Capital stuff just wasn't getting better. The 2018/19 chassis seems better for them than the new ones they bought.

My guess is best case...Langenfelder just takes the L. Worst case, LAWYERS!

with your post in post #14 , " were running it to keep laps of the clements & duckens : , you must be more to them than a " arm chair team owner " , any way , all I can say is I only met them once several years back and they seemed alright to me , I dont follow them or any one else on book face so I have no idea of there social influence ....

Kromulous
05-16-2024, 12:05 PM
A lot of good Teams out there for Langenfelder to Sponsor, if they want to stay involved with SLM Racing.

KTMLew
05-16-2024, 12:55 PM
with your post in post #14 , " were running it to keep laps of the clements & duckens : , you must be more to them than a " arm chair team owner " , any way , all I can say is I only met them once several years back and they seemed alright to me , I dont follow them or any one else on book face so I have no idea of there social influence ....

I just watch their YT videos and Sub to their Patreon. Zero interest in going to any track. My hearing is damaged enough. Love having Flo.

fastford
05-16-2024, 06:44 PM
a men to that KTM , I know they have issues from time to time , but for me , flo is the best thing since sliced bread....lol....

KTMLew
05-16-2024, 07:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUUwT5OoP-g

KTMLew
05-16-2024, 07:58 PM
I'd assume Kubota does exactly what I'd suggested before and signs a $250-400K check or something along those lines. This stuff ain't cheap. Car looks fantastic. I like having SLM gloss black and crate flat black. Very slight difference but noticeable.

MIdlmfan
05-16-2024, 08:03 PM
It will be another great opportunity to come out with a whole new set of merchandise to sell to the SHEOPLE

Jim11h
05-16-2024, 08:19 PM
Yall didn't notice the push in dirt racing by Kubota? They're on dirttrackr YouTube, thinking on high limit series title sponsor, etc....They're making a push

KTMLew
05-16-2024, 08:25 PM
It will be another great opportunity to come out with a whole new set of merchandise to sell to the SHEOPLE

You watch football/baseball/NBA/etc? Ever buy a shirt/hat/cup/etc?

GrocMax
05-16-2024, 10:10 PM
Remember the 80'S? Tipton, Jim 'n Tammy Faye Baker? Phoney Chrstians? All about the money? Yeah...... same stufff. Phoney as all get out, if you DIDN'T get that vibe right quick, you are a fool. MONEY FROM FOOL'S SAVES. Bunch of (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s that have every bridge they EVER crossed.burned.

GrocMax
05-16-2024, 10:44 PM
You wanna know why "Dirt Daddy" quit? SIMPLE, he's the only Christian there. Saw it coming. Didn't want to be a part of it.

GrocMax
05-16-2024, 11:26 PM
And....who owned it? Yeah.

GrocMax
05-16-2024, 11:34 PM
Made what work? Tithing on Patreon?

GrocMax
05-16-2024, 11:39 PM
They could offer whatever big-tmey crew chief or shock guy 5 times the going rate and get no offers. Bridges been burninated.

riddle28
05-17-2024, 06:31 AM
I'd assume Kubota does exactly what I'd suggested before and signs a $250-400K check or something along those lines. This stuff ain't cheap. Car looks fantastic. I like having SLM gloss black and crate flat black. Very slight difference but noticeable.

that wont get you far running supers. itd need to be closer to 7 figures to run the original one off

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2024, 06:58 AM
that wont get you far running supers. itd need to be closer to 7 figures to run the original one off

An established team can run a long time on that kind of money.

KTMLew
05-17-2024, 07:07 AM
I don't do religion so don't care at all. They running a business. Period.

Raceready
05-17-2024, 09:23 AM
^ ^ ^ God is great ! ^ ^ ^

riddle28
05-17-2024, 10:05 AM
An established team can run a long time on that kind of money.

not with 2 full time employees not counting the driver with 2 supers 2 crates and who knows how many engines. it costs 4-5k just to drop the gate

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2024, 10:10 AM
not with 2 full time employees not counting the driver with 2 supers 2 crates and who knows how many engines. it costs 4-5k just to drop the gate

If you are trying to run Lucas shows, yes, you might spend $4k a night. That's 62 nights with the 250k. The other stuff is cheaper to run. These guys ain't towing across the country every week. They also have other sources of income.

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2024, 10:14 AM
It doesn't matter how many engines they have, or cars, you are only wearing out 1 that night

riddle28
05-17-2024, 10:40 AM
If you are trying to run Lucas shows, yes, you might spend $4k a night. That's 62 nights with the 250k. The other stuff is cheaper to run. These guys ain't towing across the country every week. They also have other sources of income.

thats not counting motor freshening or loss, transporter maintenance, usually one new car a year and if youre doin it "cheaper" then theres not much point in showing up. They also have about 10 ppl on the payroll of this deal thats not getting paid from race winnings, I know youre the expert of 4m but 250k is not enough to run off a good sponsor because all it takes is one person changing positions that doesnt like racing at a company for them to go a different direction with their budget

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2024, 11:07 AM
thats not counting motor freshening or loss, transporter maintenance, usually one new car a year and if youre doin it "cheaper" then theres not much point in showing up. They also have about 10 ppl on the payroll of this deal thats not getting paid from race winnings, I know youre the expert of 4m but 250k is not enough to run off a good sponsor because all it takes is one person changing positions that doesnt like racing at a company for them to go a different direction with their budget

That does count those things in the summary that Viper publicly talked out on the Internet a while back. A team can spend about whatever they want to race.

Are you saying 10 people are being paid a salary by a departing sponsor? That guy was getting fleeced!

riddle28
05-17-2024, 11:24 AM
That does count those things in the summary that Viper publicly talked out on the Internet a while back. A team can spend about whatever they want to race.

Are you saying 10 people are being paid a salary by a departing sponsor? That guy was getting fleeced!

no you implied that the race team is being funded by their social media when they didnt have any of the good equipment until langenfelder came along, and probably had more social media support then than now. they were running a used hybrid capital and a 15 year old engine before him. they got all this extra money lying around now they should hire you to crew chief for them, im sure youd have them winning eldora lmao

MasterSbilt_Racer
05-17-2024, 11:29 AM
no you implied that the race team is being funded by their social media when they didnt have any of the good equipment until langenfelder came along, and probably had more social media support then than now. they were running a used hybrid capital and a 15 year old engine before him. they got all this extra money lying around now they should hire you to crew chief for them, im sure youd have them winning eldora lmao

I implied that 300k would fund a lot of trips to the races if they won nothing. I don't know that I could get them a win, but I'm certain I could improve their performance.

Social media got them out of their day jobs. Beyond that, I don't know or care.

KTMLew
05-17-2024, 12:04 PM
For the haters, do yourself a favor and pony up 5 or 10 bucks to listen/watch the hour long podcast on now explaining reasoning for this move.

https://www.patreon.com/huntthefront/posts

KTMLew
05-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Will be available free later today or tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheHunttheFrontPodcast/featured

KTMLew
05-17-2024, 12:21 PM
I'm sure there are those here that wish we were still running leaf springs & home built cast iron block 377 & 406. Cause they were HOMEBUILT!

Sorry folks. That ship has sailed. Even street stocks have better motors than we ran 35-40 years ago.

MIdlmfan
05-17-2024, 02:19 PM
For the haters, do yourself a favor and pony up 5 or 10 bucks to listen/watch the hour long podcast on now explaining reasoning for this move. https://www.patreon.com/huntthefront/posts no thanks I am done with team infomercial

Finnfan25
05-17-2024, 02:33 PM
IMO, however they make their money or how they choose to spend it, or what deals they make or break is totally 100% their business and none of mine, like any other LM team. I do not root for or against them on the track. What soured (or enlightened) me on them is how I saw WITH MY OWN TWO EYES how they treated fans and what their true personalities are, particularly how they left fans with young children standing around with shirts and wouldn't even acknowledge them, WELL BEFORE any work was being done on the car. Others may have different experiences and I can respect that, but if you ONLY watch the videos and have not seen or witnessed how they act in person, when they can't edit what they want you to see, IMO you have a hollow, one-sided argument. I've seen this at two separate tracks and I realized, they are simply shrewd businessmen (best case anyway) who know what they are doing and what crowd they're playing to when they film the "good ol' boys just having a good time" videos. I've seen enough to know the videos are purely an act. YMMV

KTMLew
05-17-2024, 04:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5evp7ON3SM

crazyt
05-18-2024, 01:26 AM
IMO, however they make their money or how they choose to spend it, or what deals they make or break is totally 100% their business and none of mine, like any other LM team. I do not root for or against them on the track. What soured (or enlightened) me on them is how I saw WITH MY OWN TWO EYES how they treated fans and what their true personalities are, particularly how they left fans with young children standing around with shirts and wouldn't even acknowledge them, WELL BEFORE any work was being done on the car. Others may have different experiences and I can respect that, but if you ONLY watch the videos and have not seen or witnessed how they act in person, when they can't edit what they want you to see, IMO you have a hollow, one-sided argument. I've seen this at two separate tracks and I realized, they are simply shrewd businessmen (best case anyway) who know what they are doing and what crowd they're playing to when they film the "good ol' boys just having a good time" videos. I've seen enough to know the videos are purely an act. YMMV

We was pitted near them one night and we didn’t even make it to the end of hot laps before our entire team was in agreement that we wouldn’t make it to lunch time the first day before Johnathon would be laying in middle of the shop floor counting sheep if we had to deal with him

lurker
05-18-2024, 04:05 AM
So what some of you are saying is HTF is just Entertainment.

I remember when the TV show Pawn Stars got exposed as scripted and fake, and that it was filmed on a “set”.

The Big Secret “Pawn Stars” Doesn’t Want You to Know - https://www.casino.org/vitalvegas/the-big-secret-pawn-stars-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

fastford
05-18-2024, 08:33 AM
remembering the words of Big Bill France , " this is not a sport , its entertainment " , still holds true today more than ever ......

dirty-white-boy
05-18-2024, 09:41 AM

Everybody's milage will vary on that topic. If you really want a person's attention you have mouth and they ears...they can say yes or no to your answer.

I still say to this day that ole Bloomer's tshirt sales doubled the day he put up ropes around his pit area. He made his piece of real estate exclusive by doing that.

jog49
05-18-2024, 10:20 AM
I like the statement from page 1 of this thread:

"Hunt The Front Super Dirt Series is Joshua & his lawyer wifes regional racing series. Just wasn't a reliable series in the South. Most of the Sat night races are $10-15K for winner."

$10,000 to $15,000 to win on a Saturday night? Who would want to race for that paltry sum?

EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

Top Row Analyst
05-18-2024, 04:48 PM
HTF appears to be two loosely connected companies—a racing series and an apparel company.

The racing series looks to be primarily promoted by Joshua and Liz and seems to be on the way up. It does not appear Langenfelder had a thing to do with sponsoring the racing series.

The rest of them run an apparel company that uses videos and racing/show cars to promote their brand. There is crossover between the two with one promoting and doing work with the other, especially with the podcasts.

It also looks like Joshua managed to court Kubota over to help him pay the bills for purses, point funds, and personnel costs for his racing series. From there it looks like he did a nice job selling the quarter panels on the apparel company’s cars for more exposure. Both companies would have been far better off with Kubota and Langenfelder. Remember they still have the same number of mouths to feed.

KTMLew
05-18-2024, 05:22 PM
If some would watch the hour long video posted above, would have much better understanding of this situation.

So much hate now. We all know where/who has encouraged it last 8ish years. Need to be outraged! Hate, hate, hate.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5evp7ON3SM

Henry Every
05-18-2024, 06:05 PM
Well I don't have an hour I wish to donate to HTF, so I'll just continue not caring about it either way. I'll watch the series videos but the shop/team videos bore me and thats about it. Moving on.

lurker
05-18-2024, 07:26 PM
So much hate now. We all know where/who has encouraged it last 8ish years. Need to be outraged! Hate, hate, hate.

I take it that jab is towards Trump, and really belongs in the Tailgate section of the forum --- but I digest.

Highside Hustler25
05-18-2024, 07:40 PM
I take it that jab is towards Trump, and really belongs in the Tailgate section of the forum --- but I digest.

More like the looney bin section. I wouldn't of expected any less.

Jb1390
05-18-2024, 07:44 PM
Well, looks like Langenfelder already got himself a new driver. At least I don’t remember him being all over Gary Sthulers car in previous years

lurker
05-18-2024, 08:20 PM
Highside Hustler25, I am a bit of a Looney Tune on the back page of the forum. hahahah

KTMLew
05-18-2024, 08:50 PM
Well I don't have an hour I wish to donate to HTF, so I'll just continue not caring about it either way. I'll watch the series videos but the shop/team videos bore me and thats about it. Moving on.

And yet you keep posting in this thread.

blncfn57
05-18-2024, 09:50 PM
If some would watch the hour long video posted above, would have much better understanding of this situation.

Yea, I know where it came from. Fkn idiots that can't use their dang brain. One man that has no brain keeps the fire fueled. remember to keep paying double for necessities, Ukraine is counting on that money.
Thanks for the $4/gal gas you moron

zyoung25
05-19-2024, 08:52 AM
Well, looks like Langenfelder already got himself a new driver. At least I don’t remember him being all over Gary Sthulers car in previous years

Interesting but good pick going with Stoooooler. I can't see any drama coming from that camp.

KTMLew
05-19-2024, 10:17 AM
Interesting but good pick going with Stoooooler. I can't see any drama coming from that camp.

They were already providing him some help.

Dlmfan123
05-19-2024, 08:33 PM
Mark owns stuhlers car and has for the last couple years

Top Row Analyst
05-20-2024, 09:27 AM
Good to see all the HTF/Langenfelder branded apparel is now being sold at a discount. Mystery final sale shirts and hoodies can be had for $15/$25. That's probably still too much for most goobers to bite when the new Kubota wares are likely only days away.

I think the HTF crew should channel their inner altruism and donate all of that apparel to clothe third world countries just like the NFL does every year with the losing Super Bowl merchandise. Besides war torn Ukraine, this would be a wonderful way for HTF to spread their spiritual message to places of need like South Sudan, Liberia, and Haiti. This would also mean they won't have to act when Mark Langenfelder sends them a cease-and-desist letter.

KTMLew
05-20-2024, 10:14 AM
Good to see all the HTF/Langenfelder branded apparel is now being sold at a discount. Mystery final sale shirts and hoodies can be had for $15/$25. That's probably still too much for most goobers to bite when the new Kubota wares are likely only days away.

I think the HTF crew should channel their inner altruism and donate all of that apparel to clothe third world countries just like the NFL does every year with the losing Super Bowl merchandise. Besides war torn Ukraine, this would be a wonderful way for HTF to spread their spiritual message to places of need like South Sudan, Liberia, and Haiti. This would also mean they won't have to act when Mark Langenfelder sends them a cease-and-desist letter.

Why you so mad brah? Mark? Is that you?

jr29
05-20-2024, 11:52 AM

I listened while on the lawn mower. My primary observation, Kenny Wallace is full of it. I used to really like him, but it's becoming more and more difficult.

KTMLew
05-20-2024, 02:20 PM
I listened while on the lawn mower. My primary observation, Kenny Wallace is full of it. I used to really like him, but it's becoming more and more difficult.

If you have any interest in their deal, 5 bucks months gets the Patreon. 10 you can watch pre & post race stuff. That stuff is a little spotty due to internetz being unreliable out in the boonies.

jr29
05-20-2024, 02:53 PM
If you have any interest in their deal, 5 bucks months gets the Patreon. 10 you can watch pre & post race stuff. That stuff is a little spotty due to internetz being unreliable out in the boonies.

I used to pay the $5 to get access to the podcast. Offseason came along and I cancelled and I haven't renewed.

Top Row Analyst
05-20-2024, 04:58 PM

Not sure I can fathom giving them $5/month. Afterall, I am still paying for Jonathan’s ambiguous PPP loan.

cjsracing
05-20-2024, 07:08 PM
Looks like Lagenfelder is sponsoring Tyler Erb now too.

Mantis
05-21-2024, 06:50 AM
Paying money to hear these guys talk????........lol.

KTMLew
05-21-2024, 08:43 AM

It's for their supporters. That's it. You don't like them, don't listen. Lot of people mad cause they've monetarized THEIR RACING BUSINESS.

Perplexes me why that's so hard for some to understand. NOBODY is making money at this stuff EXCEPT them. Which they explain in last hour long video. They MUST profit or have to go back to a regular job. Race purses wouldn't support the team if they won all the time. Also why they picked best paying sponsor.

But I'm using too many words. Better quit now...

dirty-white-boy
05-21-2024, 11:33 AM
Looks like Lagenfelder is sponsoring Tyler Erb now too.

He goes from Jesus Christ to Jesus F##**#N Christ!!! LOL

MEE
05-21-2024, 11:44 AM
It's for their supporters. That's it. You don't like them, don't listen. Lot of people mad cause they've monetarized THEIR RACING BUSINESS. Perplexes me why that's so hard for some to understand. NOBODY is making money at this stuff EXCEPT them. Which they explain in last hour long video. They MUST profit or have to go back to a regular job. Race purses wouldn't support the team if they won all the time. Also why they picked best paying sponsor.But I'm using too many words. Better quit now...((((((( Which Joiner are you ? )))))))

jr29
05-21-2024, 11:49 AM
((((((( Which Joiner are you ? )))))))

I actually think they have the best DLM podcast around. They talk about all things DLM racing, not just their own. IMO, it's way better than The Dirt Reporters.

KTMLew
05-21-2024, 12:03 PM
((((((( Which Joiner are you ? )))))))

The good looking one. They won't let me on video since make everyone else look so bad.

Highside Hustler25
05-21-2024, 02:21 PM
With all the free podcasts and YouTube channels out there why would anyone pay for such entertainment from a regional race team?🥱

cjsracing
05-21-2024, 02:43 PM

I'd pay a successful team to listen to their thoughts and see how they do things, but not wasting my money on these guys.

jr29
05-21-2024, 02:48 PM
With all the free podcasts and YouTube channels out there why would anyone pay for such entertainment from a regional race team?辰

It's $5 per month and I have $5 per month to spend and it's better than the others.
And what does them being a regional team have to do with it ? If that's a prerequisite for you to enjoy a racing podcast how can you stand to listen to so many of the others that are hosted by forklift drivers or roofers or whatever the other hosts do ?

Highside Hustler25
05-21-2024, 04:35 PM
I'll spend my 5 bucks on a pork chop samich @ FALS thank you.

jr29
05-21-2024, 04:50 PM
I'll spend my 5 bucks on a pork chop samich @ FALS thank you.

Cool. I won't. I don't care how you spend your money, though.