Camaro vs. Chrysler Leafs

Default Camaro vs. Chrysler Leafs

I am in the planning stages of building a street stock, and this the first time I've ever ventured into leaf springs. What I am planning on building is a 1970 Mustang with a Fastboy setup. Right now, I am just working from frame diagrams and whatever dimension I can find online to check the feasibility of my plans. For the life of me I cannot find the difference between the Camaro and Chrysler leaf springs. I assume they are just dimensional differences, but I cannot find them. The rules I am going by are pretty vague about what I can and cannot do with leafs. They do say I can use Camaro or Chrysler leafs. The tech inspector says that I can have multiple forward mounting holes, up and down but not forward and back. He also said that I can have any shackles as long as they mount in the same location on the left and the right. The wheelbase must be stock +/- 1". Am I going to have to have custom springs made (more than just the Fastboy mods)?

Is there a website that lists stock dimensions for springs? I'm building this car from scratch, using rust repair panels, and I don't have a good reference for spring dimensions.

Depends on the type of spring (mono or stacked) and the brand differs just slightly. But here's the basics I found,

Chevy = 54" overall length, 24-25" from center bolt to front eye

Chrysler= 53-53-7/8" overall length, 19 1/2 or 20 1/2" from center bolt to front eye

Also the 2 generally use different size bolts thru the eye
    Last edited by 82Motorsports; 05-24-2010 at 11:38 PM.
    U can step on the brake
    U can step on the gas
    But step on ur crank
    UR gonna get passed!

Thank you very much. That will help a lot.

IMO run the Chyslers. They seem to last longer and have better bite.