Detroit locker CTR Circle track Differential?

Post Detroit locker CTR Circle track Differential?

I have a car that is a drive through the corner car it doesnt slide in the corners. i am fast down the straight aways but slow in the corners. I was told to use a Detroit locker CTR Differential it would help me get in and out of the corners fast. I was wondering if anybody has used one to tell me if they work good ?

They work on asphalt but everyone that I know that has tried any of the traction units on dirt is back to running a spool.

it will stop the car from sliding... thats why they work on asphalt

the car isnt setup to slide tho my rear end keeps coming out on me its setup to drag race them in the straight aways and drive trough the corners all my weight is on my left front tire. it more less drives like a pavement car. when the rear end comes out like its doing it slows me down in the turns. im thinking the full spool is fighting me here is my setup if that helps
    springs LF 1000 RF1300 LR 250 RR220 2in wheel spacing on the front and 4in on the back

scales
    LF.860 RF.794
    LR.786 RR.669
    total 3109
    left 52.9
    Rear 46.7
    Cross 50.8
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 06-29-2010 at 08:32 PM.

need alot more rear, need to get to atleast 50% or no chance at hooking the rear tires. taking some gear out would help also.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnelly87 View Post
    the car isnt setup to slide tho my rear end keeps coming out on me its setup to drag race them in the straight aways and drive trough the corners all my weight is on my left front tire. it more less drives like a pavement car. when the rear end comes out like its doing it slows me down in the turns. im thinking the full spool is fighting me here is my setup if that helps
    springs LF 1000 RF1300 LR 250 RR220 2in wheel spacing on the front and 4in on the back

scales
    LF.860 RF.794
    LR.786 RR.669
    total 3109
    left 52.9
    Rear 46.7
    Cross 50.8

um, good luck with that, my suggestion would be learn how to drive the car in the corner, cause what your talking about isnt the best way around the track

take the right front spring out and throw it away, put in a 900lb, change the left rear spring to a 225lb, put a 200lb in the right rear, increase the rear percentage to 53 to 55 %

scales
    LF.860 RF.794
    LR.786 RR.669
    total 3109
    left 52.9
    Rear 46.7
    Cross 50.8

Default Detroit "CTR" Locker

I have a car that is a drive through the corner car it doesnt slide in the corners. i am fast down the straight aways but slow in the corners. I was told to use a Detroit locker CTR Differential it would help me get in and out of the corners fast. I was wondering if anybody has used one to tell me if they work good ?

The CTR unlocks the rear end on entry into corners when you lift the throttle. It allows the car to "roll through" the corner without the need for stagger (allows the tires to travel at different speeds freely) When you pick up the throttle it locks the rear end. Tire stagger goes away during a race. CTR's allow you to NOT depend on stagger. Sounds like you have a "tight" situation. Probably need to work on the front end. I have a CTR for sale. 9" 31 spline factory black spring. $400 [email protected]