tnt race cars

Thread: tnt race cars

Default tnt race cars

how good or his cars in what is it a copy off for this year heard it was close to a masterbuilt but not sure would like some info on his cars time to bye new for next year

Quote Originally Posted by racer99fan View Post
    how good or his cars in what is it a copy off for this year heard it was close to a masterbuilt but not sure would like some info on his cars time to bye new for next year
    Around here, SC/GA they are really good. I've heard in the past you could specify what you wanted a copy of, ie Barry Wright, Masters, whatever. Now I understand its his own creation with influences from a couple of brands, but that's just what I've heard. Does it really matter who he copied, if he did? I mean you either feel confident what he's building will work for you or you don't. If you don't, then you should go with what you believe in, because the mental game counts. JMO
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

NO it does matter what he copied so you have a starting point for setups. some people lean towards a masters while other may prefer a grt, etc... adn when your buying a copy then you need to know a direction before you invest thousands of dollars in a chassis. anyone that can weld run a tubing notcher and a bender can assemble a chassis it takes understanding of the whats going on with the geometry underneath to plant it on the ground and being wrong the first time out in a car with over 400 horses on wet dirt can be critical if you plan on bringing it back in one piece.

if your that worried.... go buy the real deal

Default tnt

im sure in the beginning it was a copy of something and the argument of who designed what could go on forever... that said i promise you it's nothing like a new masters smackdown or gen-x. Don't let the price tag or the fact that they seem like a smaller operation fool you either. They're new car is a quality piece that drives really well. I had the opportunity to drive the house car once earlier this year and was pretty darn impressed. For the money and the quality it's the best deal out there as far as bang for your buck and a really good driving race car. The same money won't get you as good a car from rocket/mastersbilt/grt etc. etc. Oh i forgot too mention i don't own one i have a Victory Circle. Great people focused on putting good racers in theyre stuff and trying to get better all the time!

if your not that worried about it then your not taking it serious. why not just buy any chassis form anyone that comes along. and for the record I do buy the real deal from Rocket. but trusting someone to weld up a geometrically correct copy is like asking a two year old to cook chilli......sure theyll get the pot hot but what about the flavor quality. last time i looked at a jig they dont exactly have a suspension bracket mount that ensures it is in the same place every time at least not at a repair center so what insurance do you have that what is copied is functionally the same as the original product......NONE. so what do you tell your shock man when you are ordering shocks? what length of bars do you order? where do you measure for your ride heights? and how do they affect this chassis versus what wouldve been under the real deal. winning races takes more than just understanding the adjustments to tighten or loosen, get more or less drive.....you need input from the manufacturer as to what that car will do or act like. when its a copy things will inherently be different and that can paint a different picture in terms of weight percentages, adjustments, etc......also what garantee do you have that the copy actually uses the same pattern for bar holes? none and if not how much different wil this be than what the real thing wouldve been?, the original piece at least had a manufacturer with setup advice where a copy is anyones best guess.
    Last edited by supercomet32; 08-31-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Default Take a chill pill.

Look, bottom line if your looking for an inexpensive clone of something specific I'm sure you can find one out there. If you Rocket is your flavor there is Russel Brown Race Cars in South Georgia that makes a great copy. If you want a Masters copy, try Walter Newman in Augusta Georgia. My point about TNT is that you don't need to know what he copied or what inspired him to build his cars in order to race one. TNT has the setups already, that win on their particular car. TNT builds a good car at a good price and they seem to be real well suited to crate racing. You don't need to know what he might have copied, you can get the setup right from the horses mouth. JMO
    Last edited by F22 RAPTOR; 08-31-2010 at 11:18 AM.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

i don't know much about them,but I am getting a beat down from one on a regular basis.

not puting his cars down will any thing fit off the masterbuilt cars if not i need to no for i can bye a roller form him not going back with a masterbuilt in dont like the new rocket are out in dont like rayburns it will be a new tnt or a new grt for next year

Quote Originally Posted by supercomet32 View Post
    if your not that worried about it then your not taking it serious. why not just buy any chassis form anyone that comes along. and for the record I do buy the real deal from Rocket. but trusting someone to weld up a geometrically correct copy is like asking a two year old to cook chilli......sure theyll get the pot hot but what about the flavor quality. last time i looked at a jig they dont exactly have a suspension bracket mount that ensures it is in the same place every time at least not at a repair center so what insurance do you have that what is copied is functionally the same as the original product......NONE. so what do you tell your shock man when you are ordering shocks? what length of bars do you order? where do you measure for your ride heights? and how do they affect this chassis versus what wouldve been under the real deal. winning races takes more than just understanding the adjustments to tighten or loosen, get more or less drive.....you need input from the manufacturer as to what that car will do or act like. when its a copy things will inherently be different and that can paint a different picture in terms of weight percentages, adjustments, etc......also what garantee do you have that the copy actually uses the same pattern for bar holes? none and if not how much different wil this be than what the real thing wouldve been?, the original piece at least had a manufacturer with setup advice where a copy is anyones best guess.
    That sounds like a sketchy repair center. Any jigs I have put my car on have had locators for all the suspension pick-up points.

I have driven one they have excellent drive on a slick track,great sidebite and thier workmanship is second to none,they are great people and go out of thier way to help people,i do not own one of thier cars but if there were alot more out there people would have more info to exchange ,Tony has always been available whenever i had a question,Very good people to deal with and for the money you wont find a better car

I will tell you that you will not meet nicer people. Tony told me he could build you a copy of anything you wanted, but the cars he builds now are their own geometry design. Call them and get a price...I PROMISE you won't find a better car for the money! TNT (423) 538-9868 and talk to Tony or Jensen. I own a GRT, but if I ever could afford a new car it would be a TNT hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Steele View Post
    I will tell you that you will not meet nicer people.
    I agree 100%!