FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

October 28, 2010

Brian Birkhofer Cashes $15,000 in Fall Classic at Whynot; Closes Season at Magnolia this Weekend!

(MUSCATINE, IOWA) The Birkhofer Racing team scored their sixth victory of the 2010 campaign over the October 22-23 weekend at the Whynot Motorsports Park in Meridian, Mississippi! The 16th Annual 'Coors Light Fall Classic' kicked off at Whynot on Friday night and Brian Birkhofer laid down the fastest lap in his group during the qualifying session. Brian then bested Ronny Lee Hollingsworth and Scott Bloomquist in his stacked heat race to record the convincing prelim triumph.

When action heated back up on Saturday evening, the Muscatine, Iowa native rolled off from the inside of the second row in the 100-lap 'Coors Light Fall Classic.' Brian, who won the event back in 2008 in his only other visit to Whynot, ran strong early in the race before stalking leader Chris Wall. The driver known as the "Muscatine Madman" eventually grabbed the top spot from Wall on lap 62 and led the remainder of the 'Coors Light Fall Classic.' Brian scored the $15,000 payday by beating Billy Moyer, Chris Wall, Mike Marlar, and Dale McDowell to the checkers. Full results from the unsanctioned program at Whynot can be located online at www.whynotmotorsportspark.com.

“I don’t know what it is about that place (Whynot), but I guess my driving style and setup on the car suits it pretty well to be two-for-two in the win column,” exclaimed Birkhofer today via telephone. “It wasn’t easy that is for sure. My car was pretty balanced and I finally found a groove that I really liked in the middle of the track and took the lead from Chris Wall. Then to hold off Billy Moyer for the win really made the victory extra sweet. He has had a phenomenal year, so I had to race my tail off those last thirty laps to keep him behind me. Hopefully, we can close out the year at Magnolia this weekend with another strong run, which would send us into the off-season on a high note!”

Another $15,000 to win event will greet the #15b team this upcoming weekend (October 29-30) in the state of Mississippi. Brian will visit the Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi for the first time this weekend for the 7th Annual ‘Cotton Pickin 100.’ The unsanctioned program at the “Mag” will start on Friday night with qualifying and heat race action. Saturday’s portion of the ‘Cotton Pickin 100’ weekend will be headlined by the consolation races and the 100-lap main event. Additional information on the season finale for the Birkhofer Racing team can be found by clicking on www.magnoliamotorspeedway.net.

View the latest dirt on the Birkhofer Racing team all year long by accessing www.brianbirkhoferracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com