Exclamation CP100 Practice Report-Close to 60 SLMs! STACKED & JACKED Star Studded Field On Hand!!

Awesome field of racers at Magnolia Motor Speedway Thursday nite for practice for the Cotton Pickin 100. Many more on the way!

Super Late Model racers at the track included:

Nationally recognized and travelling superstars:
    Billy Moyer
    Brad Neat
    Brian Birkhofer
    Josh McGuire
    Jimmy Mars
    Dennis Erb
    Dale McDowell
    Jimmy Mars
    Mikey Marlar
    Shane Clanton
    Ray Cook
    Jonathan Davenport
    Chris Wall
    Wendell Wallace
    Bub McCool
    Tony Knowles
    Clint Smith
    Eric Wells

MARS, MLRA, MSRA, SUPR racers:
    Jeremy Payne
    Terry Phillips
    Billy Moyer, Jr.
    Robbie Stuart
    Gary Scott Christian
    Patrick Daniel
    Jesse Stovall
    Eric Turner
    Stacy Taylor
    Dwayne Hottinger

Local and Regional Stars from the PRO Series, MSCCS, and SRRS:
    Anthony Burroughs,
    Ronnie Lee Hollingsworth
    David Breazeale
    The Rickmans
    Chad Thrash
    Dane Dacus
    Leon Henderson
    Justin Carter
    Scott Dedwylder
    Johnny Stokes
    The Cliburns
    The Byars
    King
    Hunter Carroll
    Joey McKinney
    Tollison
    Jason Brock
    Ray Mauldin
    Mark Dodson
    Jason Downs

Please don’t miss this event.
    Super Late Models $15,000 to win!
    Crate Late Models $2,500 to win
    Street Stocks $1,000 to win
    Qualifying and heats Friday Nite
    B-Mains and 100 Lap Cotton Pickin 100 Saturday Nite

Plus OWM and Mini Stocks on Saturday

For more info visit www.magnoliamotorspeedway.net

Smile Hmmmm???

Wonder why the "economy" is not affecting the Cotton-Pickin 100 in Mississippi like it did the 2010 DTWC that was held in West Virginia????? They already have more super late models than the DTWC had. Please remember this race only pays $15K versus $50k for the DTWC held in West VA. Look at those names folks!!!

What are you trying to say? Is there another race within 300 miles?

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    Wonder why the "economy" is not affecting the Cotton-Pickin 100 in Mississippi like it did the 2010 DTWC that was held in West Virginia????? They already have more super late models than the DTWC had. Please remember this race only pays $15K versus $50k for the DTWC held in West VA. Look at those names folks!!!
    Pretty good indication that there is no loyalty or respect in racing anymore. Used to be the best of the best came to the big shows and plenty others to stand up and challenge them. It is pathetic that the guy who first put up the real big money gets dumped on (and the fans) by Birkhofer, Mars, et al. These same cats won't even come to Charlotte for a TV race. I also like the defense of Birkhofer skipping a show because a sponsor wanted him to race elsewhere. Look on the side of his car. Reckon where the Hilton Head Golf Course is at?

Good businessmen, perhaps. Real racers....NO.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Slick01.............First of all....NO driver "HAS TO" race anywhere on any given weekend....except the few "Outlaws" that follow the World of Rockets Series!!!! Did you ever think that maybe some of the drivers that were not at the DTWC this year didn't go there because they maybe went to that track earlier in the year to "test" for the DTWC and realized that track is a DUMP!!!!! What a JOKE for a "Crown Jewel" event!!! Oh wait.........there may have been a couple (2 or 3) passes within the Top 3 in the Feature......WOW.................BORING!!!!! Who wants to watch a 100 lap feight train, follow the leader circus at a $hithole!!??! They should move the DTWC back up North...where people know how to prep a track for a 100 lap Feature!!! I applaud those drivers who stayed home or raced elsewhere that weekend....they were smart!!!
    Last edited by UMPLM99s; 10-29-2010 at 10:30 PM.

This thread topic is for Cotton Pickin 100 RESULTS!!!!! This isn't the topic for the DTWC lovers!!!

Please kepp posting RESULTS for the COTTON PICKIN 100 HERE!!!! Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by UMPLM99s View Post
    This thread topic is for Cotton Pickin 100 RESULTS!!!!! This isn't the topic for the DTWC lovers!!!

Please kepp posting RESULTS for the COTTON PICKIN 100 HERE!!!! Thanx!
    I didn't realize you owned this thread. I responded to upagainit. He and I and others have had discussions before and don't have any issues, just different viewpoints. This is a forum, you want straight news/results wait for them elsewhere.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Here is my 2 cents worth, at the DTWC of the 50 some cars that were there I would guess that 35 had a shot at winning. I thought it was a very strong field of cars. I agree the race on Sat was not great. I still had a good time and will go back. Of the cars at The Cotton Picker how many cars have a real shot at winning?

slick01 do not appreciate your comment! Birkhofer and Mars are true honest racers and do not dump on anyone. They want to race and can race when and where they want to and all racers look at purse and what the chance is of finishing good and the cost to do it!

Smile Hmmmmm?

It is very clear what I was trying to say. Many, many people said the only reason they had 53 super late models at the 2010 DTWC held in West VA was mainly the "economy." This thread was started out talking about the number or cars and stars at the Cotton-Pickin 100 in Mississippi. I just wondered why this same "economy" was not affecting this race and track.

This race pays $15k and the 2010 DTWC held in West VA paid
    $50K.

I never did think it was the "economy" that affected the 2010 DTWC held in West VA. It is obvious what it was, "location, location, location."

Quote Originally Posted by Paulus28 View Post
    Here is my 2 cents worth, at the DTWC of the 50 some cars that were there I would guess that 35 had a shot at winning. I thought it was a very strong field of cars. I agree the race on Sat was not great. I still had a good time and will go back. Of the cars at The Cotton Picker how many cars have a real shot at winning?
    Probably 40+, and the racing will be a heck of a lot better than the DTWC too!

Quote Originally Posted by tennesseeracefan View Post
    Probably 40+, and the racing will be a heck of a lot better than the DTWC too!
    Completely agree! There will be a heck of a lot more drivers with a chance to win at Magnolia than at WVMS. Plus, the track is way easier on motors & equipment and the racing will be 10x better.

I dont remember any cars or motors tore up at the DTWC.