Default Lazer vs. Rocket

I was thinking about changing from Rocket to Lazer. What are your opinions on which chassis I would be happier with (quality, tech support, etc)?

i've never owned a rocket but this is why i run lazers: i've never seen better workmanship in a late model chassis except maybe a bwrc. they are an hour and fifteen min from my shop, I can have a car jigged and clipped in one morning or one afternoon. they have a very large parts inventory, I can't remember, if ever they have had to order something i needed and the prices are competetive. they have their own in-house shock program and tech support. they are innovative and up to date with technologies. when you call in there, you can speak to jim, the owner, at any time and is almost always available. if you don't spend any money with him or spend thousands upon thousands you are treated with the same respect.
    my reasons are mostly logistical except for the fact that my area is flooded with rockets and i like to be different. all my neighbors mow their yards with a john deere so i use a kubota. if i had richards, ruhlman or shaw, etc. in my back yard it may be a different story though.
    i certainly don't believe that any particular chassis is more capable of winning over another. the modern 4 link cars are all built around the same basic principle. some chassis' may suit a particular driver over another though. if you run a blue front rocket now, the transition should be easy as a driver. the rest is about what makes sense for you.

Think about it carefully! Rocket is a very successfull nation wide builder with winners and champions all over the country! Lazer is a regional builder at best. I know some very good drivers that tried Lazer and could not wait to get rid of them. To each his own though!

There are people successfully running both chassis. Lots and lots of Rockets right now.

After owning several Lazers and now in a Rocket....hands down Rocket... sorry Flyin Jimmy

this post could be interesting if someone would say WHY rocket is the way to go. i'm sure the successful rocket owners out there didn't make their decision because they think josh's unibrow is sexy. i don't consider the amount of cars sold or who drives them to be valid in MY descision criteria. if you're in a field of 18 "brand x" chassis, odds are a "brand x" is going to win. if steve francis comes to your local track, it wouldn't matter what brand of chassis he runs, odds are he will beat you.

Ok since you put it that way. First off I would not buy a Rocket. Your choice was between a Rocket and Laser. Between those 2 I would take a rocket because of the tech behind the name. Laser cars are basicly the chassis of the week deal! His cars started off as a copy and evolved around what ever was good at the time. In my area guys have brought them because of a promise they were given that never came to be and they got rid of them in droves. I will say Jim does have great workmanship, but his cars don't work in this area. If you have anymore questions be specific and I will try to answer you.

That was not the question the question was which would I be happier with. Sounds like you already have your mind made up

Hey bwels25, What ever happened to the Rayburns? Seemed like you went better in them than the Rockets.

Well the 4 times we took it out cams broke in 3 of them checking into a billet steel cam