Default Ivedent Lloyd Captures Second Career SAS Victory in Cochran’s Southern 50

By: Kelley Carlton

Cochran, GA – Ivedent Lloyd, Jr. last visited the Southern All Stars VP Race Fuels Victory Lane back in June of 2008 at Mountain Raceway Park. The Ocala, Florida driver, who went on to win his second consecutive SAS Championship in 2008, has only made a handful of starts in the two years that have followed. Lloyd, making his first appearance of 2010, returned to VP Victory Lane on Saturday night after capturing the Southern 50 at Cochran Motor Speedway in Cochran, Georgia. His victory was worth $5000. In doing so Lloyd also put a Snow Brothers Chassis into the SAS Winners Circle for the first time in the series' 28 year history. “We had a very good car tonight. I can say enough about our Snow Brothers Chassis. They don’t have many guys running them in super late model races but I am very happy with ours. I have run them a lot in my career and they are very comfortable for me. And they definitely can compete. It feels good to get a win with these guys. I love running with the Southern All Stars. We are planning on running a lot more of them next year now that we have our super program back up to where we need it.” Lloyd said after his triumph.

At the outset of the event, local racer Phillip Pittman grabbed the point from his outside pole starting spot with Weaver giving chase. Pittman held the lead over the first five laps until Weaver made a sweeping pass around the outside of turns one and two. Lloyd, who started in the third position, made the move by Pittman through the next set of corners on the same lap and set after Weaver. Lloyd had some help in cutting the margin when Weaver began to encounter heavy lapped traffic. “Our car really began to tighten up and I had trouble keeping the car around the bottom. We probably used up a little more than I should have to get the lead back but I wasn’t sure how long the track was going to good enough to pass on. I knew when I saw Ivedent stick his nose under me over there in turn four he was going to be hard to hold off. But it was another good points night for us so we will take it and move on to Cleveland.” Weaver said of his run.

Lloyd powered by Weaver just a few laps prior to the halfway point and then began to open up a huge lead. But a late race caution flag allowed Weaver to restart right on Lloyd’s rear deck. “I got a little worried when we had the yellow. My car had started to get tight through the center of the corners and I was afraid Weaver might be able to use the same move that I had used on him earlier to drive back by me. But we were able to get away enough to hold him off. I want to thank J.B. and my dad and all the guys who work on our car. Tonight was a lot of fun and everything went our way. We are excited about next year with Wells Brother’s Farms backing us and Roush-Yates power in our Snow Brothers’ Chassis.” Lloyd commented.

Notes: Lloyd’s Snow Brothers Racing Chassis is powered by a Roush-Yates Racing Engine and is sponsored by Wells Brothers Farms, Marion Machine and Tool, Hoosier Tire South and Dent’s Racing Products. The event drew 21 cars representing 6 different states. SAS enacted a limited compound tire rule for this South Georgia event. The track announced it was making plans with the series to host a large purse event in the spring of 2011.

Unofficial Finish – Pending Tire Testing Results

1) 21 Ivedent Lloyd, 2)116 Randy Weaver, 3)3 Phillip Pitman, 4)3 Chesley Dixon, 5)27 Ben Faircloth, 6)4T Tommy Kerr, 7)31 Scott Creel, 8)104 Monk Gulledge, 9)3 Mike Collins, 10)2D Bob Robertson, 11)55 Duane Treadwell, 12)21 Benji Cole, 13)98 Casey Barrow, 14)A19 Jake Knowles, 15)17 Ricky Williams, 16)55 Jeremy Ledford, 17)F1 Keith Freeman, 18)40 Marvin Cook, 19)18 Matt Dooley, 20)00 Freddy Smith 21)16 Brian Nuttall, Jr. - VP Racing Fuel Fast Time: Weaver 15.548 seconds, Hoosier Tire South B-Main Winner: Benji Cole
    Last edited by Southern Allstars PR; 11-02-2010 at 02:40 PM.

Was Benji Cole still utilizing the FASTRAK kit 415 Super Late model engine?
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Thread has been updated with complete story and results.