Thread: what 4412?

Default what 4412?

Im trying to decide which carb to purchase a willys or a VDL. I have heard great things about both.

I've had good luck with JDR performance carbs out of Missouri. Alot less money than the other big guys. They built my 4412 gasser and 4412 E85 carbs. John is great to work with and alway willing to help with any tech questions.

JDR Performance
    Marshfield, MO 65706
    417-859-2353
    info@jdrperformance.com

I have a gauge legal 4412 from Kinetic Performance out of New York for sale. It is BY FAR the best carb I have ever owned (I'm NOT saying this just so that I can sell it!!!). I sent my motor information with the carb and after bolting it on it has required ZERO adjustments. I bought 2 becuase we have a claim rule. My cousin was having carb problems with his WILLYS, so I let him run mine for the last 3 races...NO MORE carb problems.

The one I'm selling has 3 nights on it since I recieved it from KP. You will not be disappointed! $400shipped anywhere in the US. Check out thedirtforum.com to see how much people appreciate this guys work! Only reason I am selling is that I am going to a crate next year and will be running a 4 barrel. call or text 573-259-1197
    Last edited by dluna11w; 11-03-2010 at 10:39 AM.

vdl is best in my testing. very close to a willys though..only a few hp difference. both were better than braswell. kinetic performance wasnt even in the ballpark..

I second on the Kinetic Performance Carbs!!! I have 2-350cfm and 1-500 cfm from KP. I would compare these carb to the willys. Well worth the money. Good guy to deal with too and knowledgable. Also check out thedirtforum.com and do a search for kinetic performance or KPLugnut is his username on the thedirtforum.
    Last edited by TeamTerminator; 11-03-2010 at 10:36 AM.

not every casting of a 4412 is legal. there is one of the four that is a 20cfm larger by design. Ive had many peopel nto realize this come through tech when i was a tech only to find out that the brand new noticably unaltered stock 4412 was NOT guage legal. teh only way to know for sure is buy a guage adn check it. that or buy the reference sheet for all castings of the 4412.

My question is this? If its a 4412 carb rule then shouldn't the gauge fit legal 4412 carbs? If a factory 4412 casted original untouched holley carb came with 1 1/2 venturi and 1 3/4 butterflies shouldn't it be legal? Maybe your guage is too small? lol Alot of these box stock holleys are smaller than advertised....................
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

The devils in the details....or wording. If the rule is a wide open stock 4412 rule and nothings specific then id find the casting that is 20cfm bigger. If the rule gives a specific guage or sizing then make sure you have one of the 3 castings that are the normal 500cfm. i believe it is the -4 but you will need to find the 4412 design sheet from holley to know which 4412 has the larger flow

Quote Originally Posted by bmodracer View Post
    I've had good luck with JDR performance carbs out of Missouri. Alot less money than the other big guys. They built my 4412 gasser and 4412 E85 carbs. John is great to work with and alway willing to help with any tech questions.

JDR Performance
    Marshfield, MO 65706
    417-859-2353
    info@jdrperformance.com
    X2! Good stuff.