Default modified rear suspension setups

I am doing some research on modifieds, i have raced sprint cars for 20 yrs. What type of rear suspension setup do you think is best and why. Also keep in mind that this will be for a driver/crew that is new to this type of car. Modifieds are very different from sprints in that virtually every sprint car in the world runs the same suspension. Thanks for your help, I look forward to your replies.

Bob Shutt

Are you running IMCA,UMP, What tire are you going to be on?

In your case a swing arm or maybe a 4bar/z-link chassis.4 bar cars are good but you can dial your self out very easy. the 4 bar left rear/ z link right rear is very popular the one I drove for another guy my first year in a mod was touchy to adjust small changes went a long way just like a 4/4 bar car.the swingarm cars are sprung stiffer and have a ton of bite and easier to adjust if your wanting to compete with the 4/4 bar guy's I fill the swingarm is your best shot as a new drive in the class.

ps look for a chevelle clipped chassis.

Bob I have 2 very nice cars for sale I'm quitting racing. Call me if you may be interested. Either car can be turn key or rolling chassis. Day phone cell# 270-841-2691 evening phone shop# 618-524-2508

racin6mod is not leading you wrong. If you are going to race mods for a while why not skip a step and learn the 4 bar deal from the beginning? My first modified was a swing arm car when I switched to 4/4 I liked it better. Not saying I'm right or wrong just my experience. Your chassis builder should be able to give you a base setup that will get you around the track.