FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

November 4, 2010

Brian Birkhofer Celebrates 2010 Finale in Victory Lane at Magnolia Motor Speedway!

(MUSCATINE, IOWA) Brian Birkhofer and his #15b team closed out their version of the 2010 racing season by celebrating their seventh triumph of the year in the 7th Annual 'Cotton Pickin 100' at the Magnolia Motor Speedway in Columbus, Mississippi! The unsanctioned showdown on October 29-30 drew a stout 73 car field to "The Mag," all of whom were gunning for the $15,000 top prize. Brian kicked off his weekend on Friday night by timing in fourth fastest in Group B and later finishing second in his heat race behind winner Mike Marlar. The Muscatine, Iowa native was fortunate to even finish his preliminary race, as he trailed smoke throughout the event due to a severe oil leak.

After swapping out powerplants on Saturday, Brian rolled off from the outside of the fourth row in the 'Cotton Pickin 100.' He methodically worked his way towards the front of the stellar field in the first half of the race before overtaking leader Mike Marlar for the point on lap 58. "Birky" then led the remainder of the 100-lapper to secure the $15,000 payday in his season finale by defeating Marlar, Shane Clanton, Billy Moyer, and David Breazeale. Full results from the Magnolia Motor Speedway can be found online at www.magnoliamotorspeedway.net.

“If there was another big race in Mississippi this upcoming weekend, I probably would have extended my season for another week,” joked Birkhofer following his back-to-back $15,000 victories in the Magnolia State! “Our trip down south went very, very well, aside from the mechanical problem in the heat race last Friday night in Columbus. I usually never run a motor that long when it is smoking like that, but I knew that was my only shot to make the race. It all worked out for the best I guess and we wound up having a great car in the 100-lapper on Saturday. I have to thank all of my family, crew, and great sponsors for all of their support throughout the season and it feels really good to finish the year on such a strong note for all of them!”

2010 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS:
51 Races Entered – 7 Wins – 21 Top Fives – 32 Top Tens
8 Televised Races Entered – 0 Wins – 2 Top Fives – 3 Top Tens

* $20,000 ‘Black Diamond’ Victory at the Tyler County (WV) Speedway
* $15,000 ‘Fall Classic’ Victory at the Whynot (MS) Motorsports Park
* $15,000 ‘Cotton Pickin 100’ Victory at the Magnolia (MS) Motor Speedway
* $10,000 ‘Black Diamond’ Victory at the Tyler County (WV) Speedway
* $10,000 Unsanctioned Victory at the West Liberty (IA) Raceway
* $10,000 UMP Summer Nationals Victory at the Cedar Lake (WI) Speedway
* $3,000 ‘Uncle Sam 30’ Victory at the Lernerville (PA) Speedway
* Finished Second in $15,000 ‘Yankee Dirt Track Classic’ at the Farley (IA) Speedway
* Finished Second in $10,000 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Event at the Bedford (PA) Speedway
* Finished Second in $10,000 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Event at the Lawrenceburg (IN) Speedway
* Finished Second in $10,000 ‘Tornado Tuesday’ at the Farley (IA) Speedway
* Finished Second in $10,000 ‘Tornado Tuesday’ at the West Liberty (IA) Raceway
* Finished Third in $10,000 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Event at the Bluegrass (KY) Speedway
* Finished Third in $10,000 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Event at the Lincoln (IL) Speedway
* Finished Third in $10,000 UMP Summer Nationals Event at the I-55 (MO) Raceway
* Finished Fourth in $20,000 ‘Illini 100’ at the Farmer City (IL) Raceway
* Finished Fourth in $10,000 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Event at the Tri-City (IL) Speedway
* Finished Fifth in $10,000 World of Outlaws Late Model Series Event at the Superior (WI) Speedway

View the latest dirt on the Birkhofer Racing team all year long by accessing www.brianbirkhoferracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com