Thread: best chassis?

Default best chassis?

I need opinions on who has the best handling chassis out in the last few years as far as the front suspension goes.

Our track is starting a limited mod class. Rules are a street stock style motor, 3 link or stacked leafs ONLY, no birdcages or brake floaters, ump mod rules otherwise.

I am going to convert whatever I get over to a 3 link (if its not already a 3 link), but I want some folks opinions on who has got the front figured out the best. I ain't worried about new cars, but maybe 2 to 4 year old chassis.

In your case a dirtworks mite be a good choice due to the rear mounts are already designed to be interchangeable from 4 bar to 3 link or even swingarm just change out the lower plug. the shock mount are arealy in place. most limited classes that mandate 3 link or leaf springs also give a minimum lower bar length of 19 inches and that would be hard to do with some chassis.

What tire are you going to be running, might make a difference. Allen,Harris,Hoffman and others all have winning B-mod type chassis with the IMCA tire or AR kk704. I know Allen has a good front end, pretty sure the others do also. Good luck.

UMP mod tires and there is no lenth requirement on lowers, just have to be within 1/2" of each other in length.

I have a Dirt Works DW-8 2001 set up with a IMCA sport mod 3 link for $ 2500 . all you need a motor and clutch , E-mail jandlpaulson@aol.com for more information and pics.

I had a buddy that ran a GRT on three link a couple of years ago. It was a real fast car right out of the box. Won his fair share against the 4 bar cars. It was on a swing arm on the left rear and spring on top on the right rear. Only change he would make is put a 93 shock behind the rear end when the track was heavy. Then pull it off when the track slicked off and put a tie down shock on the right front. That car would fly around that 1/4!