K-C Raceway Results FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thompson Two-for-Two, Brandon Furniss Hot in 4-Cylinders
Kyle Purdy Pounds K-C Enduro

By Scott Wolfe
CHILLICOTHE, OHIO- It was a wild November night on the high banks of K-C Raceway where young Brandon Thompson claimed his second straight Hobby Stock win, Brandon Furniss, Sardinia, Ohio claimed the Four Cylinder main, and Kyle Purdy took the 100-lap Enduro.
Track Champion Jamie Adams blitzed the field for the first 15 laps in the 20-lap Hobby Stock main, but after a lap 15 caution Adams began to slow as Thompson jumped up beside him on the restart. Thompson and John Powell waltzed on by as Adams slowed on the backchute with a flat tire.
Thompson roared on to the win with Powell in hot pursuit. Thompson, however, had what it took to secure the win, his second straight in his 16T Whiteman Chassis.
Said Thompson in victory lane, "I guess I'm lucky tonight, but it sure feels good. I heard John behind me, but figured if I kept my line I could hold him off."
Thompson went on to thank "Mom and Dad and all my fans and crew. Also, Thanks to my sponsors Whiteman Chassis, Thompson Trucking, Hunter Trucking, Diamond Stone, Racoon Farms, and Advance Auto Parts and special thanks to my grandpa."
Adams dominated early and literally blitzed the competition only to suffer bad luck three-quarters of the way through the race. Thompson took over as he and Powell blitzed hard way ahead of the pack. Evan Seitz suffered a flat tire on the start and went to the tail, but his run to the fron was spectacular. Seitz charged from 12th to 5th just behind Tim Cutler and David Dunn. Rounding out the top ten were Richie Trego, Jack Martin, Jamey Adams, Brandon Mather, and Ken Arledge.
The Four Cylinder main took much of the same script. Steve Cruse was on "Cruise Control" much of the first 75% of the event only to have mechanical difficulties send him pitside. Brandon Furniss who had a good run going was the beneficiary and stormed on to the win. Furniss of Sardinia, turned up the heat in holding of the challenges of Sean Jones.
Rounding out the top ten were Furniss, Sean Jones, Rusty Yarger, Jeff Watson, Zach Ackley, Todd Ervin, Eric Weaver, Kyle Purdy, Jeremy Queen, and Kevin Riggs. The hard charger of the event was Zach Ackley who won the B-main in a 15-car field, then advanced from 17th to 5th in the feature.
“Thanks to all my crew, they are all here in victory lane and thanks to K-C for having us. The speeds are a lot different than we are used to but it was a blast.”
The K-C 100 Enduro was a huge success as 25 enduro cars and drivers took to the K-C high banks. The first 50 laps the drivers went the traditional counter clockwise, then at the half way mark turned it around.
Kyle Purdy led both halves of the event, but Brad Miller gave him a run for the money in the first 50 laps. The early leader (27 laps was )Rusty Hawes, but his mount suffered mechanical failure as Purdy took the lead. Purdy led the remainder of the remaining 23 laps, except for a brief 5-lap lead exchange from Hawes. Casey Goodman was consistent all night long as Purdy, Hawes, and Goodman lined up for the lap-50 restart.
Greg Funk, Joe Bechtle, Fred McCluskey, and Syn Judd had great runs, but when the finish shuffled down to an end Kyle Purdy, Syn Judd, and Casey Goodman were the first three to cross the line. Rex Smith, Jr. was the co-driver of the winning entry.
K-C is making big plans for the 2011 season with several discussions for big-events on the table as well as planning for the 2010 banquet in January. More infor will be announced soon.

The summary-

Four Cylinders
Heat One- Jeff Watson, Todd Ervin, Eric Weaver, Mike Arthurs, Kyle Purdy, Randy Johnson, Kevin Wills, Dave Slane (DNS)
Heat Two- Brandon Furniss, Dustin Gatwood, Josh Queen, Kevin Riggs, Vonley Jordon, Matthew Smith, Shelby Millins, Derick Davis
Heat Three- Steve Cruse, Rusty Yarger, Jeremy Queen, Trevor Moffit, Gage Aldridge, Keith Anderson, Zack Ackley (DNS), Kevin Riggs (DNS)
Heat Four- Sean Jones, Kyle Payne, Joey Johnson, Matt Brown, Jeb Louder, Calvin Fyffe, Jason Hoskins (DNS), Estil Scarberry (DNS)
B-Main- Zach Ackley, Kyle Purdy, Trevor Moffitt, Randy Johnson, Kevin Willis, Shelby Mullins, Volney Jordan, Jeb Louder, Keith Anderson, Kevin Riggs, Matt Smith (DNS), Calvin Fyffe (DNS), Jason Hoskins (DNS), Dave Slane (DNS), Derek Davis (DNS), Estel Scarberry (DNS)
Feature- Brandon Furniss, Sean Jones, Rusty Yarger, Jeff Watson, Zach Ackley, Todd Ervin, Eric Weaver, Kyle Purdy, Jeremy Queen, Kevin Riggs, Randy Johnson, Gage Aldridge, Kyle Payne, Steve Cruse, Joey Johnson, John Queen, Dustin Gatwood, Matt Brown, Mike Arthurs, Trevor Moffitt (DNS)

Dan Reno Hobby Stocks
Heat One- Brandon Mathers, Tim Cutler, Ritchie Trego, Ken Arledge, Jason Holstein, Patrick Park (DNS)
Heat Two- Jamey Adams, Brandon Thompson, John Powell, David Dunn, Jack Martin, Evan Seitz
Feature- Brandon Thompson, John Powell, Tim Cutler, David Dunn, Evan Seitz, Richie Trego, Jack Martin, Jamey Adams, Brandon Mather, Ken Arledge (DNS), Jason Holstein (DNS), Patrick Park (DNS)

Enduro- Kyle Purdy, Syn Judd, Casey Goodman

Other Enduro participants-Bob Crace, Rusty Hawes, Rick French, Aaron Forcum, Chuck Hicks, Chris Galloway, Ray Scott, Derek Cartee, Justin Poling, Joe Bechtle, Keith Lally, Sean Finneran, Warren Ison, Zach Dunn, Herman Swisher, Brad Miller, Greg Funk, Fred McCluskey, Joey Liles, Dan Sherey, Tyler Barker, Kyle Bowles