Default If I came first in formula racing school will any team will take me ?

I want to become a f1 driver but i don't have enough money to make my own team and race so i want a team to race with? I also want to know what are the things that a team can give me?

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    I want to become a f1 driver but i don't have enough money to make my own team and race so i want a team to race with? I also want to know what are the things that a team can give me?
    I hear you buddy, I've been trying for several years to get my own DLM team off the ground after racing for 10 years in karts and working for several teams. Most F1 racers if not all come thru karts, Michael Schumacher did it that way, as well as the last 5 F1 champions. Schumacher had a practice road coarse his father built at there home so he and his brother could perfect their skills. There are videos on youtube.com of him practicing as a teen you can check out. Without knowing your age or background I'd say the driving school is a good place to start, but F1 is 100% road coarse, so getting a background in road coarse karting is vital to your success in that world. You also need to move to Europe for the best chance of success. You could kart race in the U.S. with the WKA and aim for Indy cars and try to bridge to F1 that way, but not many drivers make it that way, but it has happened. Bottom line, you need to start a fitness program NOW if you don't have one and save any money you can to purchase a road race kart and start at the bottom and try to get noticed. We all have dreams, I wish you the best. If you want it, go after it, but it will demand major personal sacrifice, hard work and a lot of luck.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

thanks for all the good post , i like all information and discussion here 8)

Default Race

Today competition is increasing. I like all the posts here.
    John
    Heatpad