Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Congrats Kentucky Colonel.
    8/13/16

Great racing. Lots of good drivers. Track drags out program too long. Ridiculous!

Congrats to steve & crew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe EAMS should run more lower classes last chance races on Saturday night that has run earlier in the day or sportsman and crates that has qualified .Running two of these last chance races classes on Saturday would move it up a hour or so on Sunday plus less wear on the track Sunday.I am not being negative great show for the money and it is all up to you how long you want to be there .It has being going on long enought you pretty much know the show. They have tweaked the show somewhat the last 3 years it has a helped alot .I know the 3 classes that run on Saturday and are done has to love it .

Stickman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWERLADY View Post
    FRANCES WINS! WTG Steve & Crew! Marlar 2nd!
    That Estes power treated him right! Good job you guys. I'm tempted to stop in the shop and see whats cooking everytime I drive down the bypass.

Yup! Whatever they need to do to get the big one started at sundown. I can't find one person that wants to be sittin' around listening to a half a$$ band like Whiskey Bent while they wet the track. But I know they have to entertain the fans to do so. 90% want to be gettin' home by 8:00 on Sunday. I remember when they ran the race in the daytime. I know it makes for better racing at night with a wetter, slicker track. And it was wet! But they need to plan it better so the race starts by 6:00-6:30.

Quote Originally Posted by gdaagent View Post
    Yup! Whatever they need to do to get the big one started at sundown. I can't find one person that wants to be sittin' around listening to a half a$$ band like Whiskey Bent while they wet the track. But I know they have to entertain the fans to do so. 90% want to be gettin' home by 8:00 on Sunday. I remember when they ran the race in the daytime. I know it makes for better racing at night with a wetter, slicker track. And it was wet! But they need to plan it better so the race starts by 6:00-6:30.
    Didn't it rain? The National 100 has been about the same for many, many years and I love it just the way it is. I applaud the Thomas family on continuing this wonderful event and maintaining the 100 lap format in this day of attention deficit fans who can't maintain interest for more than 30 or 40 laps.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Stickman Guest

I don't understand people who don't enjoy 100 lap races. Even when it's a single file no passing 100 lapper I still enjoy it. I'd watch a 200 lapper if there was one close to me.

Yeah, it did rain. Just enough to wet it and needed packing. The racing is always great and super fast. 100 lapper is great. It's how they drag the program out into the night that's a bummer. They could have started it at 6:30 when it got dark instead of 8:00. Sell a few more hot dogs and hamburgers. It may have taken two hours to get the track ready for the big race. They need to re arrange the program to allow for the two hours instead of horsing around with lower classes on Sunday afternoon. Drop the pony cars and junk classes on Sunday. The Super Street class couldn't run a green flag lap without bringing out a caution.

I've been to Eldora. They know how to run a program. No bullcrap.

ive been to evergreen speedway.
    mind freak (chuck greer)

Default LOL...dont drink next time dgaagent!!!!

Dgaagent....was you even at racetrack anytime sunday until the late models ran?

The Pony cars havent raced on sunday in over 3 years....The cruiser, pony and modifieds all run heats on friday, and mains on saturday.....Please be aware of what your talking about next time.

It actually ran quick this time....yea one class had trouble with making laps...4 main event ran to completion from 12:14 pm to 4:30 pm. And two of those were 50 lappers...

It was completely advertised that the late model race would be later in day. The show is always ran that way to give track prep time for the late models...do i like it anymore than you do...no i dont...i hate the track prep time as well...so what did i do? When the sportsman class finished....i got up and left....why? cause i didnt want to wait, thats my reason...but i wont gripe, i knew that when i went.

Why track prep anyway? I guess so that its not a one groove race track and wanting to put on a show for the fans...ok i get that...and understand that....

Im just glad we all got a place to go watch a race, and that the place isnt thinking of closing!!! Dont do anything to give them a reason to not wanna stay open....Keep supporting it or go play golf, or whatever else you like to do.

LETS KEEP RACING!!!

Does anyone have a full rundown. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by black cadillac View Post
    Does anyone have a full rundown. Thanks
    SLM FEATURE RESULTS

15 Steve Francis
    1g - Mike Marlar
    22 - William Thomas
    6 - Steve Shaver
    0 - Scott Bloomquist
    44 - Chris Madden
    1 - Will Vaught
    2 - Brady Smith
    20 - Jimmy Owens
    28 - Dennis Erb
    101 - Casey Roberts
    53 - Ray Cook
    44 - Clint Smith
    11 - Tyler Redd!ick
    44 - Rick Rogers
    55 - Terrance Nowell
    1 - Jack Sullivan
    21 - Ivedent Lloyd, Jr
    66 - Jody Knowles
    33 - Brian Reese
    11 - Lavon Sparks
    1w - Eric Wells
    15 - Mitch Fulford
    5 - Ronnie Johnson

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

looks like the 525 they been sounding off suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,go rj..mbr376

The CT525 was definitley not enough engine for sunday night. It's a great engine for daytime racing and really slick tracks. RJ won his consi earlier in the day when the race was run in the heat of the day and it was really dry slick. He almost got lapped early in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by gdaagent View Post
    Yeah, it did rain. Just enough to wet it and needed packing. The racing is always great and super fast. 100 lapper is great. It's how they drag the program out into the night that's a bummer. They could have started it at 6:30 when it got dark instead of 8:00. Sell a few more hot dogs and hamburgers. It may have taken two hours to get the track ready for the big race. They need to re arrange the program to allow for the two hours instead of horsing around with lower classes on Sunday afternoon. Drop the pony cars and junk classes on Sunday. The Super Street class couldn't run a green flag lap without bringing out a caution.

I've been to Eldora. They know how to run a program. No bullcrap.

Supers didn't do much better than the Super Streets! Should put a time limit on them too!
    I thought the whole 4 day show ran as scheduled other than the supers starting later because of track prep/driver introductions.
    Drop the "support" classes and you won't be seeing a National 100 in a few years.
    Hate to hear you won't be coming back next year!
    Gill T. Azell

Quote Originally Posted by bbb376 View Post
    looks like the 525 they been sounding off suxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,go rj..mbr376
    Nah, the track conditions didn't suit it that day, plain and simple. You can't win'em all.

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Did anybody get any pictures from this race?

Smile Did it Matter

Did it matter what kind of engine anyone had? I do not think anybody had anything for Steve Francis, he was clearly the class of the field. I was pulling for the "Nightmare" , but in my opinion, the Kentucky Colonel was in a class by himself Sunday night.

Been going for 14 years and plan on going back for many years to come.Thought the weekend was ran great except having to sit and listen to the gawd awful band. Please if we must sit and listen get someone who can sing. If not, would rather sit and listen to the water truck and packer cars make laps.