Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hey,thanks for the results Raptor. If you've been to enough races you should know things happen that drags it out that ain't necessarily the track's fault. I always prepare myself for anything so I won't be surprised when it happens. If I'm pushed for time like work or something I have planned I dang sure don't assume when a race is gonna finish up when making a decision. Anyway, I always pick and chose my travel races according to the quality of racing. I live a mile away from GVS and I go to the big races and eat dinner there as well as snacks,souvenirs or any way I can spend money to support the effort to put my 2 cents in for the cause. I guess what I'm asking, is this a track I should visit in the future because I've heard both good and bad.I've been to Atomic,Tazwell,The Gap,Bristol,N.Ga,Seven Flags,TST, Brunswick,Florence(this year) Rome,and Dixie which wasn't that good to me.Do you guys think I should add Phenix to the list? TIA

add to list cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by black cadillac View Post
    Hey,thanks for the results Raptor. If you've been to enough races you should know things happen that drags it out that ain't necessarily the track's fault. I always prepare myself for anything so I won't be surprised when it happens. If I'm pushed for time like work or something I have planned I dang sure don't assume when a race is gonna finish up when making a decision. Anyway, I always pick and chose my travel races according to the quality of racing. I live a mile away from GVS and I go to the big races and eat dinner there as well as snacks,souvenirs or any way I can spend money to support the effort to put my 2 cents in for the cause. I guess what I'm asking, is this a track I should visit in the future because I've heard both good and bad.I've been to Atomic,Tazwell,The Gap,Bristol,N.Ga,Seven Flags,TST, Brunswick,Florence(this year) Rome,and Dixie which wasn't that good to me.Do you guys think I should add Phenix to the list? TIA
    I know things happen, but when I go to EAMS for the National I know how its gonna be, I expect and look forward to three days of racing from breakfast to bedtime, I love EAMS. It's hard to say what someone else will like, the national 100 is a tradition for me going back to 1986, I've seen good and not so good. I grew up going to Seven Flags, Rome & Dixie, Rome is my favorite of the three, but I've seen good and bad at Dixie too. EAMS isn't typically a door 2 door multi-groove affair, the groove is up high and there are no walls except along the front stretch and around the pits. The main event usually has a lot of tires blow and people going over the bank, which shuffles the lineup. Now if Randle Chupp is running, then your in for a treat, he literally has his own line around the track and its pretty awesome.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

I had such a good time at EAMS. I take the time during the track prep break to grill some grub out in the parking lot with all the cronies, very fun bench racing with 'em.

Had a blast calling the race with ole Eschelmen, very fun. Got a number of calls saying I did a good job, thanks to all who called.

Just figures the Dirt Crow would tap out, mack, what is your deal these days? Have you no cashews anymore? It was a fun time down there, will be back next year and the next, I'll be takin' a dirt nap before I miss this show.

Late Model Mark

I can remember back in the late seventies when the whole show was over by 6 or 6:30.

Right somewhat but only 3 classes back then Latemodels -A cadet- B Cadet NOW 8 CLASSES 314 CARS verses mabye 60 wow how it has changed.