Default 108 vs. 110 Wheel base Modifieds, Opinions and reasons?

108 vs. 110 Wheel base Modifieds, Opinions and reasons? What have you ran and which is better with reason.

always herd from 99 inches to a 104 was best for handling...

Guess I should be more specific, UMP Modified rules state 108 to 112 wheel base. So, just looking for some input as to what the advantages of a shorter or longer wheelbase are.

I would go with the 108".... I know of a few national drivers that are actually runnin 105"(legal or not... who checks) . I knew a guy that ran a 112" because he was runnin a 512 Big Block Ford..(back in the mid to late 90's) the only way he could get his Rear %.. Based off that I would go with the shorter...... I'm sure thats why they have a min rule...

Depends on the track you run. Bigger faster tracks could utilize a longer car for stability. Short track short car for handling.

my new car has 112'' wb, I believe ther are a few advantages.the shorter the wb the loser the engine wt is to the front end. everything seat gauges drive all moves back it all adds up and a little more stabilty on a longer track.but if your running 1/4 mile or shorter track the shorter wb makes for better cornering.

Default The answer is leverage

The answer to your question is leverage. A 112" wb car has more leverage. On a tacky track, they'll be faster, but if the track dries out and goes slick, you'll be fast to start, but your tires will go away quicker and the 108" cars will pass you toward the end. I know a couple of chassis builders that have tested both, and this was the consensus from both. Hope this answers your question.