Default Question about steering quicker

can you run a quickner with a stock chevy ps pump or do you have to use a after market pump also which is better 1.5 or 2.1 thanks for any info

The 2-1 quickener will steer a lot faster meaning less steering wheel movement is needed to turn the car. I have heard the OEM p.s. pumps create a bad vibration at racing RPMs, the race pumps dont have that problem.

i used a stock ps pump for three years with a 2:1 quickner and i never had any problems or vibrations and i know several others that use the stock pump and have never had a problem. i switched to a race pump just because i got it with a motor i bought and the only difference i can tell is steering from a stop its a little easier.

I use a piece of radiator hose clamped onto the top of the stock power steering pump. Cut a piece of tubing that fits inside the hose then put a valve cover breather on top. Three hose clamps and your done. I use about 8 inches of hose. If the fluid does foam up it wont spit out all over the manifolds. I put an old trans cooler in the return line too... I haven't had a mess all over the place this way.

I pressed an S-10 4 cylinder pump pulley onto the pump. 2.2 I believe. It is a larger diameter pulley.

Something to think about.

Moldy

Stock pump will work fine. Use reduction pulleys if you can and be sure to use Power steering fluid and not ATF. ATF will foam