Default 2.5 ford pistons

Getting ready to redo our 2.5 ford,stock rod and was wondering what kind of piston choice is out there.What do some of you guys run.Running FI with basically a stock cam.

Talk to Vic Ellinger @ WiseCo pistons. (800)321-1364 ext.3016 . Tell him what you've got and what you're wanting to acheive. Their custom-made pistons are price competitive with their off-the-shelf products. Most any custom pin-height & ring package is available. They can also mill custom lateral gas ports for the top ring & an 'accumulator' groove between the top & 2nd ring. Use a Napier 2nd ring. I haven't checked lately, but WiseCo may even be coating pistons by now. I've used their product for years! -Dave-

We have been racing the 2.5 with stock crank,rods and stock ford pistons for some time. Probably 8 different motors,all 72-7500rpm,Long duration cams,350/500 holleys and 11:1 compression.
    Only time we ever had an issue was if you get too lean without enough top ring gap we have lifted the top lands.
    Can't believe you could hurt a stock piston with a stock cam without really trying to.
    Hi Dave! Always nice to see you on here.

Always glad to be here RaceDad. We pay attention to your offerings & experience. Briefly.... on the subject of lateral gas ports in the top ring land. If one can get by the Rules, I'd use the ports even on a stock piston. Spent enough time on a dyno to know they're better than a Gapless top or 2nd ring. But..... a word of caution. Lateral gas ports introduce more combustion heat into the top ring. If there is .150", or less, aluminum between the top of the ring groove & the piston crown, gap the top ring @ .007"-per-inch of cylinder bore diameter. The first time I used lateral ports, I learned the hard way. The 1/2-mile paved oval @ Bakersfield, CA. A 7300-8500 operating band on a 2.0L Ford. Top rings gapped my normal .005"-per-inch of bore (without the ports). The engine lasted about 25 laps of the 50 lap race. Broke a chunk out of the top ring land of (2) pistons, and lifted the top ring land on the other two. Lesson learned. Rebuild with my self-imposed '.007" Rule' & never lost another engine. -Dave-