Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    eddieb1965 Guest

Default Head sizing for a 406

I have a 406 and need good heads without spending a fortune.It will be on a 4412 with a Victor jr intake.Will a double hump with 2.02's be enough?Should I look for something with 2.05 or bigger? I want to stay with 23* configuration. Thanks Eddie

Giving up alot there with stock heads when you can get some RHS or DART for a decent price. JM2C!

eddieb1965 Guest

Been looking at those brands,but wasnt wanting to spend 1000.00 + on heads. Any others out there??

Not sure what your looking to build and for what but the large port vortech is a pretty good head you can build a set for just under 1300 and you will be way ahead of the game stock heads are not good for racing application. Speed cost $ how fast do you want to go.

Me personally w/ a 4412 and on a budget.

Dart Iron Eagle 215cfm 49cc race ready under $1k

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-D...Q5fAccessories

Your engines power is in the heads and camshaft..............

eddieb1965 Guest

I already have the cam its an Isky 201CC1, I am looking at Dart Iron Eagle or World Motown, Looks like they are both about $ 950-1000.Want to stay with 64 -67 cc to keep around 12.5-1.Speed costs money,,but my speed limit will be 1000.00.......

Pretty sure if you look at that ebay ad thats a bare head meaning you still have valves,springs,locks,retainers,studs and guide plates. Plus there will some machine work in getting these heads together finding a set new for under a 1000 is gonna be tough.

The Bowtie Vortec is arguably the best iron 23* head on the market today.

IMO, they provide the most usuable torque band of any iron head, that the driver will love

Castheads.com

If its a flat top I agree vortec bowties are the best if your wanting to stay low compression. Not the large runner ones though.

Another cheap route is the patriot vortecs they are 375 a set bare new. I have a used set with good parts for 550.

Also have a set of rhs vortecs with good parts 550.

both sets are ready to bolt on. patiots have 1.5 nights and dyno time since rebuild.

rhs have 5 nights total on all new parts.

both are ss valves, ten degree locks etc. 140/340 spring pressures.

I dont sell any junk or used up stuff.

If you want humps Ive got those to un ported 3 nights and nicely ported fresh same parts as above heads.

I personally like the humps or vortecs over dart, rhs etc. for the wow factor under the hood (claim class) and 45lbs lighter.

race ready heads from ebay, speedway etc are just bare heads with the parts slammed in them, no performance valve job, valve lapping, setting correct spring pressures etc. they also contain the cheapest ss valves available like 70 bucks for all 16, lol...

beware

eddieb1965 Guest

Jeff,Are both of your heads 2.02-1.60 with 64 cc chambers? My pistons have a slight dome,the builder said should be 12.5-1 with 64cc head.

man it takes forever to load so I can reply now... I hate this sites changes....

Yes both 64cc vortec chamber if your dome is small like the 4cc mahle dome you should be able to just round the plug casting area. kb forged domes clear vortec as well as some others made now.

Ask your builder if vortec chambers will work for you and be sure. Both sets are ready to bolt on just clean off with some carb cleaner and bolt on.

Im sure someone will post it so just so you know you can buy patriot vortecs new assembled for 650, they dont have manley race flo valves and comp springs ten degree locks etc as well as dont have a performance valve job. I pay 275 for my valve jobs supposedly theres some magic done I dont really know, but I know my stuff all runs really well.

The rhs have fereah valves I think, I honestly dont remember for sure. Ive been thinning the herd for 2 years as far as motors go and Im still at 4 sets of ready to run heads and 4 motors.

no big deal if your not interested Im not advertising this stuff any place. But I think all my heads and prices are a great deal for bolt on ready stuff. I know I have 400 or more in the valves springs retainers and parts etc.

My email is jnjfab@live.com if you want to go that route instead of chatting on here, lol...

Cell is 712 310 1183 Jeff

i can sell you dart platnuim for $1300 race ready

Quote Originally Posted by dynamic performance View Post
    i can sell you dart platnuim for $1300 race ready
    REALLY your first post on here EVER bashed hendren a longtime poster who is about the wisest on here.....

What is your OTHER user name, to dislike hendren and make a slam your first post you clearly have been here for years considering hes barely posting any more thanks to guys like you most likely.

For you guys info when you hit reply hit it twice and it will work right away. They have done it this way to slow the spam bots down.

thanks, I sorta noticed that by accident or impatience.

That makes it work normal thanks for confirming it..

jj

if you think he is the wisest than he has fed you as much bs as everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by dynamic performance View Post
    if you think he is the wisest than he has fed you as much bs as everyone else
    well he a lot wiser than 99% of us an gives advice to lotta us dummys!!!

There is a seller on ebay who sells Dart heads for around $400 a pair new + shipping. They are blem castings but I buy them all the time, redo the valve job, put a fresh surface on them....never had a problem yet.