Default bump starting a clutch

The lady has a cavy 5 speed 4 banger for a work car. She was driving down the interstate and the car shut of the other day and will not restart now.

Car turns over but wont start. Checked the fuel=ok checked spark=ok.

The thing I don't understand and I am hoping somene can answer is, when I push the car down the road and drop it in 1st or 2nd gear the car just locks up like someone pushe the brakes. I have never had this happen before. What the hell is goin on? I know someone has the answer.

thanks

3rd gear work better....

If you have spark and fuel....and the starter is turning the car over.....wouldn't matter if you pushed it at 50 mph. Fuel pressure is the issue....meaning the fuel pump is out.

gunna rent the pressure tester tommorrow. Why does the car jsut lock up ad not even try to pop when you drop it in gear? I thought maybe it would at least try to start if it wa the fuel pump.

thanks Parrot

Does the engine seem to crank kinda faster than usuall? Has the engine been making a ticking or rattling noise almost like a loose rocker arm? Sounds like the timing chain may have jumped or broke.
    Last edited by fast_crew; 11-20-2010 at 01:10 PM.
    Josh K.

Never even thought about the timing belt. I had a car once that would run fine for awhile then die. Sometimes it would start back up and other times it wouldn't. It was supposed to have around 65psi but was only putting out 15psi.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    The lady has a cavy 5 speed 4 banger for a work car. She was driving down the interstate and the car shut of the other day and will not restart now.

The thing I don't understand and I am hoping somene can answer is, when I push the car down the road and drop it in 1st or 2nd gear the car just locks up like someone]pushe the brakes. I have never had this happen before. What the hell is goin on? I know someone has the answer.

thanks

Well.... if YOU are the one doing the PUSHING and the DRIVING as i quoted,i would say...."GET-IN" ,let someone push you,YOU ain't goin' fast enough!!! lol...

nah I live on a hill we was goin fast enough guarntee lol

Oh ok....lol...i see now.Car still won't start and is still parked at bottom of hill...lol

no,really...i'm with the other dude,i would look at the pump first.

Quote Originally Posted by runyou-2 View Post
    Oh ok....lol...i see now.Car still won't start and is still parked at bottom of hill...lol

no,really...i'm with the other dude,i would look at the pump first.
    let's just say we were expecting the car to start. too funny

Have you checked the fuel pressure yet?
    Josh K.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post

The thing I don't understand and I am hoping somene can answer is, when I push the car down the road and drop it in 1st or 2nd gear the car just locks up like someone pushe the brakes. I have never had this happen before. What the hell is goin on? I know someone has the answer.

thanks
    What does this have to do with dirt stock forum? Sound familiar?
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    What does this have to do with dirt stock forum? Sound familiar?
    This just goes to show how ignorant you really are. You posted something about NASCRAP in the dirt stock gossip forum. I posted a problem with powertrain in a vehicle in the powertrain section of the foum. See how that is relevant and what you posted is irrelevant? dumbass

let me know if you still don't understand I will try to spell it out in simpler words for you.

Have you found the problem or fixed it yet?
    Josh K.

been super busy no further work done as of yet. got the rest of the week off plan to look at it hopefully thursday. will update then