Thread: Engine Question

Default Engine Question

I have a set of Pontiac Alum. Heads Part# 867. Just curious if pistons are available and what combinations are recommended. Was thinking that I would build 358-385. Thanks for any info!

Robbie Bauman

triple R built a 358 for a friend, he won a lot of races with it.wisco pistons but they may be a special order now.those heads are 21 degree if I remember rite and they take a very long pushrod and offset rocker arms.I think they had to do some machine work to the intake also.but they got well over 650hp out of that 358cu in.motor.I'll check to see if he still has the build sheets.

Default Info....

That would be great if you could get some info...We have an All Alum. 430 with the same heads, but wanting to build something like 358-385 for a mod with these heads... Any help would be great!!!!!

Robbie Bauman

I have a set of these pontiac 867 heads for sale. complete heads with offset rockers,matched bowtie intake. one of the heads need some minor repiar, 1500. with repair done.

They start at 23 degree's as cast, most people mill them to 21 or even 18 degrees, mine are 21 and I used an off the shelf piston at 15 to 1, require offset rockers and roller lifters for sure and a raised runner intake. They are the same as a 10x.