Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i believe jimmie was an off-road racer before he came to nascar. notsure how successful he had been. and while i'm not a fan, you have to be impressed with what he and team 48 (well, maybe not the fired pit crew) accomplished over the past five years.

now the question is....

could chad have taken jeff gordon to a few more championships?

i'm an admitted anti-jeff fan. but i honestly believe he could out drive jimmie.

jmo.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

I know what you mean about JJ's off road success. His was not a household name as a result of his success in that type of racing so one would have to conclude that it was not all that noteworthy.

Klem, I would agree, I think at the zenith of Gordo's career he may well have been somewhat better than JJ but I think those days may be over. But the numbers don't lie and that is all the facts we have to go by. All else is opinion and speculation.

Although I never have been a fan of Gordo, even when he was winning races in USAC, but I do know this, he was definately not the sissy that a lot of fans made him out to be. It takes stones to back it in at the Indiana State Fairgrounds Mile or race in a pack of 24 midgets on The Springfield Mile, Danny Drinan was very nearly killed there while driving a midget, or put the right rear on the wall while turning no lift laps in a midget at Eldora. Never saw Earnhardt (the late one) or some of the other NASCAR tough guys do that, but I saw Gordo do it. And he did it very well.
    Last edited by CIRF; 12-01-2010 at 10:03 AM.