Post Icebowl xx next up for talladega short track

ICEBOWL XX APPROACHING FOR TALLADEGA SHORT TRACK

Eastaboga, AL (November 23, 2010) – Talladega Short Track officials are gearing up for Icebowl XX coming up January 6th – 9th at the famed 1/3 mile clay oval.

Details regarding the 2011 edition have been posted on the tracks official website at www.talladegashorttrack.com.

Icebowl XX is shaping up to be the biggest ever Icebowl event in the twenty-year history of the event.

Super Latemodels are once again competing for the top prize of $6,000. An added addition for the 2011 event will see a “Icebowl Race of Champions” on Friday Night featuring a twenty-lap feature event paying $1,000 to win. All past Icebowl SLM Champions are eligible to compete.

The fifteen drives eligible to compete include Ronnie Johnson, Danny Peoples, Stan Massey, Dale McDowell, Jody Summerville, Kenny Merchant, Terry English, Mike Head, Frank Ingram, Shane Clanton, Joel Rice, Billy Mayo, Bobby Mayse, Ray Cook and the 2010 Icebowl winner Randall Walker.

Crate Latemodels will once again race for a top prize of $3,000. The Limited Latemodel (sportsman) division will compete for a $2,500 top prize.

In 2010 the LLM division saw an increase in the purse, in 2011 the Open Wheel Modified division will also see the increase. The winners share will jump up from $1,500 to win to $2,000 to win. The starting money for the Modifieds also increases from $100 to $150.

The Bomber division will once again compete on Friday and Saturday and will pay $800 to win.

The Street Stock class will be back for the second straight season paying $500 to win. The Street Stock divisions will once again race on Thursday and Friday.

As an added addition, the Mini Stock (Pony) class has been added into the Icebowl event for the first time in several seasons. The Kajun Mini Stock Association will sanction the event. The Mini Stock class will compete on Friday and Saturday and race for a top prize of $1,200 to win.

More information regarding the 2011 Icebowl can be found on the tracks official website at www.talladegashorttrack.com.

For general information you can contact Dennis Anton at (256) 405-6460.

Talladega Short Track is located 1 mile East of the Talladega Super Speedway on Speedway Boulevard in Eastaboga, AL. The raceday phone hotline is (256) 831-1413.

Default Ice bowl tire ?

What would be the tire of choice for the limited late models? Rules say any 11x92 max tire. Any info would be appreciated.

i'll be there only if the highs are in the mid 60's. if not, see yall at east bay.

Default ???? about dry sump for sportmans

just wondering why they would allow dry sumps in regular season and not allow it in the ice bowl would that not mean that if any of the regulars run dry sumps last year they will have to change their cars over to wet sump??? something just don,t add up is this just a misprint? please explain

Default Dirt cow hope you are there

dirt cow i sure hope to see you there that will mean the weather will be great i am pulling for you!!!

It was just a misprint. Dry Sumps ARE allowed. Been changed on the rules already.

Dennis

Default Qualifying for sportsman

Sportsman will be given 2 laps qualifying like crates for their starting positon in heats won't they???????
    Last edited by degadigger; 11-27-2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling wrong

Quote Originally Posted by degadigger View Post
    Sportsman will be given 2 laps qualifying like crates for there starting positon in heats won't they???????
    When have the Sportsmen ever qualified at the Ice Bowl? I don't see why they would this year...

the best reason is if they draw some of your best cars might draw at the rear and not make the race it is just a fair way to earn your starting place and not just the luck of the draw plus i beleive you would have several more cars from out of state if they knew they were going to time in i know if i was going to pull 300 mile and to draw i would think twice before i did it

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by lemke7 View Post
    What would be the tire of choice for the limited late models? Rules say any 11x92 max tire. Any info would be appreciated.
    American racer 56 all the way around or a 70 on rr.

RaceCeivers are mandatory. Rentals will be available at the track. Transponder scoring through Professional MotorSports Solutions.

All Super Late Models will SAS Body / Weight / Engine Rules - EXCEPT 8" SPOILERS ONLY with 8" SIDE SUPPORTS ONLY

Default Multiple Day Passes

Will there be any multiple day passes for the pits offered?

If so, prices please.

Not speaking for the track, but in the past, a 4 day pass was the same as 4 single days. the only thing that you save is the time at the gate everyday. I happen to like it because you don't get screwed with a high 1 day pass for not being able to come everyday.

Where can you find street stock rules? Their website is not working.
    Last edited by stock car driver; 12-28-2010 at 11:05 PM.

For general information you can contact Dennis Anton at (256) 405-6460

Check out last year's Ice Bowl on Late Model Rewind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV2ckLzdclA

Quote Originally Posted by JustDirt View Post
    Not speaking for the track, but in the past, a 4 day pass was the same as 4 single days. the only thing that you save is the time at the gate everyday. I happen to like it because you don't get screwed with a high 1 day pass for not being able to come everyday.
    To avoid the long line at the pit gate, go to the front gate and buy a ticket, then walk behind the bleaches, pay the difference and go in the pits that way...Works for me...
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!