Default anyone run electric fuel pump with roll over shut off

both 2.3 blocks I have are blocked off one motor has to come apart but the other does not so I didnt know if it would be easier to run a electric pump Thanks

dep on ur ruels or u can use a oil preshure swtch to shut off fp

If rules allow,the electric pump is the way to go.Just make sure you mount it close to the cell and push the fuel to the motor,electric pumps won't pull fuel very far.

if you have to run a mechanical pump by rules and are wanting to run them "as is" (stock) without modifications, then i would use the block that has the removable fuel pump cover for "ease"

if you are going to be taking one to the machine shop to be altered, you could go ahead and have them cut a hole for the fuel pump in the block that is casted without a fuel pump hole, make sure they taps the holes for the bolts. I had an 88 ranger block that was cast without a fuel pump hole, and I had the shop make a hole for it and it works fine.

If you can run electric fuel pump though, overall, that would be easier in the fact you don't have to pay tear the motor down and make a hole for a fuel pump.. However cost and labor wise after the wiring, safety switches, fuel pressure regulating and everything else you need to do, you would make a decision what its worth to you and what you call "easy."

I personally don't prefer electric pumps and all the safety shut off requirements/extra copper /current draw on my battery, so for me its easier to use one with a hole already, or have someone make a hole..

And a holley red fuel pump runs about $120 from what i see on holley's site and it pumps at a FP of 7psi.
    Last edited by that dude; 01-12-2011 at 12:46 PM.