Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

both m86c(stock) and m86e(turbo) are standard volume and standard pressure however they are rated differently. m86c: 32 psi at idle, 54 psi at speed. m86e: 32 psi at idle, 60 psi at speed.

You run the pickup tube that is compatible with your oil pan.

Hey having a simler problem. With my motor. 60psi at idle wehn u but a new pump on it no matter what pump it is then when the oil warms up 40 psi at idle then the next the next day or week or when ever the next start up is it only get 40 psi cold and 20 hot but the thing is. After the second start up the psi doesnt go up when the engine revs up?

bearing clearances
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

ok well it never had that problem befor until i but new rings in it. cuz the cykinders got washed out and jacked up my rings. so could it be my torque settings? guess ill have to ask the machinest that line hound it and sized the rods? or do u just use the normal specs? stock main bolts and arp rod bolts
    jared flower

86 e great choice we have run them for years!!
    Last edited by Dan32; 01-05-2011 at 10:29 AM.

jared u have clerance problems!! are they all new bearings ?? and are they the right bearings?? [standared, 10 under or so on]

Is the oil plug in the back of the cam?

As far as interchanging oil pumps and pick-ups, you have to use m86 pick-up screens with m86 pumps and m127 pick-ups with m127 pumps. The oil inlet location ( where the pick-up bolts to the side of the pump ) are differant. If you interchange, the pick-up will either hit the oil pan or it will be too far away from the bottom of the pan and the engine will starve for oil.

yes the bearing are all the right size like i said all we did was change rings and yes all the nearings are new well mins the 5 races they have on them so still new. this engine was fine befor. we but the same pan on it and pump and tube.
    jared flower

Quote Originally Posted by 14flower View Post
    yes the bearing are all the right size like i said all we did was change rings and yes all the nearings are new well mins the 5 races they have on them so still new. this engine was fine befor. we but the same pan on it and pump and tube.
    u didnt put a new pump in it!!!!!?????

Flower. Aren't you the same guy that keeps breaking flywheel bolts? Reading your posts on the forum here leads me to believe you don't know what the hell you are doing. Get some help from someone that knows something or you are going to spend all your racing days on the trailer instead of the track. Get help.

no the flywheel problem was torqe wrench was way off! at 60 ftlbs it was 25! and ive buit alot of lima motor ya im not a well known builder but my (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) gets it down. and all these problems are on the same engine yet we have 10 other and they dont thats why im on here asking help.

and dan yes it was a new pump but the same pump.
    jared flower

Default pump it

I think you check if the oil if it there has dirt on it or the tank can be dirt. And Check also the wiring where it goes. Before using some pump.

Is it possible you put a rod cap on backwards?

idk ill see tomarrow when i strip down the motor
    jared flower