Default Cup or Nationwide

Drivers will now have to declare at the start of the season whether they will be competing for points in one or the other series. That means NO Cup driver will win the points in the Nationwide series. This is good news for the young and upcoming drivers. Had they enacted that rule for this year, Justin Allgaier would have himself a Nationwide Championship. I am all for this new rule.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Drivers will now have to declare at the start of the season whether they will be competing for points in one or the other series. That means NO Cup driver will win the points in the Nationwide series. This is good news for the young and upcoming drivers. Had they enacted that rule for this year, Justin Allgaier would have himself a Nationwide Championship. I am all for this new rule.
    Nationwide. Allgaier got hosed double, with the championship and Penske releasing him. I don't get why they released him, he had like 7 wins and was a contender without all the drama associated with some cry baby drivers trying to kill each other week in and week out.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Since Harvick and Kenseth like Nationwide so well, I think that they should run only Nationwide. Then they won't have to worry about gaining a track time advantage over the Sprint Cup drivers.

Seriously, I bet they both fall in the point standings now that they can't double dip anymore!!

Yeah its too bad for Justin, he could have won the points and was consistently the best non cup driver. Hopefully his ride for next year will be as good.

Quote Originally Posted by F22 RAPTOR View Post
    Nationwide. Allgaier got hosed double, with the championship and Penske releasing him. I don't get why they released him, he had like 7 wins and was a contender without all the drama associated with some cry baby drivers trying to kill each other week in and week out.
    Roger hated to release him but Verizon dropped out of the Nationwide series as far as sponsorship. Last I heard Justin had a deal going thru with another team. Hope it works out. Kid deserves a Cup chance after last years results.
    8/13/16

dale jr should prolly just run nationwide maybe him and kyle petty could team up