Default This is not a flawed point system?

Full disclosure. I could care less about Hamlin, Johnson, or Harvick. None of my favorites. Nascar has cheapened the Championship and this year it came to light more than ever. Harvick leads Johnson in season points by a whopping 338 going into the chase. His reward. Comes into the chase 30 points behind. What is wrong with this picture?

Nothing. Harvick is a d i c k with ears. Whenever, however and however often he gets screwed over is just fine. He deserves all he gets.

your missing the point

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Full disclosure. I could care less about Hamlin, Johnson, or Harvick. None of my favorites. Nascar has cheapened the Championship and this year it came to light more than ever. Harvick leads Johnson in season points by a whopping 338 going into the chase. His reward. Comes into the chase 30 points behind. What is wrong with this picture?
    I remember you guys defending the chase when Gordon lost two championships because of it.

the chase sucks

your right busch like to race hard not candy azz his way in to championship

Default I hear ya . . .

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I totally hear ya.... Thinkin' ya hit the nail on the head ! ! 29 car raced his a!@ss off ALL year....

NASCAR's points system has only needed tweeking for quite a long while. The "Chase" should be thrown out the window and the points championship be based on the full season, as it once was designed.
    The points distribution for finishing position in any given race is fine. There is no problem keeping the 5 point bonus for a driver who leads a lap in any given race. The part that needs tweeking is the 5 points awarded for leading the most laps. That item should be discarded altogether and one point awarded for each lap lead by any driver. A 500 lap race would have 500 points available for distribution. A hard charging driver will do well in the points whereas a driver that wants to lay back for the majority of a race will pay the price. A driver that leads a major portion of race, just to have some bad luck at the end will, at least, be somewhat rewarded for his efforts during the majority of the race. As it is now calculated, driver A can lead 499 laps of a 500 lap race and be passed by driver B on the last lap to lose the race. Driver A would earn 5 points for leading a lap and 5 points for leading the most laps for a total of 10 bonus points. Driver B led 1 lap and gets 5 bonus points. That's only 5 points difference whereas Driver A accomplished far, far more during the day than did Driver B......and everything except the win. With a change, Driver A would have earned 504 bonus points and Driver B only 6 bonus points. Then we would see who the most aggressive and best drivers are out there on the track!

LOL Ventura. From Wrestling to Gov. To Conspiracy. I think he is a riot. I think he is nuts, but then again he knows how to keep himself in the spot light.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    NASCAR's points system has only needed tweeking for quite a long while. The "Chase" should be thrown out the window and the points championship be based on the full season, as it once was designed.
    The points distribution for finishing position in any given race is fine. There is no problem keeping the 5 point bonus for a driver who leads a lap in any given race. The part that needs tweeking is the 5 points awarded for leading the most laps. That item should be discarded altogether and one point awarded for each lap lead by any driver. A 500 lap race would have 500 points available for distribution. A hard charging driver will do well in the points whereas a driver that wants to lay back for the majority of a race will pay the price. A driver that leads a major portion of race, just to have some bad luck at the end will, at least, be somewhat rewarded for his efforts during the majority of the race. As it is now calculated, driver A can lead 499 laps of a 500 lap race and be passed by driver B on the last lap to lose the race. Driver A would earn 5 points for leading a lap and 5 points for leading the most laps for a total of 10 bonus points. Driver B led 1 lap and gets 5 bonus points. That's only 5 points difference whereas Driver A accomplished far, far more during the day than did Driver B......and everything except the win. With a change, Driver A would have earned 504 bonus points and Driver B only 6 bonus points. Then we would see who the most aggressive and best drivers are out there on the track!

This is a creative idea. Hummm.