Default lowering fuel cell

Right now my fuel cell is as high as it can possibly be right against my rear deck. Will lowering down 4-6 inches help to loosen the car on entry? Right now the car is so tight getting in that i believe it makes my car loose coming off. and no mater what changes I make to the car i can never seem to get it loosened up. it is an 1980 camaro.

How many nights on your rear springs?

When mine were dead in my nova the car was a dump truck on entry and loose off.. I often spun it out on entry with too much rear brake trying to make it turn..

Fuel cell height has more effect in the center.Increase l/r shock rebound,decrease l/f compression,more toe out , more castor split,decrease r/f brake ,increase rear brake,increase crosswieght will loosen car on entry.

the track is a really tight 1/4 mile with really long straits and the tightest turns ive ever seen. i have tried more bite, negative bite, played with shocks, messed with wheel offsets etc. springs are brand new because that was my first thought. took rf brake off. in heats, and tacky mains noone can touch me, but as soon as it dries out a lil it becomes a dump truck. people think im full of B.S. because im still top 2 or 3 every night, but its no fun to drive. when i go to the bigger tracks it doesnt seem to be an issue, and last saturday i was able to run second groove and do well, ran 2 features winning the first and 3rd in the second feature.

If your issue is when it is dry remove the lr shock.

Did any of the changes feel any differeant?When we go to shorter tracks I increase the toe out.How much are you running.Check your steering arm on the spindles.The l/s must not be longer than the r/s.I would get the l/s .020 shorter than the right.How are you entering the corner(on the brakes hard,rolling in ,pitching it side ways etc...)

i currently run about a 1/4 in toe out. entering the corners i usually drive with the brakes, however i have tried rolling in, and that just makes it worse. out of all the changes the only real big notice was when i went to a 2" offset on the rr and lf.

1/4 is not a huge amount ,latemodels will run over 1/2 on short tracks.Putting a 2 off on the l/f makes the car think it has a softer l/f spring.Increasing front spring split with a softer l/f will have the most effect on entry and change the car very little the rest of the corner.A 2 off on the r/r car thinks softer r/r.Increase spring split with a stiffer l/r helps entry and makes car tighter on exit.The 2 offset changes together might have increased your crossweight.Pay attention exactly went the car is tight.If it is tight at the first turn of the wheel or if it is tight when the weight starts to transfer to the right side

thank you for the replys. RCJ check your PM