Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Screven Motor Speedway's Winter Freeze

Screven Motor Speedway is proud to announce the Inaugural Winter Freeze to be held at the dirt track on Thursday, February 3, 2011. For the first time in the history of the track, the fastest and baddest 410-winged sprints will hit the 3/8ths mile red clay banks of Screven Motor Speedway as the O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions kicks off their season for $10,000-to-win. You won't want to miss the side-by-side action of some of the series' top drivers, such as Tim Shaffer from Aliquippa, PA, as he tries to defend his 2010 series championship.

Plus, the First Annual Winter Freeze will also feature a $10,000-to-win unsanctioned Super Late Model event with an open-tire rule. Come watch some of the nation's best Super Late Model drivers battle at what has become aptly named “The Action Track of the South” for it's close side-by-side dirt-slinging action. As many of the drivers begin their trek southward for the early season racing, Screven Motor Speedway will be a hotspot on many drivers lists as they make their way to the Winter Nationals further south.

Join Screven Motor Speedway on this historic event as we bring together two of the nations premier classes, the 410-winged sprint cars with the O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions for $10,000, plus the unsanctioned battle of the Super Late Models for $10,000. While the weather will still be cold, grandstands will feature heaters under the bleachers compliments of owner, “Redd” James Griffin.

Gates will open for the First Annual Winter Freeze at 4:00PM on Thursday, Februrary 3, 2011. Practice will begin sharply at 6:00PM with racing beginning at 7:30PM. General Admission grandstands are $25.00 for adults and children 12 and under are free. Pit passes for adults are $35.00 and children 12 and under are $20.00.

Screven Motor Speedway is located on Highway 21 just south of Sylvania, GA between mile-marker 6 and 7 in Screven County, GA. The track is located at 6118 Savannah Highway, Sylvania, GA 30467. For directions or other information visit www.screvenmotorspeedway.com or call (912) 228-5886 or (912) 857-4884 on race-day.
    Last edited by screvenpr; 01-26-2011 at 09:19 AM.

I cannot wait! Less than 2 months! I had my worst year ever attending races but I will d@mn sure be @ this one!

And FYI, Screven is cheaper than GIS.
    Last edited by dirtfan2757; 12-09-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    I cannot wait! Less than 2 months! I had my worst year ever attending races but I will d@mn sure be @ this one!

And FYI, Screven is cheaper than GIS.
    And paying 2 big purses!
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

This will be my first race of the year for sure ...save me a bunch of them pork tenderloins sandwiches and a spaghetti diner or the boars head bologna sandwich. I will support this mans effort,,, Redd is the man !!!

25.00 bucks for 2 10,000 to win shows...but if you act now you get a 200 piece tool set from harbor freight for the low low price of 2.99.....My fist trip had sand gnats? Mess out of his control ..and suicide fans in chairs sitting in fkn hamerville going into turn 1 .Yet anyone who smoked would get up and go else where to toke one ...and i smoke . When do tickets go on sale .I will support a pork tender loin sandwich cooked with love and seasoning....or i could pay 35.00 for a one 7000 to win show and pay a ''fair ''price for liquid ear plugs.. See ya soon REDD...Woooooooooooooooo

Smile 4449 fan

Great news to us the season kicks off at Screven . Redd knows how to run a race,& provide good concession food at reasonable prices. Counting the days down to hit the road to Sylvania.

Feel that way myself. LOVE that place. SEE all you at the track >

me
    Last edited by derdnik; 12-12-2010 at 04:16 PM.

I cant wait to get there, both races should be exciting. I just cant imagine the sprints at Screven, cant wait to see it. Not worried about the cold as long as it is dry.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

WOW!!!! $25 to get in the pits,the place will be pack. GIS is $40 to get in the pits & $20 for the grandstands I'll bet there won't be much of a crowd there, they charged that much for the Showdown & the place was empty. One day they will learn not rip people off

Quote Originally Posted by sharky99 View Post
    WOW!!!! $25 to get in the pits,the place will be pack. GIS is $40 to get in the pits & $20 for the grandstands I'll bet there won't be much of a crowd there, they charged that much for the Showdown & the place was empty. One day they will learn not rip people off
    Pits are $35, grandstands are $25.00. However, that is for 2 $10,000 to win races in 1 night.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky99 View Post
    GIS is $30 for the stands & $35 for top row.

Quote Originally Posted by HighMaintenance2007 View Post
    Plus..

Kelly Carlton & his KelCar Motorsports group will be officiating & running their

usual tight show.
    So, will this be another version of the front row nationals?
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

What is the current track record at Screven? And how much do you think it will be lowered by the 410 sprint cars?

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    What is the current track record at Screven? And how much do you think it will be lowered by the 410 sprint cars?
    Terry Casey from the Lucas race in 2008. I will have to dig up the time.

Quote Originally Posted by slick01 View Post
    So, will this be another version of the front row nationals?
    Screven Motor Speedway's Inaugural Winter Freeze Driver Information –
    Super Late Models ONLY
    For information on O'Reilly All Star Circuit of Champions sprint cars – drivers should visit the series
    website at http://ascoc.allstarsprint.com.
    Fees and Schedule
    Entry fee - $100.
    Pit Gates will open at 4:00PM. Registration will open at 4:00PM and will close promptly at 6:00PM
    (all drivers will need to register in the pit area and pick up a transponder in order to race). All drivers
    must pass through tech inspection prior to qualifying. Practice begins sharply at 6:00PM for all drivers.
    Racing will begin at 7:30PM.

Race Format
    • 2 Laps of Qualifying (qualifying results determine lineup for heat races)
    • Heat Races (number of heat races depends on the number of entries)
    • Consolation Races (number of consolation races depends on the number of entries)
    • 50 Lap feature event (24 car starting field)

Rules
    Open tire rule/open compound – tires will be lab tested for chemical alterations.
    SAS / WoO / Lucas Oil Body Rules
    AMB Transponder required – track will provide transponders at no additional cost to the driver.
    RaceCeivers are MANDATORY
    Any technical rules questions – Kelley Carlton (864) 871-1442
    Payout
    1. $10,000
    2. $5,000
    3. $2,500
    4. $2,000
    5. $1,500
    6. $1,400
    7. $1,300
    8. $1,200
    9. $1,100
    10. $1,000
    11. $900
    12. $800
    13. $650
    14. $600
    15. $550
    16. $500
    17. $500
    18. $500
    19. $500
    20. $500
    21. $500
    22. $500
    23. $500
    24. $500
    Total Purse = $35,000

Looks like its heat races for all with no inverts or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    Got it:

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series

Race Summary

Friday Night, April 4, 2008

Screven Motor Speedway-Screven, GA

PRC Fast Time: Terry Casey 13.976 seconds (NTR)

slick01 I do not decide formats of shows. I simply manage what the promoter asks. Why do you dislike me personally? Because every other time you post about Screven it is positive, so it must be me.

I have a job to do for these guys. I will do it to the best of my ability. My show will be efficient, tight and by the book.

So we don't agree about inverts - who cares? It's just an opinion. I am sure you like a different ice cream than I do but I wouldn't bash YOU for having an opinion. And I am certain you do a fine job at whatever you do. So why bash me for what I do? I don't bash everything you do because I don't agree with your opinions.
    Last edited by flagone; 12-13-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks for digging that up Dirtfan. I bet if the track has bite on Feb 3 that the sprints will be in the low 12's, maybe even upper 11 second range.

Got it:

Race Summary

Whats weird is that the track got banked a little more in 1-2 from 2008 but yet, the track record from 08' still stands.

I tell you one thing, I would not want to be in 1-2 when the sprints get out on the track for the 1st time. They should be slingin clay all the way to the drag strip.

I have pulled up the most recent track record that was set on Friday Night, April 3, 2009
    Screven Motor Speedway; Sylvania, GA

PRC Fast Time: Dennis Franklin 13.906 seconds

Got it:

Race Summary