Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I wish they would get a little bit more creative with these formats and keep the fans in mind. This sounds like another Lucas Oil race where the winner will win from the front row. If this was a pill draw race or if it least had an invert it would be worth burning another vacation day to leave earlier to catch this race too.

Quote Originally Posted by screvenpr View Post
    I have pulled up the most recent track record that was set on Friday Night, April 3, 2009
    Screven Motor Speedway; Sylvania, GA

PRC Fast Time: Dennis Franklin 13.906 seconds
    I should have known that. That was one of the best races at Screven ever. If you look back at where Rambo and James came from that race, you will see an invert didn't matter that night. One came from 9th and the winner from 12th and battled like crazy. That would be a food one to have had on tape.

For the track record you should check the lap times from Redd's open wheel madness show 3 years ago .They had 360 sprints ,Fla. mini sprints,and open wheel mod's that night . I'm sure the mod's were slower but the sprints and the minis were ungodly quick .

Quote Originally Posted by HighMaintenance2007 View Post
    We have seen Madden come from 13th or so to Rambo`s ( leader) back bumper on the

last lap there before.....plus Steve Francis put on a big time drive there at the WoO

show in 08 or 09....always an exciting, grand ol time there.

Glad to see KelCar crew officiating. I`m glad to be contributing.

It is the road to Fla, it kicks off the winter racing down South..so....

Come on down & give it a shot & see for yourselves what all the talk has been about

the last few years.
    dmg
    Duane, I know the race you are talking about. It was a Ray Cook race and Madden started 18th and was rim riding and flying. If there had been 1 more lap Rambo would have lost. You DO NOT have to have inverts to have a good race. A redraw for the top 2 positions in the heats would be nice, but either way Ill still be there. After all it will be Feb 3rd and Ill be glad to be back at the track. I do think Kelly and his crew run a very speedy show. So once again Redd, thanks for making this happen.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    Whats weird is that the track got banked a little more in 1-2 from 2008 but yet, the track record from 08' still stands.

I tell you one thing, I would not want to be in 1-2 when the sprints get out on the track for the 1st time. They should be slingin clay all the way to the drag strip.
    I have to agree with ya, Dirtfan. Im not sure it will be too safe anywhere in those grandstands, lol, but it should be very exciting.

I just hope old man winter leaves the mid-atlantic before the first week of Feb.

Early Spring is predicted.

KelCar Motorsports presiding, practice on Wedneday Feb 2nd, free in Gs $20 pits.
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

Ground hawg day is right along that time period...maybe our southern prognosticater "beaureguard lee" will get us some 70 degree weather...

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    slick01 I do not decide formats of shows. I simply manage what the promoter asks. Why do you dislike me personally? Because every other time you post about Screven it is positive, so it must be me.

I have a job to do for these guys. I will do it to the best of my ability. My show will be efficient, tight and by the book.

So we don't agree about inverts - who cares? It's just an opinion. I am sure you like a different ice cream than I do but I wouldn't bash YOU for having an opinion. And I am certain you do a fine job at whatever you do. So why bash me for what I do? I don't bash everything you do because I don't agree with your opinions.
    Kelly, I was wondering if you might have an early drivers list for this race?

Quote Originally Posted by seifertfan2 View Post
    Kelly, I was wondering if you might have an early drivers list for this race?
    I would guess maybe some of the WoO drivers may show up with Screven having a WoO race a few weeks after this race. It would make for a good test and tune.

I hope we get some local cats at this one and they do well. Screven has some good local drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfan2757 View Post
    I would guess maybe some of the WoO drivers may show up with Screven having a WoO race a few weeks after this race. It would make for a good test and tune.

I hope we get some local cats at this one and they do well. Screven has some good local drivers.
    Yea, Dirtfan thats what I was thinking. Im sure the locals will be out in full force and everyone knows Chesley Dixon is always strong at Screven.

High Maintenance

On your posts, you list the following race:

"FEB 3RD SCREVEN MOTOR SPEEDWAY SCREVEN GA"

It has been pointed out to me that this is incorrect and may be misleading for traveling racers who have never been to the track before. I feel sure you know
    it but for clarity, I'll point out that the track is not in Screven, Georgia but rather just outside Sylvania, Georgia. It is Screven (County) Motor Speedway. There's actually a Screven, Georgia (Wayne County) and it's not too far from Golden Isles but if anyone should go there, they will not find a race track.
    Merry Christmas!!

RAMBO`S TRACK RECORD WILL F A L L
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

Beware , casey roberts will be on the prowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 13.906 track record is going down !!!!! Go team starrette and #101 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Starrette Fan......you wanna see something Special?
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons
    www.southeasternlatemodels.com

Yes sir paperman , show me something !!!!!!

Can you tell me who this is??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

that is cool paperman !!!!! i would say the driver is casey`s dad and thats casey on the right . and i notice the sponsor on the rear quarter panel (wallhalla gun shop). i`ve done a lot of buisness with george and kevin............ great photo paperman!!!! thanks

Not many of that photo out there.....
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

do you know what year that photo was taken and at what track ?