Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'll find out what year but i'm pretty sure the track is Westminster.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons
    www.southeasternlatemodels.com

Thanks paperman !!!!!!!

I was going to guess the surviving hillbilly from "Deliverance"! You know, the one that got away before Burt Reynolds shot him. LOL!

The Inaugural Winter Freeze flyer.
    February 9 till 11, 2012 - 2nd Annual Winter Freeze

Updated Drivers list For Winter Freeze 1/28/11

Late Models:

Casey Barrow # 98 – Savannah, GA
    Dean Bowen # 15 Whiteville, NC
    Royce Bray # 21 – Hull, GA
    Randle Chupp #1A – Troutman, NC
    Shane Clanton # 25 – Locus Grove, GA
    Vic Coffey # 32c – Caledonia, NY
    Mike Collins # 3 - Council Bluffs, IA
    Ray Cook # 53 – Brasstown, NC
    Brent Dixon # 1 – Elberton, GA
    Chesley Dixon # 3 – Swainsboro, GA
    Rick Eckert # 24 – York, PA
    Ben Faircloth # 27 – Swainsboro, GA
    Jeremy Faircloth # 4 – Swainsboro, GA
    Jeff Fortner # 27 – Vidalia, GA
    Steve Francis # 15 – Ashland, KY
    Monk Gulledge # 104 – Columbia, SC
    Steven Howard # 21 – Savannah, GA
    Austin Hubbard # 19 – Seaford, DE
    Ethan Hunter # 15 – Tiger, GA
    Tommy Kerr # 4T – Maryville, TN
    John Lobb # 1 – Frewsburg, NY
    Bub McCool # 57J – Vicksburg, MS
    Tim McCreadie # 39 – Watertown, NY
    Brad Neat # 41 – Dunnville, KY
    Brian Nuttal Jr # 16 – Claxton, GA
    Billy Ogle Jr # 201 – Knoxville, TN
    Earl Pearson Jr # 44 – Jacksonville, FL
    Philip Pittman # 3 – Vidalia, GA
    Johnny Pursley # 09 – Clover, SC
    Brian Reese # 33 – Sharpsburg, GA
    Josh Richards # 1 – Shinston, WV
    Casey Roberts # 101 – Toccoa, GA
    Bob Robertson # 21 – Evan, GA
    Brent Robinson # 3 – Smithfield, VA
    Ken Schrader # 9 – Fenton, MO
    Steve Shaver # 6 – Parkersburg, WV
    Scott Shirey # 10 – Gaston, SC
    Clint Smith # 44 – Senoia, GA
    Jeff Smith # 18 – Dallas, NC

Sprints:
    Dale Blaney # 2 – Hartford, OH
    Lance Dewease # 30c – Fayetteville, PA
    Bob Felmlee # 6 – Oil City, PA
    David Gravel # 89 – Hartford, CT
    Sam Hafertepe Jr # 15H – Sunnyvale, TX
    Cap Henry # 04 – Bellevue, OH
    Greg Hodnett # 39 – Thomasville, PA
    Robert Howard
    Danny Lasoski # 6 – Dover, MO
    Chad Layton # 55 – Harrisburg, PA
    Terry McCarl # 24 – Altoona, IA
    Pete Miller III # 3 – Port Vue, PA
    Ed Neumeister # 11N – Upper Sandusky, OH
    Aaron Ott # 25 – East Berlin, PA
    Daryn Pittman # 27 – Owasso, OK
    Fred Rahmer # 51 – Salfordville, PA
    Jared Ridge # 12 – Snohomish, WA
    Donnie Schatz # 15 – Fargo, ND
    Tim Shaffer # 83 – Aliquippa, PA
    Mark Smith # 7M – PA
    Steve Smith – New Oxford, PA
    Sammy Swindell # 1 – Germantown, TN
    Tyler Walker # 17 – Los Angles, CA
    Greg Wilson # 20 – Benton Ridge, OH
    Jessica Zemken # 14 – Sprakers, NY

Drivers have the right to change there minds at anytime. I will add more as we get them confirmed.
    Last edited by screvenpr; 01-28-2011 at 06:14 PM.

1-week till the start of Winterfreeze!!!!

Added:
    Jeff Fortner # 27 - Vidalia, GA
    Bub McCool # 57J – Vicksburg, MS
    Last edited by screvenpr; 01-27-2011 at 11:48 AM.

Man, I wish I could come to this race, but gotta be somewhere else this time, I hope you all enjoy the show, I know it will be awesome!!!

Can`t ever miss a 1st ever..
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

I have a suggestion for Redd next year. Run the sprint cars and late models on Thursday night like you did this year and then run late models & open wheel modifieds on Fri and Saturday nights. I think you will get a ton of open wheel modifieds which would be a big back gate plus more fans on the weekend. I think you'd have a better crowd than GIS for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dalemcfan View Post
    I have a suggestion for Redd next year. Run the sprint cars and late models on Thursday night like you did this year and then run late models & open wheel modifieds on Fri and Saturday nights. I think you will get a ton of open wheel modifieds which would be a big back gate plus more fans on the weekend. I think you'd have a better crowd than GIS for sure.
    He has a better crowd than GIS as it is. If Redd can hang in there and build this thing it will be huge. I understand your point with the e-mods but PLEASE NO. I can't see any way that they would pull more than 10 more fans.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Quote Originally Posted by slick01 View Post
    He has a better crowd than GIS as it is. If Redd can hang in there and build this thing it will be huge. I understand your point with the e-mods but PLEASE NO. I can't see any way that they would pull more than 10 more fans.
    I know what you mean Slick. I don't think it would produce a lot more fans there to watch them but each of those open wheel mods is going to bring a driver and at least two more people with them. Some are going to have family & friends come to watch them too which will increase his # of pit passes with these guys. You figure 50 e mods would show which would probably be 175 or so extra pit passes at $35 per person plus the food those people eat probably brings in another $8500 or so and those guys purses are way less than late models and sprints.

The more I think about this I think Redd should try to get a Lucas Oil date for that Saturday night (which would be the equivalent of tonight) and run the night or two before that as unsanctioned. You know the Lucas Oil guys would show up early to dial in their setups for the Sat night race and all the Rocket guys would go too because they are using it as practice for their annual spring/summer race at Screven. Otherwise he is not going to get Bloomquist and his cronies there because Scott likes GIS better than Screven. I'm not a Bloomquist fan but can't deny the fact he typically brings in a few more fans.

w GAME C O C K GO CART SPEEDWAY

& THE GEE CHEE CREEK MUDD DRAGS NOW ON TH e PROPERTY...

PLUS THE SAVANNAH RIVER DRAGWAY ..

It`s gonna be a Big Time deal.

It was rockin this past Sat nite..
    Last edited by HighMaintenance2007; 01-13-2012 at 09:40 AM.

I agree. They are doing all the right things there, giving the fans the most bang for their buck. I think the point of running a support class like an Emod or a Sprint car is to give the fans another race to watch. And a totally different kind of car. For a few years GIS ran the NLMS/Crate lates along with the Super Bowl. Which is exciting for the local drivers, but you get 2 or 3 big money teams throw a crate engine in a back up car and run off with the winnings. Which kind of sucks. The last one they ran clip cars, so the locals got to run on a big night, without anyone swooping in and stealing the attention and the money.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

James ‘Redd’ Griffin has received plenty of congratulatory handshakes and phone calls since being named the 2011 Racing Promotion Monthly Southeastern Region Auto Racing Promoter of the Year, but the modest Georgian certainly hasn’t paused to celebrate his honor.

For Griffin, there just isn’t any time right now for introspection. He’s less than one month away from the richest event he’s ever presented at his Screven Motor Speedway: the ‘Winter Freeze’ on Feb. 10-11, a blockbuster weekend that he hopes will prove he’s a worthy recipient of the coveted promotional award.

A 60-lap World of Outlaws Late Model Series A-Main paying $20,000 to win headlines the Winter Freeze, which also features a pair of $5,000-to-win events for the UNOH All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series. It’s a monster pairing of headline divisions that will kick off the season-opening Georgia/Florida speedweeks with a flourish.

“I’m really looking forward to this show,” said Griffin, whose three-eighths-mile oval played host to annual $10,000-to-win WoO LMS programs from 2008-10 (last year’s World of Outlaws race was rained out on its original date and then later canceled by the track). “This is the biggest thing we’ve ever done at Screven and the interest I’m seeing has been fantastic. If we can get some of that good weather I’m praying for, I think we’re gonna have a great turnout and an awesome show.”

The Winter Freeze promises to put a punctuation mark on Screven’s rise to relevance in the motorsports industry under Griffin, who 16 years ago began carving the complex out of a cotton field one hour northwest of Savannah. Griffin has constructed one of the most diverse racing facilities in the country, boasting not only a competitive red-clay oval but also the quarter-mile Savannah River Dragway, a mud bog, a nearly quarter-mile dirt go-kart track and a paved rental kart track.

Griffin, 43, has made additions to Screven’s infrastructure and beefed up the track schedules virtually every year since he came on the scene. It’s this dedication to providing fans and racers an ever-improving experience – not to mention Griffin’s down-home, regular-guy personality – that earned him recognition as one of six regional Promoter of the Year honorees by RPM, an idea newsletter and professional resource for racetrack operators.

“I’m really shocked to win it,” said Griffin, one of the nominees for the 36th National Auto Racing Promoter of the Year Award that will be announced on Feb. 20 during the 39th annual RPM Workshops in Daytona Beach, Fla. “It sure is an honor to be recognized like that by the other promoters. I guess you can say it puts the pressure on to live up to an award that’s that important.”

In that vein, Griffin is laser-focused on the Winter Freeze. A mild winter has given him and his staff plenty of opportunity to prep the property for the expected influx of spectators and teams. Most notably, he’s erected more bleachers on the front and back straightaways and has completely turned over Screven’s racing surface in hopes of continuing the side-by-side action that many observers rate as some of the best fans will see in the Southeast.

Griffin has planned a full weekend of activities for Winter Freeze attendees, starting with an open practice session running from 6-10 p.m. on Thurs., Feb. 9. The schedule of events on Fri., Feb. 10, includes WoO LMS time trials and heat races plus full programs for the All-Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series and the Screven Late Model division ($1,500 to win), while the card on Sat., Feb. 11, features B-Mains and the lucrative Winter Freeze finale for the WoO LMS as well as another All-Star Sprint Car show and a $2,500-to-win crate Late Model headliner.

In addition, Griffin will keep things busy on Saturday afternoon with Gee Chee Creek Mudd Drags competition, racing at his Game(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Speedway go-kart oval and challenge races between World of Outlaws drivers and fans on the rental kart track. The mud-bog and go-kart action is included in the $35 adult ticket price, which also provides an all-access pass to the pit area of each racing venue.

“We’re gonna give everybody plenty to see and do during the day,” said Griffin. “It’s a great deal for the fans. For $35 you get to see all kinds of different racing in one place, and you can go in the pits and rub elbows with (WoO LMS stars) like Rick Eckert and Josh Richards and all the 410 Sprint Car guys.”

Griffin will also have his famed concession stand cranking out a wide variety of foods all weekend. The large building, situated between the speedway and dragstrip, is well known for producing much more than the normal racetrack fare.

“When the folks come down here from all over, we’re gonna make sure we treat ‘em right,” said Griffin, who plans to situate heaters under the grandstands to provide fans extra warmth if the temperatures dip at night. “We’re going to show them good southern hospitality and give ‘em some good southern cooking.”

The Winter Freeze will begin the chase for the $100,000 WoO LMS points title, assuring a banner turnout of World of Outlaws hopefuls. Topping the field will be former series champions Rick Eckert of York, Pa., Darrell Lanigan of Union, Ky., and Tim McCreadie of Watertown, N.Y. – all of whom plan to pursue another crown in 2012 – as well as two-time titlist Josh Richards of Shinnston, W.Va., who has not yet announced his schedule for ’12 as he looks to land a fulltime NASCAR Camping World Truck Series ride.

Eckert, Lanigan and McCreadie are just three of the last year’s WoO LMS fulltimers who are expected to return in ’12, joining Chub Frank of Bear Lake, Pa., Shane Clanton of Fayetteville, Ga., Clint Smith of Senoia, Ga., Vic Coffey of Caledonia, N.Y., Tim Fuller of Watertown, N.Y., Pat Doar of New Richmond, Wis., Ron Davies of Warren, Pa., and John Lobb of Frewsburg, N.Y.

Several additional drivers have revealed their intention to enter the Winter Freeze in hopes of jump-starting a season-long assault on the WoO LMS. The list includes Mike Marlar of Winfield, Tenn., Bub McCool of Vicksburg, Miss., Jack Sullivan of Greenbrier, Ark., Dan Stone of Thompson, Pa., Billy Moyer Jr. of Batesville, Ark., Rick ‘Boom’ Briggs of Bear Lake, Pa., Kent Robinson of Bloomington, Ind., and Jill George of Cedar Falls, Iowa.

The Winter Freeze roster will be accented by an array of other national, regional and local standouts.

Griffin said that he will add a Non-Qualifiers’ Race to the WoO LMS itinerary if more than 48 dirt Late Models are signed in for the event.

Screven’s gates are scheduled to open at 10 a.m. each day of the Winter Freeze. Hot laps are set to start at 5 p.m. on Fri., Feb. 10, and Sat., Feb. 11, with qualifying to immediately follow.

Admission to the practice night (including entry to the pits) on Thurs., Feb. 9, is $20 and free for children 12-and-under. On both Fri., Feb. 10, and Sat., Feb. 11, admission (including pits) is $35 for adults, $15 for children 7-12 and free for kids 6-and-under.

Screven Motor Speedway will provide free camping (no hookups) on the paved dragstrip on a first-come, first-served basis.

More information on the Winter Freeze is available by logging on to www.screvenmotorspeedway.com or calling 912-228-5886.

Attention RACEE TEAMS: SLM`S / SPRINTS/ GM PERFORMANCE LM`S

30 paved parking spots REMAIN for the Winter Freeze event at Screven Motor Speedway.

The paved parking spots are going fast! They are good for Feb 8-9 & 10

A new entry, & parking procedure is being put in place w ONE WAY TRAFFIC,
    ON & OFF the track n the pits & for Winter Freeze.

The 1st 48 SLM`s & Sprints reserving parking spots will be on the pavement, w 24 slots marked off down the RH side as they come thru the pit gate.

There will be a 'hot pit ' for pit crews behind the backstretch stands
    (should be able to hear better also as a result) It will extend to the 1st light pole on either side.

Early campers will have the option of parking on the drag strip, all the way down to the end, with the others in the recently mowed field on the RH side of the drag strip wall Fans enter & park out front . Employees at the trailer @ the dragstrip.

If you are interested in obtaining a paved parking spot for the 2nd Annual Winter Freeze Event, please send $100 per parking spot made payable to :

Screven Motor Speedway, Attn: Winter Freeze, PO BOX 310 Springfield, GA 31329.

Please also include a list of who the spots are for, so that we can reserve them in your name.

Hurry and reserve your spot today!!

Screven motor speedway feb 10-11th
    bigg redds diner menu
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    dinner plates-

fried shrimp
    fried catfish
    fried flounder
    low country shrimp boil
    hamburger steak/gravy
    roast beef /gravy
    country fried steak
    meatballs/gravy
    spaghetti with italian meatballs
    fried chicken
    sausage /peppers & onions
    bbq pork
    baby back pork ribs

vegetables:

Corn beef with cabbage
    collard greens /smoked neckbone
    corn
    green beans
    baked beans
    scalloped cheese potatoes
    veg. Sucatash
    squash
    rice/gravy
    sweet vidiala onion rings
    french fries

sammiches:

Hand pattied angus beef burgers (aged 28 days)
    homestyle chicken fingers
    steak hoagie/cheese
    famous thick pork chop sammich
    fish sammich-catfish or flounder
    3/8ths mile thick bologna/cheese on yeller bread
    bbq sammich
    corn dogs
    nathians 10" homewrecker hot dogs
    bologna,egg ,cheese sammich
    blt sammich
    cheese sticks wit marinara
    southwestern egg rolls

soups:

Homemade chili
    catfish stew
    chicken and rice

candy
    chips
    nacho cheese chips
    red velvet cakes etc.

Souths best sweat tea
    coke products
    hot chocolate
    leroy hill coffe brands

get ready to loosen ya belt !

Check out youtube Screven Winter Freeze heat races from last year. Good racing for sure and only going to be better this year. Only 2 weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by slick01 View Post
    He has a better crowd than GIS as it is.

If Redd can hang in there and build this thing it will be huge.

I understand your point with the e-mods but PLEASE NO.

I can't see any way that they would pull more than 10 more fans.
    HUGE CROWDS - ROAMING WHEREVER THEY WANT TO GO - EATING LIKE KINGS

SPEAKING of **HANGING IN THERE.....16 YEARS & HAS THE DEED....

AND BUILDING THE EVENT..THE N EAST BIG BLOCK MODS BRING THE PEOPLE.

ALREADY LOOKING AT 2013

WE FULLY EXPECT THE WoO TO SUGGEST A ' MINI-VOLUSIA'..

3 FULL SHOWS FOR THE 3 CLASSES ( SLM-BB-MODS-SPRINTS) OVER 2 DAYS

SO.....

11 DAYS TO GO ..

** AND IT AIN`T FOR SALE....
    Last edited by HighMaintenance2007; 01-29-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Breaking news !! / New Bedford Indiana`s ...

Greg ' The Wild Thang ' Johnson headed 4 Screven feb 10 - 11

" always love taking that Outlaw money "..