Thread: Birdcage liners

Default Birdcage liners

I have the TWM rocket birdcages with teflon liners.Just took off car to clean, do maintenance. Question is? The spacer between the birdcage and clamp on brake mount doesnt have a piece of liner in it. Is it necessary? It's only an inch wide. It has a grease fitting.. Problem is though, the spacer is loose and kinda wobbly. If you know what I mean? I thought all that had to be all tight tolerances. The birdcages are also a little loose after replacing. I clamped everything up right next to each other with no lateral play. Should the rest of the play be taken up by the greasing of the liners.And finally where do I find replacement liners? Thanks Kevin

Default OOps!

I need to correct my self! Nylon liners. NYLON!

Not sure about the spacing and liners, but a grease fitting on something with a nylon liner has me questioning it. How often has someone accidentally pumped petroleum grease in there? Anything plastic should always get a silicone based grease.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.