Default World Of Outllaws Late Model Series 2011 Schedule.

World Of Outlaws Late Model Series 2011 Schedule (As of Friday, December 10th 2010)
    Date - Day - Track/Location - Event - To Win - Laps

Feb. 17 - Thurs. - Volusia Speedway Park; Barberville, FL - (DIRTcar Nationals) - $10,000 - 50L
    Feb. 19 - Sat. - Volusia Speedway Park; Barberville, FL - (DIRTcar Nationals) - $10,000 - 50L

March 18-19 - Fri-Sat - Columbus Speedway; Columbus, MS - $20,000 - 100L
    March 25 - Fri. - Ocala Speedway; Ocala, FL - $10,000 - 50L
    March 26 - Sat. - Screven Motor Speedway; Sylvania, GA - $10,000 - 50L
    March 27 - Sun. - Needmore Speedway; Norman Park, GA - $10,000 - 50L

April 1-2 - Fri-Sat - La Salle Speedway; La Salle, IL - (Illini 100) - $20,000 - 100L
    April 15-16 - Fri-Sat - Virginia Motor Speedway; Jamica, VA - (Commonwealth 100) - $25,000 - 100L
    April 29 - Fri. - TBA
    April 30 - Sat. - Blurgrass Speedway; Bardstown, KY - $10,000 - 50L

May 6 - Fri. - Fayetteville Motor Speedway; Fayetteville, NC - $10,000 - 50L
    May 7 - Sat. - Swainsboro Raceway; Swainsboro, GA - $10,000 - 50L
    May 12 - Thurs. - Delaware International Speedway; Delmar, DE - $10,000 - 50L
    May 14 - Sat. - Winchester Speedway; Winchester, VA - $10,000 - 50L
    May 27 - Fri. - Beckley Motor Speedway; Beckley, WV - $10,000 - 50L
    May 28 - Sat. - West Virginia Motor Speedway; Mineral Wells, WV - (RaceFest) - $8,000 - 30L
    May 29 - Sun. - West Virginia Motor Speedway; Mineral Wells, WV - (RaceFest) -

June 21 - Tues. - Brewerton Speedway; Brewerton, New York - $10,000 - 50lL
    June 23 - Thurs. - Lernerville Speedway; Sarver, PA - (Firecracker 100) - $6,000 - 30L
    June 24 - Fri. - Lernerville Speedway; Sarver, PA - (Firecracker 100) - $6,000 - 30L
    June 25 - Sun. - Lernerville Speedway, Sarver, PA - (Firecracker 100) - $30,000 - 100L

July 2-3 - Sat-Sun - Tazewell Speedway; Tazewell, TN - (Outlaw Sizzler 101) - $20,000 - 101L
    July 8 - Fri. - Outlaw Motor Speedway; Muskogee, OK - (Wild West Tour) - $50,000 - 50L
    July 9 - Sat. - Tri-State Speedway; Picola, OK - (Wild West Tour) - $10,000 - 50L
    July 12 - Tues. - Independence Motor Speedway; Independence, IA (Wild West Tour) - $10,000 - 50L
    July 13 - Wed. - Deer Creek Speedway; Spring Valley, MN - (Wild West Tour) - $10,000 - 50L
    July 14 - Thurs. - Superior Speedway; Superior, WI - (Wild West Tour) - $10,000 - 50L
    July 15 - Fri. - River Cities Speedway; Grand Forks, SD - (Wild West Tour) - $10,000 - 50L
    July 16 - Sat. - TBA
    July 19 - Tues. - Gillette Thunder Speedway; Gillette, WY - (Wild West Tour) - $10,000 - 50L
    July 27 - Wed. - Central PA Speedway; Clearfield, PA - $8,000 - 40L
    July 29 - Fri. - TBA
    July 30 - Sat. - TBA
    July 31 - Sun. - Eriez Speedway; Hammett, PA - $10,000 - 50L

Aug. 3 - Wed. - Shawano Speedway; Shawano, WI - $10,000 - 50L
    Aug. 5-6 - Fri-Sat - Cedar Lake Speedway; New Richmond, WI - (USA 100) - $50,000 - 100L
    Aug. 19 - Fri. - Winston Speedway; Rothbury, MI - $10,000 - 50L
    Aug. 20 - Sat. - TBA

Sept. 3 - Sat. - Tri-City Speedway; Franklin, PA - (Oil Region Labor Day Classic) - $10,000 - 50L
    Sept. 4 - Sun. - Tri-City Speedway; Franklin, PA - (Oil Region Labor Day Classic) - $10,000 - 50L
    Sept. 16 - Fri. - Hartford Motor Speedway; Hartford, MI - $10,000 - 50L
    Sept. 17 - Sat. - I-55 Raceway; Pevely, MO - (Pepsi Nationals) - $10,000 - 50L

Oct. 12 - Wed. - The Dirt Track at Charlotte; Concord, NC - (WoO LM Showdown) - $10,000 - 50L

Nov. 3 - Thurs. - The Dirt Track at Charlotte; Concord, NC -(World Finals) - Qualify
    Nov. 4 - Fri. - The Dirt Track at Charlotte; Concord, NC - (World Finals) - $10,000 - 50L
    Nov. 5 - Sat. - The Dirt Track at Charlotte; Concorde, NC - (World Finals) - $10,000 - 50L

Schedule subject to change. Check http://www.WorldofOutlaws.com for the latest information.
    Nathan Stephens -
    you know me as either - nathans101 or nathans1012
    new computer and new screen name and password for 4M.net

Midwest Dirt Racing (covering tracks across the U.S)
    Added a new Page: Late Model Touring Schedules
    www.midwestdirtracing.webs.com

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Fairbury American Legion Speedway - 1
    Hartford Motor Speedway - 1
    Illiana Motor Speedway - 2
    Kankakee County Speedway - 5
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2
    Total # of Races in 2011 - 12

Boy the 3 day Ocala- Screven- Needmore does not make a lot of sense .Why not let the racer work their way down or back up . They wonder why the cars and fans are not coming.Screven should be either first or last .

Looks like a crappy schedule to me. They go to a bunch of junk tracks and junking states. No wonder people like Bloomquist and Moyer stopped following the series.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Quote Originally Posted by AJL397 View Post
    Boy the 3 day Ocala- Screven- Needmore does not make a lot of sense .Why not let the racer work their way down or back up . They wonder why the cars and fans are not coming.Screven should be either first or last .
    Uhmmmm! OK!!!!

Using Google Maps and following the route of the schedule, the Columbus > Ocala > Screven > Needmore > Lasalle trip will cover a total of 1915 miles.

Changing the sked to Columbus > Ocala > Needmore > Screven > Lasalle the trip would cover a total of 1883 miles.

Do you really think anyone following the WoO LMS Tour will be concerned about 32 miles?

Did it ever occur to you that the track owner/promoter has something to say about the the day they prefer to have a race at their track?

Quote Originally Posted by 99plummer View Post
    Looks like a crappy schedule to me. They go to a bunch of junk tracks and junking states. No wonder people like Bloomquist and Moyer stopped following the series.
    OK, you got me!!

What in the world is a "junking state?"

Would you care to name the "junk tracks?" That way I will know which ones to avoid!! THANKS!!

32 miles or not, just makes more sence. Also,watch how many of them head north sunday and not south

Needmore is a good 2 hour drive from Screven that translate into 100 or so mile back one way then most of the teams are from North of Screven so that this 100 back total of 200 plus miles .Columbus and Lasalle dates are several days apart from these 3 in a row dates .NMS is only 8 miles off off I 75 that they will be going down on to OCALA .

US-82 W
    2 hrs 1 minute / 102.38 miles

GA-122
    2 hrs / 95.90 miles

US-84 W
    2 hrs 9 mins / 105.15 miles
    Last edited by AJL397; 12-30-2010 at 03:25 AM.

ajl397, It sounds as though you are mostly concerned about the travel for the local and regional teams. The tour also has to be concerned with overall travel of the tour teams. The impact of which GA race is first simply is minimal to inconsequential for the tour teams.

There are many local teams who will not drive two hours for a race anyway.

As I mentioned before, the preference of the track owner/promoter with regard to the date/day they desire for a tour event impacts the schedule every bit as much as the direction of the next event. Don't you think they should have some say in the matter since they are putting up the purse?

In spite of the fact that there are five days between Columbus and Ocala and then four days between Needmore and La Salle, really doubt many of the touring teams will head back to their home base. Often they will stop off at another team's shop and perform maintenance on their equipment. Maybe the location of Shane Clanton and Clint Smith shops nearer to Atlanta bothers you too!

I suppose you are also upset that with the portion of the Lucas sked where they are at Volunteer then go N to Lawrenceburg then turn back SW to Bluegrass then turn back NE to Portsmouth and WVMS.

Traveling is what the touring teams do. Both the WoO and Lucas Series do their best to keep the travel to a minimum but the preference of the track owner/promoter comes into play too.

It appears you are just making a mountain out of a mole hill! Just too funny!

Ok who cares !!!

photo.....I think what he is trying to say is that "us" in the south don't get the chance to see a series unless we travel 2 or more hours.And instead of having just a few come back to Needmore if any it made more sence to have them after Ocala so we get a full field and they move on to Screven with a full field also... But like I said earlier,watch how many head North Sunday instead of South

Pre_5, I understand what you all are suggesting. I really do! But that would be a perfect world and the dirt racing world is far from perfect.

I was trying to point out that the track owner/promoter has a large influence in the decision about when they will race at their track. last year the WoO LMS raced at Ocala on Sat and Screven on Sun. If Screven felt they could do better with a Sat race, they would probably demand the Sat date. Then Needmore would likely get (be stuck with) Sun since they are new to the WoO LMS sked.

There again, it's not perfect. But, it's not all bad either.

Last year Ocala had 26 cars and Screven had 33. Only 19 cars were at both races. Of the 7 cars who only raced at Ocala, all but 1 were from FL. So, I think it would be safe to say none of them will be at either Screven or Needmore this year.

There were 14 cars who raced only at Screven. Two were from SC and 1 from NC with the others all being from GA. I listed them below and really don't know where in GA their home base is located. Perhaps most of them will be at both Screven and Needmore. It would be a wild guess at this point but I really doubt it would make any difference if Needmore was on Sat and Screven was on Sun.
    27-Ben Faircloth/Swainsboro, GA
    4-Jeremy Faircloth/Swainsboro, GA
    20-Henry Carter/Waycross, GA
    10-Scott Shirey/Swansea, GA
    101-Casey Roberts/Toccoa, GA
    104-Monk Gulledge/Batesburg, SC
    3d-Chesley Dixon/Swainsboro, GA
    98-Casey Barrow/Savannah, GA
    8-Shane Walker/Bloomingdale, GA
    22x-John Henderson/Aiken, SC
    16-Brian Nuttal Jr./Claxton, GA
    93-Bo Smith/Sylvania, GA
    41-Mark Davis/Savannah, GA
    2d-Bob Robertson/Mooresville, NC

The full-time WoO LMS drivers almost certainly be at every WoO event especially that early in the year. It remains to be seen where/when Francis, Eckert, Frank and a few others will travel as there has been varying rumors about their 2010 participation.

The Lucas Oil Series is going to be in Indiana, so none of those guys will show up. You will probably have a better GA driver turnout this year at Screven and Needmore since anyone within even 3-4 hours can run two consecutive nights for $10,000. They dont get that chance too often and with perhaps a few less WoO teams, it will be a good chance for a nice payout.

WoO will still probably attract 10-12 full and part time touring racers and the rest will be up to the local and regional GA teams.

JMHO,
    Joe