KELCAR Motorsports Media and Management Set for Early 2011 Season Events

Woodruff, South Carolina – After announcing his resignation from the Southern All Stars Racing Series at the end of the 2010 season, KELCAR Motorsports owner Kelley Carlton has officially begun his next racing venture. Carlton has acquired several early season events for his management firm for 2011. "We were looking for a change and a different direction. We have done several independent events over the last several years and we have been very successful and decided this was what we wanted to do." Carlton said. The KELCAR Motorsports team will celebrate its 10th season as the super late model officiating team for January’s Ice Bowl at Talladega Short Track in Eastaboga, Alabama. “We are very proud of the association and relationship that we have developed with Lynn Phillips and Alfred Gurley at Talladega. They are great folks who host one of the most popular events of the year. It started out with just me and a couple of guys and has grown from there. It sure means a lot to me and my guys that they have put so much trust in us. The Ice Bowl has always been one of the highlights of my year. It is more than just a race, it’s a happening. It is just a cool event where a lot of people come to enjoy some great racing and good fellowship. We can’t wait for the Ice Bowl every year and 2011 is no exception.” Carlton said. Ice Bowl XX will be held January 6th – 9th and will feature racing in multiple divisions. Divisions and rules can be found be visiting www.talladegashorttrack.com

In addition to the Ice Bowl, Carlton has also added 3 other early season events. “We are honored that Frankie Lloyd has asked us to come and officiate his Super Bowl of Racing VII at Golden Isles Speedway in February. Frankie decided that he wanted to try to do this race unsanctioned and see how it works out. I believe it will prove to be very successful for him. This has become an established kick-off to Speedweeks and the drivers have come to embrace the track in its new configuration the last couple of years. And Golden Isles has really provided some awesome racing the last few years. Frankie has decided to go with 2 nights of racing paying $10,000 to win each. So I believe he has listened to the drivers and fans and put together a very solid event that pays good money before the teams all head further South to Florida.” Carlton added. The Super Bowl of Racing VII will feature 2 unsanctioned $10,000 to win / 50 lap super late model races along with the GIS Limited Sportsman class. Dates for the Super Bowl of Racing VII will be Friday, February 4th and Saturday, February 5th. GIS will also hold a practice session on Thursday, February 3rd. The event will carry an open compound / brand tire rule however KELCAR Officials will be checking tires for chemical alteration. Body / engine / weight rules will be as per 2010 Southern All Stars rules. Point your web browsers to www.goldenislesspeedway.com for more event and ticket information.

When Screven Motor Speedway in Sylvania, Georgia announced their Winter Freeze the Thursday night prior to the Golden Isles events Carlton also saw the opportunity to help out at one of his favorite venues. “When Redd (promoter James Griffin) put this announcement out, I was immediately on the phone with him. Golden Isles and Screven are two of my favorite race tracks to work at and to see a race at. I can’t say how happy I am that he jumped at the chance to have me and the guys working with him on the show. Screven is just a cool and unique place. Everyone that I have spoken with that has been to Screven seems to love the place. I am one of those that loves it too.” Screven’s event will also feature an unsanctioned $10,000 to win / 50 lap super late model race along with a $10,000 to win O’Reilly All-Star Circuit of Champions 410 Sprint Car race. Screven’s Winter Freeze is scheduled for Thursday, February 3rd. Super late model rules are the same as the GIS events. For more information visit the Screven Motor Speedway website at www.screvenmotorspeedway.com

Carlton is still looking to book dates or discuss his services with promoters. "We could do maybe 20 or 25 events and not be spread too thin. We wanted to get away from the set schedule so we could spend more time with other aspects of our lives. I am still working with my brother Rusty, Alton Wilson, Tator Riser, Chris Rooney, Travis Scott, CJ Mason, Randy Riser and all the other guys and that kind of schedule would be a perfect fit for us. So I am still looking for promoters who need help with their big events or that are thinking of putting on a big event of their own. Our intent is not to take anything away from anyone else but we know there is a need for our services out there. We have a lot to offer and we are passionate about this sport. We have a few proposals out on several events now so we expect to announce a few more dates very soon." Carlton added. For questions about KELCAR Motorsports Media and Management, their services or for specific rules questions call Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442, email to kelcarms@gmail.com or visit www.kelcarmotorsports.com