Thread: Crank thrust

Default Crank thrust

started to pull my 2.5 apart last night. the short block was built by Race Engineering, has about 25 races on it. checking the crank end play came out at 0.015, much more than the stock .004 - .008 recommendation. Is this too much? Everything else measured well within specs. i'm not sure how race engine clearances relate to the stock numbers.

Give Race Engineering a call & ask them how much crank end-play they build into their short-blocks. The .015" sounds a bit high. Got some clearance between the clutch throw-out bearing & the fingers on the pressure-plate..... with the engine installed? -Dave-

Dave's right, it may be what they prefer. BTW, I tore one of my motors down and had .025 in the thrust and ran fine. BUT, I know why my motor was like it was so I was fine with it.

Default Crank thrust

Thanks guys. I'll call Race Engineering today. In the past they have not been very helpful when I call but I'll try again. And Dave, I do have plenty of clearance with the clutch/throw out bearing when everything is installed.