Default late model pit lifts, check this out

I've been checking on building hyd pit lifts for late models but not sure if there would be enough of a market to even bother start building these ive been checking on prices on these and from what ive seen there between $2000 an $2500. what does every one think, Ive got suppliers for all material and I can build a high quality lift with everything except you supply the 12 volt battery and I can sell them between $1500-$1600 now thats quit abit cheaper than any other lift ive found and thats with good quality parts and all aluminum it would be similar to a corbin lift. do you guys think I could get much business selling these for that price. any comments or advice is appriciated.
    thanks,
    4bangerhotrod

Ok this is just my opinion... I think there big and bulky and take up alot of room in the trailer. I also think for a pit tool it will still be to high priced. Some people will want them but I believe the market will be small. I am in the fabrication business and have given some thought to building some also.

Personally im still trying to talk myself out of installing air jacks. I have to add 150 pounds of lead so i got room to carry the extra weight. Theres a pic on the Swartz website of a car that has them.

Quote Originally Posted by jason29a View Post
    Personally im still trying to talk myself out of installing air jacks. I have to add 150 pounds of lead so i got room to carry the extra weight. Theres a pic on the Swartz website of a car that has them.
    I've thought about doing this myself. Where is that picture ? I don't know what the "swartz website" is.

http://www.swartzracecars.com/

I didn't look for the pictures mentioned; but, these systems were pretty big in my local area a few seasons back. They seemed to work pretty well; but, after someone in the midwest junked a car due to the right front jack leg springs letting the jack down at speed their use diminished pretty rapidly.

[edit] Here is the link where the picture can be found: http://www.swartzracecars.com/photos.php [/edit]
    Last edited by talclipse; 12-21-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Yeah tell me thats not cool... If the legs were actually prone to possible dropping down nothing a return spring wouldnt fix.

u could fix that easy enough with a pull pin or a spring style pin

Last edited by stock car driver; 12-21-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bangerhotrod View Post
    I've been checking on building hyd pit lifts for late models but not sure if there would be enough of a market to even bother start building these ive been checking on prices on these and from what ive seen there between $2000 an $2500. what does every one think, Ive got suppliers for all material and I can build a high quality lift with everything except you supply the 12 volt battery and I can sell them between $1500-$1600 now thats quit abit cheaper than any other lift ive found and thats with good quality parts and all aluminum it would be similar to a corbin lift. do you guys think I could get much business selling these for that price. any comments or advice is appriciated.
    thanks,
    4bangerhotrod
    PM me if you go ahead with them.
    Build a bridge & get over it.