Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Old Style Nose ?

Anybody know where you can still buy the "old" style nose piece (not the MD-whatever stuff that require the $$ flappers)

Like this one :

Thanks
    Last edited by RacerX10; 12-04-2010 at 10:26 PM.

I beleive you can still get them at Performance Bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by F22 RAPTOR View Post
    To me the noses keep getting uglier and uglier. Why bother having these noses anymore, they have them laid back so far we might as well run the slope style nose and call it a day, they look better anyway. By the way I'm not bashing you nose, the one pictured looks better than the one I just saw on the new killer chassis with the flappers.... JMO
    I agree, the new stuff looks ridiculous. The nose piece on my car in the picture is about 7 years old and that's the last time they didn't look stupid.

I don't know wtf is up with the nonsense about them molding the new ones with 2" of rake on one side either .. they look horrible.

Function over looks, downforce.

You can still get them noses Speedway still has them in the catalog.
    Guerilla Racing Junkies.

Shovel on a little more coal, then when we cross white oak mountain, watch 97 roll!

The problem is the gall dang motors.

speedway has some,...performance body got them for a verity of makes all way back to 70s camaro

Why force us to run a nose is my point. You could go back to the slope style nose from the early 90's and make it yourself, no retarded sticker set masquerading as stock appearing. The whole reason everyone went down this road was to appear more stock so the fans could relate to a make and model, but it's obviously a lost effort because nobody could identify with this junk... JMO
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Were the MD3 ,dominator nose designed in a wind tunnel or did somebody say''looks good build it''?

Default Old style nose

859-382-3557 give me a call i can get u those cheap thanks Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by RCJ View Post
    Was the MD3 ,dominator nose designed in a wind tunnel or did somebody say''looks good build it''?
    I'm going with selection number 2, because I seriously doubt anybody ponied up for a wind tunnel test.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Think about it like this in the last few years weve seen the birth of the world of outlaws late models and they (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) sure wind tunnel test winged sprint cars to determine what down force is being produced and set a rule regarding what can be done to the wing. its not unlikely that they slipped in some bodied chassis and played with various noses angle etc for a couple of extra runs im sure it didnt increase the cost by much. when you sign up for a wind tunnel test at an air force base or a air craft manufacturer you paying more if your testing every possible test but to fire up the fans and run a few analysis and the facility doesnt have to provide as much input it would make perfect sense for someone looking to do wind tunnel test on the cheap. not that its cheap but compared to testing avionics on a x plane i promise you its not as complicated or costly.

I had often wondered if a guy could still find any of the old Ford Probe noses that used to be so popular?
    "Doc"
    Dowdyracing.com

Found it !

Respectable price, too ($114)

http://www.southwestspeed.com/?sec=view_part&id=7025

I GOT 5 PONTIAC GP BLUE NOSES I TAKE 65.00 ea PLUS FREIGHT BRAND NEW
    BDH MACHINE & PERFORMANCE
    RACE CAR BODIES & PARTS
    618-581-8526
    PERFORMANCE BODIES DEALER

the XD-4 has been to the wind tunnel and outperforms anything out there when it comes to downforce. check them out plus i think they look alot better, and i know they're alot less expensive.

http://www.racingjunk.com/category/6...NOSE-KITS.html
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    the XD-4 has been to the wind tunnel and outperforms anything out there
    Can we see the data ?

no you can't see the data but just ask anyone that has driven their car with one and they will tell you the difference is noticable.

the reason you cant see the data is that there are many small things that make a huge difference and they paid the bill and spent the time.

check out the circle track article from last year.
    you just got greased

What kind of down force numbers in general does a late model have?

idk for sure but i am making an assumption that its in the hundreds of pounds from what i here the guys talk about. cause they claim the xd setup beats out everyone by neirly 80lbs. i would say that sounds like alot but i know on my car i could tell a huge difference in the way it steers after only changing the nose.
    you just got greased

from the horses mouth but not word exactly.

the test used the 3 popular designs and a wedge style also the old camaro. all were installed like typical noses in the same manner.

air density and barometer readings as well as wheel load cells took readings from various locations. the results were based on that. the conclusion was that the wedge was a more efficient model and created more downforce than any of the others. which led to the design of the xd nose. there were 3 others before the xd-4 which is why its called the xd-4.

they say the main problem is that more lift is created with the other packages and the xd has the solution to that problem built into it. so inturn more air is used to push the car down which is why they say 80 lbs at 80 mph more.
    you just got greased