Default compression reading

What is compression reading of a stock 602 on the gauge?

Thanks

all mine ran 125 to 135 stock

Thanks for your answer. If I can have some more answers, I'll be able to compare. I'm told from a guy that he's got 175 on the ones he checked(6 of them). It seems a bit high for a 9 to 1 comp. ratio engine with stock cam.

Maybe some engine builders would like to shares some info on this topic. It would be really appreciate.

Thanks

The only way you can accurately run a comp ck on a hyd lifter engine is to provide oil to the lifters under normal conditions such as running the dist less gear with a drill. the reason for this is when you shut the engine down several of the valves are in the open position and will bleed down within 30 seconds or so. with the lifters collapsed a comp ratio ck on that cylinder will show very high pressure. the same cylinder will show normal once the engine has oil pressure again Bill
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 U.S. Hwy 221 North
    Rutherfordton North Carolina 28139
    828-286-0780
    www.hendrensracingengines.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Thanks for your answer. If I can have some more answers, I'll be able to compare. I'm told from a guy that he's got 175 on the ones he checked(6 of them). It seems a bit high for a 9 to 1 comp. ratio engine with stock cam.

Maybe some engine builders would like to shares some info on this topic. It would be really appreciate.

Thanks
    175 on a 602 in mississippi will get your engine tore down... lol

Thanks, keep these answer coming.